mixed neutral monsters

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
marlboroo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

mixed neutral monsters

Unread postby marlboroo » 26 Jun 2006, 21:19

rite now im making a new mod, this mod make 1 neutral armies (monsters in world map that guard treasure or mines, etc) consist of 2 different creatures, the unupgraded and the upgraded version of different creatures, I already try it with succes, its fun when u see lots of horned demon then in fight theres actually some cerberus fight alongside them. or maybe gremlin with war dancer... even pit fiend with archangel.. so much possibility there. More thinkin and strategy will be required to beat them

but now i cannot decide what unupgraded creatures paired with what upgraded creatures... you think, what is the greatest? i use gremlin as the pair or paired creatures here

-the base (what u see in world map) unupgraded lower tier paired with upgraded upper tier from the same faction ex: gremlin and obsidian gargoyle, harder coz com see the number (lots, horde, etc) of creature by the base creatures (while actually obsidian gargoyle in there)
-base gargoyle with master gremlin, easier
-base gremlin with sprites (same tier, diff faction, same good side, more variety)
-base gremlin with war dancer (higher paired tier, diff faction, same good, mo variety, harder)
-easier version of above (war dancer as base)
-gremlin with assasin (not realistic, good side fight alongside badside, chaotic but with the most variety)
-gremlin with blood fury (wit higher tier, harder)
-easier version of above (blood fury as base)
-or maybe other recommendation?

some info:
-maybe mixed armies from dif faction options eliminates moral of town based creatures (no more same town higher moral of creatures in your army) but im not sure
-to make the mixed neutrals army show as much as possible, your army has to be fewer or weaker than the neutrals (the system is if u have stronger or more army then the neutrals will come in one stack of base creatures) i still dont know how to edit this, so choose higher difficulty to see more results (because neutrals will have more armies), u can also make more neutrals monster growth in rpgstat.xdb
-i cannot make a random monster paired with other random monster, so maybe theres not much variety from diff faction as same faction (imp paired wit marksmen will forever imp wit marksmen)

what do u think?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 Jun 2006, 22:01

I think the idea is just great. It's a feature that's sadly missing from Heroes 5. Though I wonder why you have to pair upgrades and basic versions like that? If my suspicion of what you do is correct, have you checked to make sure that it doesn't affect what creatures upgrades to in towns?

If all works OK though, I'd suggest that you only pair the "original" creatures with creatures of a lower tier. It would pretty much suck to attack Rakshasa Ranis to find out that there's as may Titans as Rakshasas...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 27 Jun 2006, 00:38

Hopefully they actually listen to the masses and add this to the game, but on the chance that they don't this would be my suggestion for your mod.

Any random placements of mixed neutrals should be faction specific, meaning only Academy units together, Haven units together, etc.

Also, if you have to use the one unupgraded and one upgraded method, then I would definitely suggest that the upgraded unit be the lower tier unit (i.e. Blood Furies with Dark Raiders, Horned Overseers with Succubus, etc.)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 Jun 2006, 01:22

These look logical to me:

Shadow matriarchs followed by slave minotaurs(minotaurs should be more numerous).

Golems followed by master gremlins,but with golems more numerous.

Paladins followed by squires,with squires more numerous.

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 27 Jun 2006, 07:31

I'd try the mod...
but... I have a question? is the overall strength of the group modified, or just some creatures are converted to others with equivalent strength
I mean you won't have an archangel and 99 demons instead of 100 demons?
Gaidal Cain wrote:If all works OK though, I'd suggest that you only pair the "original" creatures with creatures of a lower tier. It would pretty much suck to attack Rakshasa Ranis to find out that there's as may Titans as Rakshasas...
that's right
also finding some master hunters amongst the war dancers can be devastating regarding your precious army (and succubi amongst pit lords?
:devil: )
@KI
I agree with you, the moral problem mentioned by marlboroo can significantly weaken an army (in camp2map3 I had some sprites in my demon army, and they had -3 morale!)
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

marlboroo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby marlboroo » 02 Jul 2006, 12:23

screenshot is here

viewtopic.php?t=2861

gaidal cain : youre right, this is a problem that i havent found a way to fix :( any suggestion?

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”