LE vs Regular...Which to buy????

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which version are you going to buy?

Poll ended at 14 Jun 2006, 19:45

Limitied Edtion
37%
Regular Editon
27%
Don't know
No votes
Waiting for the first reviews
13%
Waiting for the first reviews
13%
Don't care...whichever is available
10%

Total votes: 30

JessieLC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

LE vs Regular...Which to buy????

Unread postby JessieLC » 15 Apr 2006, 19:45

WE have been playing HOMM since version I and have throughly enjoyed the differences and tech upgrades with each new version. And we played the HOMMV Demo last night from around 6PM till we finally went to bed some time after Midnight. Yes the Demo does have bugs, some of them being very obnoxious and recurring but...........having waited for 3 years for a new version! That being said, I'm still in a quandry as to which version I really want. The LE (Limited Edition) is appealing as it has maps, its on DVD-which usually plays faster then CD, has the updated versions of HOMM3 and HOMM4. But I also have questions to which I have not found answers anywhere yet! Will the versions of HOMM3 and HOMM4 be Complete or just the original game? Will it have a Map Editor such as the ones found in the other versions of HOMM which really do extend the playability of the game. Plus they also give mod creators a chance to work legitamitely with the game pieces and have been the source of many a great upgrade in the past! I am exstatic that Ubisoft has dropped Starforce due to all the controversy and problems this copy protection software has created. Plus, does any copy protection really work? For years, decades software engineers and others have tried to produce some kind of copy protection that will keep programs legit. I have yet to see one that a) works as it says it will and b) doesnot cause harm to others programs or computers. I am leaning toward the DVD version, not for the obvious reasons......it means 1 disc to keep track of, faster speeds in playing from disc, the large map of Ashan is a good visual of the whole game, the foldable list of factions-which creatures go with which and so on.....what I am unimpressed about is the additions of the 2 old versions....unless they are complete with all expansions included and patches etc. Sorry this is so long just had a lot to say! :)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: LE vs Regular...Which to buy????

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 16 Apr 2006, 00:44

JessieLC wrote:Will the versions of HOMM3 and HOMM4 be Complete or just the original game?
I'm afraid that it will only be the standard versions...
Will it have a Map Editor such as the ones found in the other versions of HOMM which really do extend the playability of the game.
As far as I know, yes.
Plus, does any copy protection really work? For years, decades software engineers and others have tried to produce some kind of copy protection that will keep programs legit. I have yet to see one that a) works as it says it will and b) doesnot cause harm to others programs or computers.
StarForce seems to manage a). Whether it manages b) as well is rather unclear.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

MT Silver
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MT Silver » 16 Apr 2006, 08:53

But luckily, Heroes 5 will not be using Starforce :D

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 16 Apr 2006, 15:31

Well for the first time in my life, I preordered a game. I just ordered the Limited Edition of Heroes of Might & Magic V from the UbiSoft Store. Scheduled to ship sometime in May. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

MetalVince
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

New Heroes

Unread postby MetalVince » 16 Apr 2006, 19:02

I just preordered the LE this morning. Last night, I bought a new computer specifically because my previous one would not run this game. Sad as that is, I love me some Heroes of Might and Magic. As soon as I find preorder available for the Mac, I'll be getting that too. My gf uses the Apple computers(I love her anyways) and digs the HoMM series as much as I do.

JessieLC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JessieLC » 18 Apr 2006, 02:49

According to the Preview on Gamespot, the "full editions" of HOMM3 and 4 will be on the DVD, My questions is What constitutes the Full Editon??????Still undecided but leaning more to the LE! And Gamespy has the Regular edition comiing out 5/23/06 and the LE 5/30/06.........Anyone have the inside scoop?

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 18 Apr 2006, 06:25

I'm still pissed with 3DO. I ordered the Heroes III limited edition and paid for fed ex so I would get the game ASAP. What happened? They say they 'ran out' of the limited edition product and had to delay my shipment until they got more. As a result, my game came two weeks later than if I had gone to EB, and I had to pay fed ex shipping as well. Grrrr.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 18 Apr 2006, 06:44

Caradoc wrote:I'm still pissed with 3DO. I ordered the Heroes III limited edition and paid for fed ex so I would get the game ASAP. What happened? They say they 'ran out' of the limited edition product and had to delay my shipment until they got more. As a result, my game came two weeks later than if I had gone to EB, and I had to pay fed ex shipping as well. Grrrr.
I remember the same kind of fiasco with the preordering of Heroes IV too. With the LE from the UbiSoft store, the shipping (Fed Ex) charges are removed until April 21st.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 18 Apr 2006, 07:39

JessieLC wrote:According to the Preview on Gamespot, the "full editions" of HOMM3 and 4 will be on the DVD, My questions is What constitutes the Full Editon?
It's probably just marketspeech for the regular edition.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 Apr 2006, 07:51

Voted Limited Edition

If possible I will but LE of course, but I think it will the regular one anyway, I'll see ;|

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby infael » 19 Apr 2006, 13:38

I'm getting the Collector's edition from Europe. It'll be my early bday gift to me. :)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 19 Apr 2006, 13:44

Ah yes, CE for me too, Limited is in fact only for the states in the west. Limited, Deluxe, Collectors, Regular....yeah may get confused sometimes, second i thought LE, CE and DE came some months after or when expansion packs got realesed seems HV is an exception a great one :-D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Apr 2006, 16:31

Wheres the neither option?Im still voting that one.

Gljivko a.k.a Vortex
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gljivko a.k.a Vortex » 19 Apr 2006, 18:08

My vote goes for Regular Edition, since I already own Heroes 2, 3 and 4 with all their expansions :hoo:

Salisa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Salisa » 19 Apr 2006, 20:00

Well besides all the other stuff mentioned I found a button that makes a hero have some kind of special trail, when I tried to turn it on it says reserved for Limited edtion

boy I sure need to go back to school for english I ###### :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Apr 2006, 20:14

Salisa wrote:I found a button that makes a hero have some kind of special trail, when I tried to turn it on it says reserved for Limited edtion
Isn't that buton grayed out? In my exp grayed butons can't do nothing, so i didn't bother, but I did figure it was for the special edition.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”