Weekly Growth

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 21 Apr 2006, 11:41

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: Why exactly is H3 sooooo great?
Every feature it had was great. It just worked better than H4. Then again, Heroes 2 has a lot going for it, too. Anyway, H5 seems to be becoming a winner, so no reason to dig up the old games.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 21 Apr 2006, 12:15

TT: I can't see the pictures. There's a red x. Would like to see them :-D

Linky: If H3 was as great as you say, I might wanna buy it anyway since I've read practically nothing but bad things about H5. Perhaps it would be a good idea to try the demo first before I make up my mind about H5 though ;)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Apr 2006, 12:40

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:TT: I can't see the pictures. There's a red x. Would like to see them :-D

Linky: If H3 was as great as you say, I might wanna buy it anyway since I've read practically nothing but bad things about H5. Perhaps it would be a good idea to try the demo first before I make up my mind about H5 though ;)
Yeah thats a good idea, because its totally pointless to complain about a game if you havent tried it yet.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 21 Apr 2006, 12:46

Orfinn wrote:
Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:TT: I can't see the pictures. There's a red x. Would like to see them :-D

Yeah thats a good idea, because its totally pointless to complain about a game if you havent tried it yet.
Well, luckily I haven't complained yet :)
Would you recommend H5 so far?
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 21 Apr 2006, 13:03

Orfinn wrote:Yeah thats a good idea, because its totally pointless to complain about a game if you havent tried it yet.
Nah, just because you haven't actually played it doesn't mean you don't know anything about it. If what you know doesn't suit you, you can complain about it. For example I've complained about the H5 heroes being back on the sides as untouchables for a looong time before I played any incarnation of the game, because I knew that was how they intended to do it. Doesn't matter if I've actually played it or not for the purpose of complaining about that feature of it.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Apr 2006, 15:03

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:
Orfinn wrote:

Well, luckily I haven't complained yet :)
Would you recommend H5 so far?
Yees I will recommend H5. Even with a few flaws, bugs in the demo a patch or two for the final version can easly do the trick. From what I could suck up from the demo, the game looks and feels superb!! I got the right heroes feelin just-like-that. The music is very well done thanks to Rob King and Paul Romero which have composed the music in previous HOMM games (well Paul werent a part for the H4 music composing though).
All the wrestling and fighting with words over the graphics and the camera functions is for me senseless and tiresome. I got used to the camerea pretty easly, the world feels more alive with camera functions. The graphics? Well I can say so much that it makes the world more alive along with mr.cam here. The graphics really sparks off the wonderful feeling of being in a fantasy world meeting adventures and exploration of enemies, treasure and creatures of all sorts.

For many "hard"core, veterans fans H5 was supposed to be a plain TBS game like its predecessors, not a fancy shmanzy game. But as they can see it turned out to be something completely different me thinks. Im not a vetran, pro or hardcore gamer, just a gamer that finds this serie of might and magic very appealing and cool and not at least ADDICTIVE! Well ok I may classify myself as an hardcore but anyway I really dont now how much time I have spent in front of my monitor playing, H3 and H4 but Im damn sure I will spend alot more time with H5.

Im looking forward to the final version of H5, its downloads and expansion(s). It will be a great game loved by many hatet by some, some veterans, newcomers and loyalists may turn they backs against it. But as long as there are some people that will love it Im sure the game lasts forever just like its prequels.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Apr 2006, 16:41

Ethric wrote:
Orfinn wrote:Yeah thats a good idea, because its totally pointless to complain about a game if you havent tried it yet.
Nah, just because you haven't actually played it doesn't mean you don't know anything about it. If what you know doesn't suit you, you can complain about it. For example I've complained about the H5 heroes being back on the sides as untouchables for a looong time before I played any incarnation of the game, because I knew that was how they intended to do it. Doesn't matter if I've actually played it or not for the purpose of complaining about that feature of it.
What he said.Plus the chaining.I find it very stupid for you being able to run a creature from one corner of the map to the nex in a single day.Even the slow creature like hydra can become such a speedster with a few transport heroes.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Apr 2006, 17:48

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Ethric wrote:
What he said.Plus the chaining.I find it very stupid for you being able to run a creature from one corner of the map to the nex in a single day.Even the slow creature like hydra can become such a speedster with a few transport heroes.
That depends on the map size too. And even for me with expert logistics it took a couple of turns to reach the other corner, also obstacles like mountains, trees prevent you from reaching the corner in 1 turn.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 21 Apr 2006, 17:52

No it doesn't, you just need more transportheroes strategically placed.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Apr 2006, 18:11

Ethric wrote:No it doesn't, you just need more transportheroes strategically placed.
Well I suppose that is possible. ;|

Crayno
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crayno » 21 Apr 2006, 18:16

I think it's anice touch :tsup:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”