Some new information (with images) (20.Aug)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Aug 2010, 13:47

Real paladins commonly used one-hand swords. Because they held a shield in the other hand. They were usually mounted, as they had the status of knights. There were exceptions, of course.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2010, 13:57

There where no real paladins... you're thinking of palatines.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Aug 2010, 14:04

No, those were Romans. Skip forward half a millennium, would you - to the paladins.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2010, 14:09

Actually i'm pretty sure in french they where still named like that... and i was sure that they kept the name in english in a scholarly setting... but now i can't find it... and wiki says that they've been called with the d since the 13 century (which is still like 400 years after Charlemagne).

But palatines where still around: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_palatine
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”