Leak

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
HugoMF
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HugoMF » 11 May 2006, 10:03

Well do what you want with the downloading of H5 at your own risk, and if you gonna make a thread about your preview remember to add *SPOILER*
Don't worry, ill upload a pic of myself and the collectors edition version of the game on release day to clear the minds on anyone who would think i would not buy the game.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 11 May 2006, 10:21

there is nothing wrong in downloading a game.

I know that I will buy the game if it's good (I have it preordered) but if it sucks.. I will thank myself for downloading and cancel my pre-order.

I really think more people should do the same. As long as one is true to himself..

I have been playing H3 and H4 for years and bought both games (bought H4 twice). If I can see myself playing H5 for years I will buy the game. Simple as that.

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 11 May 2006, 10:50

So you think it ok to do somthing becuse yes it might be illigal but i dont get cought? Well my frind a law is a law, and well you are braking it!

Sombody asked how dling game hurts us the fans? Was he not around when the Starforce debate was raging? We nerly got the game inffected withe crappy cp! And if you are a so big fan that you post her what about homm VI? You think what you are doing now dosent effekt ubi? they will increes ther foucus on cps. That is how it hurt us, becuse of stupid people dling the game we that buy get slaped withe cps. So "fans" as you are you are pissing in youre own pantes outside in minuss degrees. Its hot in the start but oh so colde in the end!

And the moral of it you guys think are ok? finnaly they give us homm v affter so long an you brake their copy write as a thanks? Affter all the time and effort they put in to make this game!

Yes guys what you are doning are in many places illigal, its hurting honest gamers around the world, it moraly wrong for a homm fans to steel it(you can argue it all you want but that i what you are doing tecnacly and leagaly) after we nerly did not ge another game!
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

HugoMF
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HugoMF » 11 May 2006, 10:55

Znork it's become quite obvious that you:

1- Can't express yourself properly - The typos make make it impossible to understand over 50% of the things you post.
2- Don't realize that what matters to companies isn't the number of people who download the game, but the number of people who BUY the game. They dont care if you download it, they only care if you BUY it when it comes out.

Also please stop the whining - like a moderator said this conversation will only be allowed to continue if it doesn't turn into a flame wars, and your pointless whining and inflaming, trully uninformed posts aren't helping, and they bring this one step closer to it.

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 11 May 2006, 11:02

1 what ever

2 Its you that don realize that they dont think that way! They see you steeling it! And infact you are! and if you feel flamed that im telling you that what you are doing is wrong well fine!

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 11 May 2006, 11:05

First of all HugoMF, what you said could quickly close this topic as well.
Znork wrote:So you think it ok to do somthing becuse yes it might be illigal but i dont get cought? Well my frind a law is a law, and well you are braking it!
1. I only believe in laws that uphold ethics. I will still buy the game (if it's good) so I am not unethical. 2. some laws are just plain stupid so I won't go into details. 3. if you weren't replying to me then well, I took the liberty to reply to you anyway ;P
Znork wrote:And the moral of it you guys think are ok? finnaly they give us homm v affter so long an you brake their copy write as a thanks? Affter all the time and effort they put in to make this game!
the way I got it is that people are downloading it to cut the waiting, not to insult ubi.

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 11 May 2006, 11:11

Znork wrote:
1 what ever

2 Its you that don realize that they dont think that way! They see you steeling it! And infact you are!

I, and most ppl except the fanbois, dont care what they think.
Try-before-you-buy is NOT stealing. It is not BAD.

The software-firms are not nice and cosy to you. They are not
you friend or girl-friend. They are money-making basterds and
that is ok.

The software-firms dont gives a shit about you sir...

Why do you defend them like you do?

Malicen
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Malicen » 11 May 2006, 11:35

The THING is!
That where I live (which is mentioned on the left, just below my avatar ;)) the game will be available in stores probably next YEAR (I'm probably exagarating, but it's close to truth), and even then it will cost money that I will not be able to spend. So THANK YOU RELOADED!

BUT!!!
I will BUY this game for the first time I get my chance (probably the next time I get out of this shithole of a country or order it via internet) and have enough money of course :).

So when you're in my position you probably do not think of this download as a theft.
This is a great game and everyone should buy it. But if you can't afford it, and like it anyway. Well, you know what to do...
The prayers of the soul tend towards the helping angels discovering the griefs of the heart when pains are consuming it burning.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 11 May 2006, 11:36

Theft is a crime and unethical whether the thief agrees or not.

And if you can't afford it or get a hold if it as soon as everyone else... if you were stealing bread to feed your starving children I might agree that a bit of stealing isn't so bad. But a computergame? Not a chance.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 11 May 2006, 11:43

If one's going to descend into ethics then theft is not necessarily unethical. There are many ethical systems out there that people use. Utilitarianism for example is teleological so if the end outcome is beneficial then it is the right/good thing to do - if 'stealing' HoMM5 by downloading it, playing it early, and then buying the game (money goes to UBI) does produce many benefits (joy to self and profit to hard-working developer/publisher) then it is not necessarily bad and may outweigh the fact that it is an illegal act. It's only illegal because somebody with their own ethics/moral system decided it needed to be.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 11 May 2006, 11:50

Ethric wrote:Theft is a crime and unethical whether the thief agrees or not.

And if you can't afford it or get a hold if it as soon as everyone else... if you were stealing bread to feed your starving children I might agree that a bit of stealing isn't so bad. But a computergame? Not a chance.
the comparison to bread is extremely farfetched and when you think about it; not even close to being the same thing!

if you can't afford a game for whatever reason and download it the software firm won't lose anything. read again; the software firm doesn't lose ANYTHING since he can't afford it.

whereas if you steal bread, you steal something material that someone has produced and the material comes from mother earth.

downloading a game in purely electronical form isn't theft. stealing the box from a store, sure. downloading data from internet? not theft. not when you can't afford it.

