Who does Ubi and HoMM V target?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
crislevin
Peasant
Peasant

Who does Ubi and HoMM V target?

Unread postby crislevin » 22 Apr 2006, 20:50

look at their sys req, they are targeting "gamer" more than "old fashion HoMM player". So I would really wonder how many player they gonna attract while losing old loyal player.
Like Me, sorry, the sys req is too much for me. And i guess no HoMM V for me..

HealingAura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HealingAura » 23 Apr 2006, 13:55

The sys req aren't that high ;|
Death is not the answer to everything, torture also has its merits!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 23 Apr 2006, 16:50

No they arent, still they are a bit higher than previous games but they arent skyhigh as I expected :)

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 23 Apr 2006, 17:09

As said above, system requirements are very low in comparison to other games on the market. Try comparing them with Oblivion for example. To get H5 to run decently you really don't need anything above a mediocre machine.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Apr 2006, 18:28

Infiltrator wrote:As said above, system requirements are very low in comparison to other games on the market. Try comparing them with Oblivion for example. To get H5 to run decently you really don't need anything above a mediocre machine.
You cant compare a TBS with an action RPG.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 23 Apr 2006, 18:33

Well I'm not comparing the games, but the sys requirements. That way the OP can know how big is the span between what the games on the current market demand.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Apr 2006, 18:40

Infiltrator wrote:Well I'm not comparing the games, but the sys requirements. That way the OP can know how big is the span between what the games on the current market demand.
If youre comparing the sys reqs,then you have to compare the graphics as well.And heroes dont need fancy graphics.It never was what made them so great.It was the gameplay,the feel of the races,and their style and looks.They will always look amazing,dispite the fact the graphics was rough.Just look at the dragon evolution poll.No one likes the HV style,even though that one uses the most advanced technology.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 23 Apr 2006, 18:54

I'll put it this way, since I don't think you're hearing what I'm saying - heroes might have been made much more technologically advanced, so the OP has little to complain as the graphics/requirement ratio we have now is the same graphics/requirement ratio of the previous heroes. You need a mediocre machine to run this, you needed a mediocre machine (at the time) to run Heroes 3 ect.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Apr 2006, 18:58

You can't compare the graphics of a Strategy game with a first person one. Or their requirements. You want to compare Heores5 to another game's graphics use another strategy game.

And DL, the H5 dragons look like shyte on their own, no amount of graphics can fix that... :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Apr 2006, 19:00

ThunderTitan wrote: And DL, the H5 dragons look like shyte on their own, no amount of graphics can fix that... :devil:
Thats exactly my point.They focused on technology instead of a style.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 23 Apr 2006, 19:06

Ok, I could have said Black and White 2, it's a strategy and it has requirements as high as Oblivion, my point remains, happy now? :baby:

As for the dragons, I'd make them a bit blacker, other then that, I like them more then in H3 or (god forbid) H4. The best Dragon was in H2, imo.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Apr 2006, 19:08

Actualy they picked the wrong style... The tech is not that impressive that it makes me think that if they didn't focus on it they would have cared more about the style. They just went with whats popular... (I blame Blizzard, damn flying jukeboxes)
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 23 Apr 2006, 19:12

Well to balance things out you got the new treants for all you sylvan people who were laughing at gargs ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Apr 2006, 19:13

As if the former Treants where any better. :disagree:

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 23 Apr 2006, 19:16

Well they were in my opinion. Not that I care much about them or the gargs, I'll be smashing their ugly faces with my beautiful prostitutes. :-D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Apr 2006, 19:20

Infiltrator wrote:I'll be smashing their ugly faces with my beautiful cheap prostitutes. :-D

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 23 Apr 2006, 19:25

They aren't cheap at all, they are the elite of the prostitution. And they come at such a low number :ill:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Apr 2006, 19:35

Infiltrator wrote:I'll be smashing their ugly faces with my expensive and few cheap prostitutes. :-D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Apr 2006, 19:37

ThunderTitan wrote:(I blame Blizzard, damn flying jukeboxes)
Yes,I always said toilet graphics had a bad influence on HV.And not just gargoyels.Most of the units and heroes are small and chubby.

crislevin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby crislevin » 23 Apr 2006, 19:38

my point is this;
if u compare the sys req of HoMM V and other game in market now.
Then u are also comparing the player of HoMM V and the Player in market now.
which means, Ubi think the "gamer", those who build up their super computer for games, are the target of HoMM V.
but I think as a game has so much culture in it, the target should be those who luv HoMM for so many years, who grown up, and don't have best computers.
UbI should be very clear about who they are targeting. HoMM V luver who dont have good computer or gamer who have power machine.
I am glad Ubi resurrected this title, but Im afraid this will be a market failure. Totaly wrong target.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”