TotalBiscuit looks at Homm VI

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
doma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

TotalBiscuit looks at Homm VI

Unread postby doma » 02 Jul 2011, 09:47

Blocks100
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blocks100 » 02 Jul 2011, 11:40

Ugh...40 minutes. Is there not an edited version?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jul 2011, 12:45

You can always let it load fully and then skip parts manually...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Jul 2011, 13:07

But maybe there should be a short version with the highlights ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jul 2011, 13:10

Sure, but asking here ain't gonna do much...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Blocks100
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blocks100 » 02 Jul 2011, 13:51

Ok, I did get round to watching the whole thing; thanks doma for posting the link - there's still a dearth of quality information regarding the beta so this will have to do for now.

Even though I'm from the UK, I don't really like TotalBiscuits delivery style. And his review of the beta often felt rushed and unprepared. Whilst it's perfectly acceptable to use the abbreviation HOMM in the written word, pronouncing it continually on a vid review is daft. Just call it 'Heroes' for goodness sake.

Still confused about the Conflux - this wasn't explained at all well. But it was good he left the game with positive feelings, despite the well publicised poor design decisions (town screen etc).

TB said the gamemap wasn't rotatable? I know they've taken away mouse/arrow key rotate in this beta, but I thought rotation was still achievable through other means?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jul 2011, 14:19

Blocks100 wrote: Still confused about the Conflux - this wasn't explained at all well.
Well the public beta won't even allow you to enter the game without a internet connection (so it can log on to your account which is tied to the beta), and that's before you even connect to the Conflux, which only happens at the title screen.

So we have no way of knowing how it will work in the retail game.

Blocks100 wrote:TB said the gamemap wasn't rotatable? I know they've taken away mouse/arrow key rotate in this beta, but I thought rotation was still achievable through other means?
That's some sort of bug, sometimes it works sometime it doesn't.

But on the adv map the screen just bounces back to it's original spot once you let go of the rotate buttons (zoom works normally), while on the combat screen it stay wherever you stop it.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”