SCENARIO: Person A can't get his hands on HOMM5 for a valid reason. If he could, he would buy it legally. so he downloads it from the internet. the result is that UBISOFT/NIVAL haven't lost anything since he didn't result in a lost sale. Neither did he steal the game with the box and everything; so there was no physical theft.

call it theft if you may but how is it unethical? I just can't grasp the notion of this kind of 'theft' as unethical. maybe a bit unnecessary since, as you say, it's just a game, but not unethical.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 May 2006, 11:57

innokenti wrote: It's only illegal because somebody with their own ethics/moral system decided it needed to be.
Eh... I think ur confusing ethics with capitalism.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 11 May 2006, 12:06

Arzang wrote:SCENARIO: Person A can't get his hands on HOMM5 for a valid reason. If he could, he would buy it legally. so he downloads it from the internet. the result is that UBISOFT/NIVAL haven't lost anything since he didn't result in a lost sale. Neither did he steal the game with the box and everything; so there was no physical theft.
You know what? I don't think that most people who download the game couldn't afford it if they wanted. I'd bet that in the wast majority of cases when people use a pirated copy of a game, they are infact taking the developer's money. If that doesn't apply to you, fine, but don't expect the laws to be made so that what you does would be defined as legal...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Malicen
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Malicen » 11 May 2006, 12:07

Arzang wrote:SCENARIO: Person A can't get his hands on HOMM5 for a valid reason. If he could, he would buy it legally. so he downloads it from the internet. the result is that UBISOFT/NIVAL haven't lost anything since he didn't result in a lost sale. Neither did he steal the game with the box and everything; so there was no physical theft.
There. Nicely said in just a few sentences.

But I still do not understand why people who are not damaged in any way, that are consumers of the game, not the producers, have anything to complain about this except the thing that they will not be the first to play this game.
The prayers of the soul tend towards the helping angels discovering the griefs of the heart when pains are consuming it burning.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 May 2006, 12:12

Gaidal Cain wrote: You know what? I don't think that most people who download the game couldn't afford it if they wanted.
Yeah, they could always sell their children. People from the West seem to love giving money for them. Of course now that the EU started buding in it's not as easy.

Debating legality and ethics is pointless, as each is too subjective and culture based to be able to call this or that right or wrong.
Malicen wrote: But I still do not understand why people who are not damaged in any way, that are consumers of the game, not the producers, have anything to complain about this except the thing that they will not be the first to play this game.
That's easy, the industry has them convinced that piracy is ruining games.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 11 May 2006, 12:17

You are aquireing someone's property, the results of their labour, without their consent. That is stealing. Whether they suffer an actual physical loss or not is irrelevant.
- Duke

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 11 May 2006, 12:30

Arzang wrote:First of all HugoMF, what you said could quickly close this topic as well.
Znork wrote:So you think it ok to do somthing becuse yes it might be illigal but i dont get cought? Well my frind a law is a law, and well you are braking it!
1. I only believe in laws that uphold ethics. I will still buy the game (if it's good) so I am not unethical. 2. some laws are just plain stupid so I won't go into details. 3. if you weren't replying to me then well, I took the liberty to reply to you anyway ;P
Znork wrote:And the moral of it you guys think are ok? finnaly they give us homm v affter so long an you brake their copy write as a thanks? Affter all the time and effort they put in to make this game!
the way I got it is that people are downloading it to cut the waiting, not to insult ubi.
1 the problem her is that it is ethical would you like not to get payed for youre work? And that fackt that you dont think the law is right dosent make it less illigal!
2 This law is right and if you think its stupid you should change the law not brake it
3 i dont mind you replaying

The thing is people you think what you are doing is moraly correct becuse 1 nobdy gets hurt
2 Its not like they realy loos money
3 I belive i have the right

I belive all tre arguments are wrong it the same argument ubi is using to justefy using copy protetcion!

So What you dllers are doing is hurting the fans of games more then you are hurting ubi!

And yes i understand the temption it is to downloand the game dont you think i realy realy want to play the game? You could argue that im angry becuse you are playing it im not :mad: what ever the reason for you to download the game its just wrong how ever you look at it!

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 11 May 2006, 12:37

Laserluger wrote:
Znork wrote:
1 what ever

2 Its you that don realize that they dont think that way! They see you steeling it! And infact you are!

I, and most ppl except the fanbois, dont care what they think.
Try-before-you-buy is NOT stealing. It is not BAD.

The software-firms are not nice and cosy to you. They are not
you friend or girl-friend. They are money-making basterds and
that is ok.

The software-firms dont gives a **** about you sir...

Why do you defend them like you do?
so you think making money is wrong? I know what they want? and well frankly they desserve ouer money!

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 11 May 2006, 12:44

Znork wrote: so you think making money is wrong? I know what they want? and well frankly they desserve ouer money!
At least, they deserve it if you are to have their product.

By the way, there's no need to quote everything in sight. Try to only quote what's relevant to your reply.
- Duke

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 11 May 2006, 12:52

Znork wrote:
so you think making money is wrong? I know what they want? and well frankly they desserve ouer money!
They deserves the money IF the game is good. A demo is seldom
enough to judge if a game is good or not. Just look at det demo
for the new bighugegames game. A shitty demo I dont want to
judge the final produkt on. By downloading the hole game and
trying it, I get the knowledge I need to decide if the game is
worth buying or not.

In some countries you cant return games you have purcased.
If the game stink then you are f***ed.

The last game that f***ed me was the horrible dungpile of
Oblivion. That will never happen again! So now I download
and try before I buy.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”