Dwarven town for expansion

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 30 Apr 2006, 16:51

DaemianLucifer wrote: Why not?Dragon golems from HIV arent that bad at all.I didnt like them at first,but they grew on me.Sometimes I even pick them over titans.
I was also thinking about the Crystal Dragons. I've heard they were once in a beta version of Heroes 5, but thrown away from the final game. Anybody knows how were they suppose to look like?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 16:56

HealingAura wrote: They are also an insult to the dragons because it means that a single human brain is all it takes to control a whole dragon :disagree: .
Ah,but it isnt a dragon,but a golem made out of dragon bones.And its not a human,but a dwarven brain :D

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 30 Apr 2006, 17:02

DaemianLucifer wrote:Ah,but it isnt a dragon,but a golem made out of dragon bones.And its not a human,but a dwarven brain :D
dragon bones :?? they are golems that look like dragons and made from metals. hence the name dragon golem and not golem dragon
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure...
:oex: winner of the the worst riddle ever :tonguehands:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 17:07

BenchBreaker wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:Ah,but it isnt a dragon,but a golem made out of dragon bones.And its not a human,but a dwarven brain :D
dragon bones :?? they are golems that look like dragons and made from metals. hence the name dragon golem and not golem dragon
Errr...No.In the order campaign solmyr is sent to the dragon graveyard in order to retrieve dragon bones so the golems could be infused with their power.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 30 Apr 2006, 17:10

DaemianLucifer wrote: Ah,but it isnt a dragon,but a golem made out of dragon bones.And its not a human,but a dwarven brain :D
My God 8|, those poor dragons! A couple of maniacs will not let them rest in peace, instead they rise them in their silly necromatic ceremonies, and for what! To make a weak seven-level units from them! And those pesky dwarves build toys from their bones! Where are the Dragon gods!

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 30 Apr 2006, 17:11

Dwarven town ey, well I allready made one some time ago.
Thelonious wrote: Brimir

ID card:

• Aka: The Dwarves
• Associated colors: Grey, red and Brown
• Worship: Syloth, the Dragon of Fire
• Core philosophy: “Mining gets wealth, wealth equals power, power equals victory”.
• Country / kingdom: the mountain range of Rak-Nuk
• Capital city: Rak-Kofed
• Key symbols: Crossed Pickaxe and Axe, a Wind-up Key
• Description: Dwarves are a hardy race that use the power of animation and alchemy to gather wealth. They don’t long for war, they only long to be left along to gather their wealth in peace. If their wealth is threatened they will do anything to defend it.
They use their gold, silver and other precious materials to build big and beautiful cities with the sole intend to baffle any visitors.
They live in great halls under the mountain most of them connected by small mountain paths.

Brief History:

62 YSD: The Seven Cities
Dwarves are called in from the mountains to aid in building the Seven Cities. While at first it seems they want no other reward than the gold – a few golems are missing after the dwarves leave

67 YSD: The Animation
The golems stolen from the wizards are successfully cloned, though dwarven golems aren’t nearly as strong. Dwarves continue experiment with smaller golems and animations.

152 YSD: The discovery of the use of Alchemy
Red dwarves from dwarven cities finally find uses for alchemy other than healing and mana restoration. A new branch of exploding potions and poison vials are made. These increase production and help to ward off intruders.

154 YSD: Alchemy is introduced in warfare
Dwarven warriors are now equipped with potions and trained in the art of Alchemy, they become more of a tread to the Wizards as Alchemy is a different discipline than magic and Wizards are not prepared.

461 YSD: Discovery of Necromancy
Belketh, a disciple of Sar-Shazzar, discovers the path of Necromancy. Necromantic experimentations begin in the Seven Cities. Word reaches to the Dwarves of necromancy who see this as a new way of animation.

527 YSD: New Order of Dwarves
Red dwarves have always ruled the dwarves because the are the wisest of dwarves and focus their lives on science and politics, but now Brown dwarves emerge – these are normal red dwarves, but they focus only on science. Red dwarves continue concentrating on both science and poitics.

The modern ages
771 YSD: Foundation of the Silver League

Survivors of the Seven Cities establish the Silver League (the second kingdom of Magic) in the lands to the south. Necromancers flee east to the haunted valley of Heresh. Again Dwarves are the main boulders of the new cities.

