Inferno Tears/Blood path quest bugged

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Inferno Tears/Blood path quest bugged

Unread postby Naki » 06 Mar 2012, 20:54

I did not get the quest completed in Inferno mission 1, saw a forum thread that said doing it may cause issues, so leave it for mission 2, it is there anyway too.
I am talking about the quest "Choose Blood or Tears path, get +2 Destiny (Luck)". My hero Kiril is the default Might hero, Tears path.

But, with the latest patch of Heroes VI, I got this strange behavior:
In Inferno mission 2, I did not get the quest in the beginning for some reason. I only got it late in the mission (after month 5), when I reached 1000 Tears points, and reached Tears 2. There is no way to gain any Tears points after 1000 points. Also, the quest appeared as NON-completed. I did not find a way to complete the quest, thus I lose the +2 Luck bonus. Am I missing something here?? Will I get this quest again in Inferno mission 3?

NOTE: I played mission Inferno 1 a long time ago, and was probably with a different patch/version number then.

Thanks for any comments/advise.
May the Implosion be with you!

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 07 Mar 2012, 12:05

That's weird, I played it with the latest patch as well and never had any problems with this quest.

My guess would be that you either won't get the quest next mission since you already chose your path, or you might get a prompt that you finished the quest when you start it.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 07 Mar 2012, 14:04

Ell1e wrote:That's weird, I played it with the latest patch as well and never had any problems with this quest.

My guess would be that you either won't get the quest next mission since you already chose your path, or you might get a prompt that you finished the quest when you start it.
Did you finish/complete the quest in mission 1 or 2?
If you did not complete it in mission 1, did you get it at the START (day 1) of mission 2? I didn't.

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 07 Mar 2012, 14:09

I had the same issue here.

Completed the first step in mission 1 and thus get +2 luck (destiny) bonus. When reaching 1000 tears points in mission 2, if opting for "evolving" toward this path then the quest would pop up again and stay incomplete.

Nonetheless, I could complete the mission.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 07 Mar 2012, 14:13

Kelben wrote:I had the same issue here.

Completed the first step in mission 1 and thus get +2 luck (destiny) bonus. When reaching 1000 tears points in mission 2, if opting for "evolving" toward this path then the quest would pop up again and stay incomplete.

Nonetheless, I could complete the mission.
* Yeah, but I did NOT complete it in mission 1, so I did NOT complete the quest and did not get the bonus it gives. What now, do I replay mission 1 and 2 now!?
* Yes, mission 2 completed just fine for me too, although the quest was not complete.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 08 Mar 2012, 16:01

I went Tears 1 in mission 2, then got Tears 2 in mission 3. At the beginning of mission 2, the quest popped up just like it does in the other campaigns.

I guess the only way to get that quest and the +2 Luck is to replay both missions, but you could just skip it as well.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 08 Mar 2012, 18:36

Ell1e wrote:I went Tears 1 in mission 2, then got Tears 2 in mission 3. At the beginning of mission 2, the quest popped up just like it does in the other campaigns.

I guess the only way to get that quest and the +2 Luck is to replay both missions, but you could just skip it as well.
Did you get the 2 bonus in mission 1? If you went Tears 1, you probably got it. I got enough Tears points to get Tears 1, but I did not go Tears 1, because I read in some forum I shouldn't.
(Similar to the Stronghold campaign bug, which was then fixed in the next patch. The bug involved not being to continue early in mission 2 (no way to close one of the mission screens), if you chose Blood or Tears in mission 1, and the suggestion was to NOT pick Blood or Tears until after that screen.)
Last edited by Naki on 08 Mar 2012, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 08 Mar 2012, 18:37

Ell1e wrote:I went Tears 1 in mission 2, then got Tears 2 in mission 3. At the beginning of mission 2, the quest popped up just like it does in the other campaigns.

I am a bit confused. Can you complete the quest 2 times (once for Tears 1 and once for Tears 2) and get +4 Luck/Destiny?? (2 times 2 luck)

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 09 Mar 2012, 10:01

No, you only get the bonus for Blood/Tears 1.

Anyway, my Kiril had over 40 Luck in the end, so I don't think the +2 Luck is really that important. I think you said you were playing offline before, so you won't get the weapon bonus, but you should still have more Luck than you need.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”