General Strategy/Tips

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
astronomeric210
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

General Strategy/Tips

Unread postby astronomeric210 » 01 Oct 2009, 02:12

I started playing H5 again. I had played H1 and H3 as a youngin and looked into this before. I am not really good at strategies, but I like the game. Its mainly because I am in it for fun, not in it for all the time it takes to plan the strategy (lol).

Can anyone give me some real general tips on how to play better? Build orders etc. I find a lot of things difficult.

For example, how many heroes should I generally have? I like to stick with 2. And if I have a lot how do I distribute the troops? Stack one hero? thanks!

And tips especially for magic and factions like academy and stronghold would be nice :)

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 01 Oct 2009, 16:05

here's a tip, strongehold is not a magic faction, not at all in fact

the amount of heroes depend on the map size, I normally go with 2, but most of the time I end up getting another few from moving troops from A to B

in h5 there aren't really build orders cuz you can't fastbuild to a capitol/high level dwelling cuz you need townpoints to build higher structures
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

astronomeric210
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby astronomeric210 » 01 Oct 2009, 19:02

What about magic in general? i find it confusing... And difficult for it to be useful. (All of those resources into the mage guild)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Oct 2009, 19:14

Generally, each alignment has it's own magic type you should build up and combine with other skills in order to gain certain bonus skills. Have a look at the skill tree so that you can plot your way towards a specific goal.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

astronomeric210
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby astronomeric210 » 03 Oct 2009, 15:21

I find some of the racial traits really hard to use, especially Sylvan.

What are some good strategies with the necromancers, humans, or demons? I think i like those 3 the most. I really havent dappled with the stronghold or fortress yet....

Any tips????

Return to “Heroes V-VI”