813-822 YSD: War of the Broken Staff
The Necromancers attempt to crush the newborn Silver League but the Wizards gain the upper hand and invade Heresh. The Necromancers are utterly defeated and their kingdom shattered.

822 YSD: Dwarven Necromancy
Some necromancers seek refuge with the dwarves – there they learn Brown dwarves how to animate wood and combine that with the older animation of stones so create a new kind of golem; the Animatron, these beings are small and are made to help with construction and mining. Dwarves are no longer seen in the world.

824 YSD: The Dwarven Battle
Wizards capture an Animatron and declare war to the dwarves. The Wizards rush into the mountains were the Dwarves lived, but find no dwarves there. The Dwarves had moved their realm to a unexploited mountain range to the west. The Wizards declare the Dwarves extinct.

Creatures:

Level 1:
Puncher (Upgrade: Chopper)

This tiny animation consists of just a few rocks put together. It is used to punch into hard stones to gather them out of the mountain. They aren’t very strong, and not very fast. They do have a great defence and are rather simplistic, so the come in great numbers. They are also animated which means that they are unaffected by certain spells.

Level 2:
Boar tamer (Upgrade: Boar rider)

These Dwarves tame boars to do work for them, such as carrying the gold to the cities. They’re able to use them in battle as well, and though the Boars are though opponents, there aren’t many in the mountains. The boars allow the dwarves to strike first, and Boar riders to strike without retaliation.

Level 3:
Grey Dwarf (Upgrade: Axe thrower)

The grey dwarves fight with axes, and are very resistant. Even to magic, so they’re not only good as miners, but are good warriors as well. Axe throwers have been trained especially for war and there for they are experts at it. They have a ranged attack.

Level 4:
Animation (Upgrade: Animatron)

Animations are made of wooden cogs and gears, and rocks. They are animated and move quick because of the gears, they have magic resistance. Because they are made with 2 kinds of magic they have a 5% chance of failing, which means they have to wait 1 turn. Animatrons are stronger, and their magic is less flawless, so they don’t fail.

Level 5:
Brown Dwarf (Upgrade: Alchemist)

Brown dwarves have specialized in science and they are masters of Alchemy. They have a lot of potions with them at all times which they can use in battle. They are train for war as well so they can still fight. The Alchemist has more potions available and stronger ones.

Level 6:
Digger Golem (Upgrade: War Golem)

These machines are animated, but are to big for dwarves to totally animate. That’s way dwarves still need to control these golems. Because they are partly animated they react instantly to any command, and thus always have first strike.

Level 7:
Behemoth (Upgrade: Ancient Behemoth)

Behemoths are natural inhabitants of the mountains, and dwarves have managed to tame them, and use them to guard their banks and cities. They are extremely strong and scary, so scary that opponents are unable to defend themselves properly. They also don’t strike back.
I thought it would be interesting to see the behemoths with the dwarves.

Also for the barbarians, I'll just note the creatures:

Level 1: Goblin upg. Hob goblin
Just your basic infantry, big numbers, double attack. Upgrade has big boost in stats.

Level 2: Goblin archer upg. Goblin axethrower
Shooter has ranged first strike, upgrade has 2 shots.

Level 3: Wolfraider urg. Wargraider
Mounted goblins, very fast, frist strike, upgrade hit and run.

Level 4: Troll upg. Cave Troll
Big tanks, regeneration upgrade has stoneskin permanently on him.

Level 5: Goblinshaman upg. Goblinmage
Spellcaster: Bloodlust, fire aura, stoneskin upgrade casts mass versions of spell and fireball

Level 6: Roc upg. Thunderbird
Flyer, Lightning immunity, 33% chance of casting lightning on attack. Upgrade has improved stats and improved growth.

Level 7: Cyclops upg. (upgraded Cyclops)
Shooter, shots can act destroy walls, upgrade also has area attack and more shots.

That would be about it for today.
Last edited by Thelonious on 01 May 2006, 13:34, edited 2 times in total.
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 17:15

@Thelonious

Ah yes,so you did.And it is a very nice one.Btw,did you ever send it to that town contest?

