Heroes VI creatures proposal

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 14:06

Well,we dont seem to have mobile guards anymore,since I was able to stroll past the guards and take whatever I wanted without them lifting a finger :disagree:

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 30 Apr 2006, 14:23

DaemienLucifer wrote:Thats why we lost dweling acumulation,windmill flaging,simultaneous retal,large BF,FoW,separate movement and mobile guards.Is there anyone in their right mind that can say it is better not being able to flag all of the resource structures but instead collecting each of them every week?

And those that say weekly growth is better simply dont know how to play without the first day exploitment.

Also,those that hate FoW simply cannot adjust that your enemy can move without you seing him even if you have no scouts.

And those that say chaning is better are simply too much fond of transfering armies across the whole map in just one day.

And those that hate sim retal simply cannot get used to having some battles in which you must loose some troops,no matter how hard you try.

And those that hate mobile guards simply love to snatch undefended treasure and waltz around the map without worry.
very good points, too me it seems like no one at nival was a serious HoMM fan (at least none of them properly played h4) and they heared all this hype of what a total failure h4was and went "OMG let's not even consider the idea in h4, in fact let's not even look at them, oh h3 was a success..." so they went back and copied eveything from h3

i can't even imagine how anyone that has played h4 would ignore flaggable "windmills" and creature acumulation. those were the thing i hated most about h3, having to visit them each week.

to me h5 was developed not from a purest's prespective but an finacial one and that's dissapointing
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure...
:oex: winner of the the worst riddle ever :tonguehands:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Apr 2006, 14:30

BenchBreaker wrote: very good points, too me it seems like no one at nival was a serious HoMM fan (at least none of them properly played h4) and they heared all this hype of what a total failure h4was and went "OMG let's not even consider the idea in h4, in fact let's not even look at them, oh h3 was a success..." so they went back and copied eveything from h3

i can't even imagine how anyone that has played h4 would ignore flaggable "windmills" and creature acumulation. those were the thing i hated most about h3, having to visit them each week.

to me h5 was developed not from a purest's prespective but an finacial one and that's dissapointing
Ive been saying that for more than half a year now,but no one seems to listen. :disagree: I can only hope HVI will be better.Maybe I need more zeal.Hmmm...Weres hodgepodge now to teach me a trick or two about that :devil:

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 30 Apr 2006, 14:38

i've been thinking that a long time too, just didn't express my thought on the forum, remeber my first post? it started with the words "well i have practiaclly given up on h5"

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 01 May 2006, 09:24

DaemianLucifer wrote:mobile guards are different from wandering guards, mobile guards stay in one place unless you finish a turn within their radius, then before your next turn starts they will attack you(if they win, they'll go back and defend whatever they were defending before until next person comes)
Actually, that's just due to a larger threat area, which hasn't much to do with whether they wander or not. I've not seen any creatures act in the way you describe.

Wandering stacks can be used to good effect. Just not to guard map locations.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 May 2006, 09:58

Gaidal Cain wrote:Actually, that's just due to a larger threat area, which hasn't much to do with whether they wander or not. I've not seen any creatures act in the way you describe.
Then try turning the mobile guards on.It really changes the way you wander the map.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 01 May 2006, 10:14

I played with it on for a while when I first got the game, but I found it more of an annoyance than anything...

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 01 May 2006, 17:53

i am sure the mobile guard option before a game starts allows creatures to intercept amies even if they didn't target the creature and are not very close to them, as long someone enter their radius, they still guard their things. (hence the name mobile guard). the stationary guard is more like h3 but still better at defending things around them. this option is global

wandering guards is an option you can set for specific stacks in the editor (in their properties) the effecct is to make the stack wander and attack within an set radius.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 01 May 2006, 20:35

BenchBreaker wrote:i am sure the mobile guard option before a game starts allows creatures to intercept amies even if they didn't target the creature and are not very close to them, as long someone enter their radius, they still guard their things. (hence the name mobile guard). the stationary guard is more like h3 but still better at defending things around them. this option is global

wandering guards is an option you can set for specific stacks in the editor (in their properties) the effecct is to make the stack wander and attack within an set radius.
Same thing, different name. Mobile guards just have a short radius, and can be specified to not apply. The mobile guards were certianly not seeking me out when I got inside their radius, even when they'd crushed me.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 May 2006, 23:10

