"Twists and surprises"

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

"Twists and surprises"

Unread postby Orfinn » 23 Apr 2006, 16:48

Anyone remember the old E3 videos and the one with the battle between inferno and haven? At the end when the inferno hero lost all hes troops an spectral dragon appeared. May this be a scripted event in the campaign or not? I cant seem to find any skills, abilities that can summon a undead dragon if you have lost all of your troops. So anyone have a idea or clue what happened with this?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Apr 2006, 16:58

Scripted sounds right. FC was probably just showing off. Though there is that ability Guardian Angel that could do something like that, but right now I have no ideea how it works.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 23 Apr 2006, 16:59

I was wondering this myself the other day. I'm sure that was not a skill or ability in the closed beta (unlike guardian angel) so I don't know - it could have been a scripted event, I guess. Maybe the editor will enable us to do such things.

Gnoll_Mage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gnoll_Mage » 23 Apr 2006, 17:15

We were told it was a cliffhanger last time I think, so probably it was put in to make the video entertaining. I doubt it will be possible to add it ourselves, but it would be nice...

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 23 Apr 2006, 18:36

Or it's something that was planned at one point but got cut later...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 23 Apr 2006, 19:37

Gaidal Cain wrote:Or it's something that was planned at one point but got cut later...
Well that wouldnt surprise mem its pretty usual these dayz, though I hope they cutted it for balance issues. ;|

LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LordHoborgXVII » 23 Apr 2006, 22:50

I'd still say it was a scripted event. I can't imagine why they would have intended random things like that as regular non-scripted in-game occurences, they would just hurt the gameplay. I'm quite certain it was scripted by the map-maker.
Happy Millenium!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Apr 2006, 23:13

LordHoborgXVII wrote:I'd still say it was a scripted event. I can't imagine why they would have intended random things like that as regular non-scripted in-game occurences, they would just hurt the gameplay. I'm quite certain it was scripted by the map-maker.
Why?It would be nice to have it as a special.Like the guardian angel.

LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LordHoborgXVII » 23 Apr 2006, 23:28

It would not be too nice to have it as a special, because it would randomize the game too much. The game is supposed to be centered around strategy and planning. Troop management and logistics should take precedence, not random bonuses such as bone dragons suddenly popping out of nowhere like Tom Bombadil. If it were a bonus granted by a skill or an artifact, then I might have to agree that it wouldn't be that bad. If it was 'one of those things that will happen' on a random basis, that would add too much of an uncertainty factor and planning would take less of a center stage. A bone dragon suddenly appearing could turn the tide of a curcial battle, and I wouldn't want it to be a random occurence. Now if there was a 'guardian reeking undead dragon' potion, for instance, then I would agree to that, because it would require purposeful planning and implementation to use.
Happy Millenium!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Apr 2006, 23:32

Why should it be random?It could be the opposite of guardian angel:Shadow dragon appears and kills of your enemys stack.

LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LordHoborgXVII » 23 Apr 2006, 23:41

Killing an enemy stack is too drastic, unless it was a strictly controlled, very expensive ability. Because, especially in the end game, killing a stack could turn the tide of a crucial battle.
Last edited by LordHoborgXVII on 24 Apr 2006, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Millenium!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Apr 2006, 00:00

Guardian Agel in H5 ressurect ur last stack. An Archangel appears, ress, and then disappears.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Apr 2006, 00:00

No,I meant at the end of the fight.Something like a kamikazee atack.Guardian angel rises your stack when all of them die.Shadow dragon could kill your enemys stack when you get to your last unit,or something.Of course,not the whole stack,but a certain number of hp.

HMMFan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Shadow Dragon

Unread postby HMMFan » 24 Apr 2006, 16:57

Gaidal Cain is right; Ubi/Nival had planned for occasional end-of-the-fight surprises like a Shadow Dragon appearing to fight the victorious army, but that feature was removed.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”