Expansion #1 wish list

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 31 Jul 2012, 20:18

Pol wrote:Balance and graphical changes are insufficient. Make the game live. Also AI must be balanced.
Make the game LIVE and BREaTHe with BUGS!!!
Hmm, then again we already have that!! :D :D And each patch makes it even better (worse?) in that respect. :-D
May the Implosion be with you!

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 01 Aug 2012, 00:16

* Group formation without having to learn tactics.
* Reserve troops that don't participate in combat.
* Marketplace for every faction.

monozelle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Additional factions and um... the DRAGONS!

Unread postby monozelle » 17 Aug 2012, 15:43

I've always thought of the HoMM universe being incomplete without the Academy, Rampart (Elves/Sylvan), Dungeon and Fortress factions.

Academy = Race of genies as well as djinn type heroes like Solmyr (my favourite because of the Chain Lightning spell!!).

Elves = Skill in taming creatures such as the Unicorn and drawing strength from nature.

Dungeon & Fortress = Creatures were of a reptillian species and also derived from mythology like the Minotaur, Medusa.

All of these factions contributed toward the diversity of the M&M universe which seems to be lacking in VI. I wish Ubisoft had been more mindful of the CULTURES that were attached to the different races/factions. I believe this is a key aspect of the game that makes it enjoyable.

While I am thrilled to have new factions such as the Sanctuary with water-aligned creatures, I did not appreciate the marrying of creature types like centaurs together with barbarians to form Centaur Marauders. Centaurs are formidable yet graceful creatures, and to have them looking like steroid-pumped lady zebras was a terrible eye-sore.

Bring back the dragons too! They were and remain at the core of the M&M universe. There were the Black, Red, Green, Golden, Bone, Ghost, Azure, Crystal and Rust dragons. And the Faerie dragon in HoMM IV was kinda cool.

I much prefer the older system of learning spells at guilds. It was clearer and less confusing. Plus, it also meant having an interesting 5-tier building in your town screen :)

And that's my wishlist for a full expansion!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Oct 2012, 14:54

Shorter shutdown time might be nice. :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 11 Oct 2012, 09:40

Kalah wrote:Shorter shutdown time might be nice. :D
Wow! I thought my shutdown times - about 20-30+ seconds - were ridiculous, but yours beats that. :D However, after moving to a SSD + new videocard, my shutdown times are now much better for some reason - under 5 seconds.
What are your computer specs? Maybe it is too slow, or if not, something peculiar in the config Heroes does not like.

EDIT: Hmm, it is back to 20-30+ now. Not sure why I got under 5 seconds several times. It seems something else is the reason/affecting this and not my SSD or videocard. By the way, they broke this back in patch 1.2.1 - patches 1.2 and older shut down in under 5 seconds.
Last edited by Naki on 11 Oct 2012, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 11 Oct 2012, 11:30

Ctrl+Alt+Del seems the best solution for this one.

Edit:
lol, even Windows is shutting down faster. :D

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 11 Oct 2012, 11:50

parcaleste wrote:1) Ctrl+Alt+Del seems the best solution for this one.

Edit:
2) lol, even Windows is shutting down faster. :D
1) I prefer Ctrl+Shift+Escape.
And, I keep Task Manager running at all times (on my 2nd monitor, or minimized) anyway, especially when playing Heroes VI. :D So that I can kill that frozen process (NVidia GeForce townscreen freeze bug).

2) Not always. Sometimes Windows 7 needs to install updates on shutdown and that takes time.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 20 Oct 2012, 01:08

Even on SSD it's taking half a minute!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 20 Oct 2012, 10:26

darknessfood wrote:
Even on SSD it's taking half a minute!
Yeah, me too! It took under 5 seconds just the 1-2 times, then it returned to normal :D :D - 20-30+ seconds. So, that means the problem is not with the HDD/SSD speed, but elsewhere.
This was broken in patch 1.2.1 - in 1.2 and older it closed really fast.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 20 Oct 2012, 11:38

Yeah that's right. Before, I ran the game from a regular HDD.
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

van
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

more tears and blood levels

Unread postby van » 20 Dec 2012, 17:30

3 its litlle short,more levels for each one plz

Return to “Heroes V-VI”