843 YSD: Falcon's Last Flight Scenario Question

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

843 YSD: Falcon's Last Flight Scenario Question

Unread postby Sir Alock » 17 Apr 2006, 23:02

Hi All: Just finished up both scenarios in the campaign with the demo. Anyway...There's one stand-alone scenario called 843 YSD: Falcon's Last Flight. I think you can only play as Inferno & for some reason I can't build a Tavern. So...No additional Heroes to make to scoop up some extra troops.

Here's what it says:

"Upgrade Level Limit for this Building in this Town has been Reached"

What gives? Is the scenario designed so you can only have one hero? Or do you think it may be a bug? Anybody playing this scenario? Any insight would be appreciated!

Alex

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 17 Apr 2006, 23:04

It's designed that way. The tavern is disabled, and with it anything that depends on it (=kennels). So, you'll have to make do with only one hero...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Apr 2006, 23:05

No tavern 4 that map. Doubly annoying because it means you can't build the Cerberus building.

GC, you're just doing that to annoy me, aren't you!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 18 Apr 2006, 01:54

Thanks guys....I just won the scenario a few minutes ago. Looks like I'll have to wait until next month for the real deal. HoMMV is almost here! I'm glad Nival/Ubisoft let us wet a beak a little with a demo. I'm already in love with HoMMV!

Thanks Again for the Replies.

Alex

Arpanet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arpanet » 18 Apr 2006, 19:30

I think Haven only gets one hero as well. When you capture their town, they don't have a tavern and it can't be built. I think the scenario is designed to basically be a 1-on-1 hero vs. hero match.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 Apr 2006, 19:34

Arpanet wrote:I think Haven only gets one hero as well. When you capture their town, they don't have a tavern and it can't be built. I think the scenario is designed to basically be a 1-on-1 hero vs. hero match.
Exactly, but will that be the case for this map in the full version?

Arpanet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arpanet » 18 Apr 2006, 19:59

Orfinn wrote:
Arpanet wrote:I think Haven only gets one hero as well. When you capture their town, they don't have a tavern and it can't be built. I think the scenario is designed to basically be a 1-on-1 hero vs. hero match.
Exactly, but will that be the case for this map in the full version?
Why wouldn't it be? In the map intro, it says that "so-and-so has sent his trusted general to defeat this other dude." It's part of the map's story. One hero against another. I think it's a cool idea.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 Apr 2006, 21:28

Yeeeah...I guess its not bad at all :)

Salisa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Salisa » 19 Apr 2006, 00:35

Orfinn wrote:Yeeeah...I guess its not bad at all :)
From what I see this map is only good for single players... If two live's played it would be next to impossible for the inferno to ever win because of the lack of resources.. and building limitations

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby infael » 19 Apr 2006, 13:35

I've played H4 maps that had the tavern disabled. Makes the map much harder cuz you can't leave a hero to guard your castle.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Apr 2006, 13:45

But inferno need the tavern to build the Cerberi building. Haven doesn't need it for anything.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 19 Apr 2006, 13:47

infael wrote:I've played H4 maps that had the tavern disabled. Makes the map much harder cuz you can't leave a hero to guard your castle.
You had to guard your castle in H4? :)

It does present an interesting challenge to beat a force holed up in a castle without your no-retaliation unit. Being behind on Cerberi (and with no secondary hero to cart them from the external dwellings) means that the map is a bit more of a challenge than simple resource gathering + crush. But it's definitely not a "level playing field" map and is obviously intended for single player.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 19 Apr 2006, 13:47

Does it makes sense WHY the hell hound dwelling need the tavern to be built? Easy, they who visit the tavern give away their dogs which again turns into these red, bloody dangrous beasts :devious:

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 19 Apr 2006, 13:49

Orfinn wrote:Does it makes sense WHY the hell hound dwelling need the tavern to be built? Easy, they who visit the tavern give away their dogs which again turns into these red, bloody dangrous beasts :devious:
No, it's that you'd have to be stone drunk to want to work with those SoB's. :) (sorry, I couldn't resist the pun)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Llefser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Llefser » 19 Apr 2006, 18:01

Playing this map several times has made me respect the Knight's unique Counterstrike ability, which I did not think much of in the open beta. Usually, in the final battle the AI has had 500-700 conscripts and between 200-300 marksmen. But one time it had managed to train up all of its conscipts, so I had to face around 900 marksmen!

It's interesting that this hasn't happened every time. Either the AI lacked the resources to train the other times I played it, or something else is going on. It is not keyed to difficulty level, as the AI has trained in normal and not trained at higher levels.

Oh, and the reason you need the Tavern to hire hellhounds is because they are attracted to the table scraps that the tavern keeper leaves for them. Ever see Lady and the Tramp? It's just like that, only with cerebri.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 19 Apr 2006, 18:14

Llefser wrote:Playing this map several times has made me respect the Knight's unique Counterstrike ability, which I did not think much of in the open beta. Usually, in the final battle the AI has had 500-700 conscripts and between 200-300 marksmen. But one time it had managed to train up all of its conscipts, so I had to face around 900 marksmen!
That have happened to me too. I met something like 1K+ marksmen and around 250 conscripts, he sure havent been on the lazy side when it comes to training, lol :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”