How many people play HoMM 6 online?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
blueismagick

How many people play HoMM 6 online?

Unread postby blueismagick » 31 Mar 2012, 22:32

Hello!

I recently tried out HoMM 6 and I have to say, so far I'm liking it, though I can only play Single Player (demo), but what really interests me is the Multiplayer, and it may bring me closer to the answer I seek.

My question is, about how many people play HoMM 6 Multiplayer on a daily basis? Sure, I could check Steam Stats, but the numbers there include those playing SP as well.

In HoMM 5, there was this MP lobby where you could create/join games, etc. I checked them a couple times - original and TotE separately - and found that there are maybe 40-50 players on at most.

Since HoMM 6 is the latest game, it's natural to assume more people are playing it, but how many? Could any of you provide me with a rough estimate, or even a screenshot so I could check how the MP lobby looks?

Cheers!

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 02 Apr 2012, 13:06

If you click the Multiplayer tab, you can choose to see all multiplayer games with open slots and try to join one. No idea how many there are, with no simultaneous turns even a game with three players can take a while.

blueismagick

Unread postby blueismagick » 02 Apr 2012, 19:41

Ell1e wrote:If you click the Multiplayer tab, you can choose to see all multiplayer games with open slots and try to join one. No idea how many there are, with no simultaneous turns even a game with three players can take a while.
I can't click the Multiplayer tab, because the Demo doesn't support Multiplayer. :(

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 02 Apr 2012, 20:09

Well at least you know there's a lobby then.^^ There's chats too, but I've found them kind of buggy - most of the time when I try to open a chat with a friend we end up restarting the game several times befor we can actually read what the other types.

Right now there were six games visible in the lobby, might be more on the weekend or at different times. Maybe someone else knows more about it.

blueismagick

Unread postby blueismagick » 02 Apr 2012, 22:44

Hmm. Only six? Are there any filters available, such as filtering games by continents and other specific criteria?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 03 Apr 2012, 12:06

I don't think so. Personally I rarely play multiplayer games since you pretty much need to grab a book during other peoples' turns and it takes forever to get even one week done.

Zareth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zareth » 04 Apr 2012, 06:50

I only got the game yesterday and haven't really tried online play yet. I'd like to try though...but HOMM6 for me is a filler until Diablo 3 comes out ^^;;

blueismagick

Unread postby blueismagick » 05 Apr 2012, 20:27

Zareth wrote:I only got the game yesterday and haven't really tried online play yet. I'd like to try though...but HOMM6 for me is a filler until Diablo 3 comes out ^^;;
You could give it to me once it does. :D

blueismagick

Unread postby blueismagick » 05 Apr 2012, 20:28

Ell1e wrote:I don't think so. Personally I rarely play multiplayer games since you pretty much need to grab a book during other peoples' turns and it takes forever to get even one week done.
Thanks for the info anyway. :)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”