Gaidal Cain wrote: Same thing, different name. Mobile guards just have a short radius, and can be specified to not apply. The mobile guards were certianly not seeking me out when I got inside their radius, even when they'd crushed me.
Well you can set their threat radius along with their wandering radius in the editor.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 02 May 2006, 07:57

BenchBreaker wrote: to me h5 was developed not from a purest's prespective but an finacial one and that's dissapointing
I've been saying that since I saw first screenshots, but no one trusted me.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 02 May 2006, 09:34

DaemianLucifer wrote: Ive been saying that for more than half a year now,but no one seems to listen. :disagree: I can only hope HVI will be better.Maybe I need more zeal.Hmmm...Weres hodgepodge now to teach me a trick or two about that :devil:
There is no great philosophy in it. Heroes V was meant to be very similiar to H3, the "best game" in the series. The developers just wanted to make their work easier, so they used a lot of things from H3 and threw in nice 3D graphics (altough I don't say, they didn't do a good job, because they did). The rule is simple --> H3 better (good) than H4 (bad) --> throw out stuff from H4, leave only stuff from H3. I don't think it's a bad strategy. Firstly they will try to earn the fans trust and give them what they mostly wanted (a better H3 game?), or just a good game. Then, when the right time comes (HVI?) they will implement some innovations. We will see...

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 02 May 2006, 10:58

Ofcourse they will, they just want a safe start, and using H3 as a safe haven is a good start. Even though some elements from H4 got scrapped.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 May 2006, 13:28

Oh please!A safe start is one thing,but a complete disregard of HIV completely another thing.At least they couldve left windmil flaging.How can that be a bad feature?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 May 2006, 13:32

They probably don't even know what H4 changed. I doubt they even played it once. I bet anything that resembles changes from H4 is completly coincidental.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 May 2006, 14:39

ThunderTitan wrote:They probably don't even know what H4 changed. I doubt they even played it once. I bet anything that resembles changes from H4 is completly coincidental.
Unfortunately,that is the most likely scenarion :disagree:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 May 2006, 14:48

And the ICTC beats us all. The MGW is about to have some company:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... 5781068834

In Winning order:
Solari:

http://forum.nival.com/rus/attachment.p ... 1145968098

Creatures: [original spelling]

Lvl1: [dwelling: Ministry of Plenty]
Halfling->Halfling Shiriff

Lvl2:
Minotaur Rebel->Minotaur Insurgent

Lvl3: [dwelling: Ministry of Love]
Contrite Succubus->Repentant Succubus

Lvl4: [dwelling: Ministry of Peace]
Vampire Elder->Demivampire

Lvl5:
Dragon Knight->Dragon Marshal

Lvl6: [dwelling: Ministry of Truth]
Blind Prophet->Blind Oracle

Lvl7:
Archom->Luminary
Glacier:

http://forum.nival.com/rus/attachment.p ... 1145976584

Lvl1:
Frost Spirit->Ice Spirit

Lvl2:
Battle Dwarf->Dwarf Veteran

Lvl3:
Dwarf Trailblazer->Dwarf Trapper

Lvl4:
Runetracer->Runnist

Lvl5:
Elder Giant->Giant Gatekeeper

Lvl6:
Chimera->Chimera Queen

Lvl7:
Ice Avatar->Crystal Avatar
Elistion:

http://forum.nival.com/rus/attachment.p ... 1141212062]

Creatures:
lvl1/upgraded:
Freeman/Free Guard

lvl2:
Thief/Shadow

lvl3:
Snow-White Eagle/Ice Eagle

lvl4:
Free Elven/Elven Hero

lvl5:
Magician/Master of Power

lvl6:
Orc/Orc's Hero

lvl7:
Dragon Raider/Legendary Hero

And keep in mind that the creature names where in English to begin with.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 May 2006, 14:54

Yuck! :disagree:

Only the glacier looks like something,and it is also bad.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 02 May 2006, 15:31

Heh! Well those were.... 8| I dont have words :disagree:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 May 2006, 15:43

I can only hope the contest was only meant to give them ideeas on creature names, and they selected the winners based on names they wouldn't use, so nobody can complain afterwards the they used the name from the winning entry without giving credit.

I wonder if the Halfling Sheriff (or Shiriff as it's called there) has a badge. Or those studed shoes.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”