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 30 Apr 2006, 17:17

animations, that's a different perspective to view the dwarves, about the crossed pick and axe symbol, sounds like the solviet one ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 17:22

BenchBreaker wrote:animations, that's a different perspective to view the dwarves, about the crossed pick and axe symbol, sounds like the solviet one ;)
Oh right,lets not forget that americans need to play this,so no commie insinuations :rolleyes:

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 30 Apr 2006, 17:44

DaemianLucifer wrote:@Thelonious

Ah yes,so you did.And it is a very nice one.Btw,did you ever send it to that town contest?
Nope I didn't I forgot... :S
Grah!

HealingAura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HealingAura » 30 Apr 2006, 17:59

Great town Thelonious :applause:
Though, you made a mining-mountain-fire associated town while my town is rune-snowmountain-snow associated. I wonder if Nival and UbiSoft decide to create a dwarf town if it will be fire or snow associated.

I also liked your barbarian town but I don't know whether goblins or orcs should be the dominant race in this kind of barbarican town. If we'll get a goblin town then I want to see Goblin Pyromancers and Goblin Sharpshooters like in MTG :oex:
Death is not the answer to everything, torture also has its merits!

Phoenix_1973
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Phoenix_1973 » 30 Apr 2006, 18:13

I like the idea about dwarves in H5 being particulary based on Disciples Mountain clans ( with valkyries as lvl 7 I hope )

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 30 Apr 2006, 18:14

i don't think there will be too many goblins, the orcs are already mentioned some of the stories, the way i see it, goblin will probably be the slaves of orcs and occupy the lv1 spot in their town.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 01 May 2006, 09:24

HealingAura wrote:Great town Thelonious :applause:
Though, you made a mining-mountain-fire associated town while my town is rune-snowmountain-snow associated. I wonder if Nival and UbiSoft decide to create a dwarf town if it will be fire or snow associated.
I pictured them in a high mountain range with snow, but they are situated in great halls carved out of the mountain, sorta like Moria from LOTR.
BenchBreaker wrote:i don't think there will be too many goblins, the orcs are already mentioned some of the stories, the way i see it, goblin will probably be the slaves of orcs and occupy the lv1 spot in their town.
Yeah I forgot that. Well you could make all the goblins orc's in my town... No problem. Oh and about those sovjet thingy - well, it just looks cool. I didn't mean to insinuate anything...
Grah!

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 01 May 2006, 09:48

Thelonious wrote: I pictured them in a high mountain range with snow, but they are situated in great halls carved out of the mountain, sorta like Moria from LOTR.
Judging from the fact how the towns in H5 were made this far, this would be a great thing to look at :D I'm looking forward to see it.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 May 2006, 10:06

@Thelonious

Wargraiders could have bite attack(like the grim( :disagree: ) ones).

And upgraded cyclops definetily needs a better name.And he shouldnt have infinite shots.That would make him too powerful.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 May 2006, 11:30

DaemianLucifer wrote:
BenchBreaker wrote:maybe it could be an innate ability for all dwarves to take on their primal/animal/ancestral forms, but the ability is lost over time and only those with such bloodlust, rage and bersekness have rediscoved that ability?
Well,this could work.Something like a dwarven shaman.And it would mean the change in the werewolf stereotype.I like that idea.
Swarven shaman??? :| Wouldnt runemaster be better, using magical runes for turning themself into werewolves? Save the "shaman" for the orcs and ogres.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 May 2006, 11:32

Orfinn wrote: Swarven shaman??? :| Wouldnt runemaster be better, using magical runes for turning themself into werewolves? Save the "shaman" word for the orcs and ogres.
Yes,swarwen shaman would be weird indeed :devil:

Runes or totems.Both can work nicely.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 May 2006, 11:42

Oooops :| I meant Dwarven :D

Oh and a very nice proposal for a dwarf town Thelonius. I like it, very original ;)

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 01 May 2006, 12:42

Hmm, what do we need to make up a good Dwarven town?

1) Theme

This is what makes a town a Dwarven town (except Dwarves):

Mountains
Axes
Runes
Mining
Malt beer
Homeland in the cold north to create a "Viking feeling"

2) What creatures could come along with the Dwarves?

Giants
Ravens / Eagles
Wolves
Bears

3) What kinds of warriors do Dwarves have?
Miner
Axeman
Some kind of archer
Runemaster

Return to “Heroes V-VI”