EVE-online

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

EVE-online

Unread postby vulnevia » 27 Feb 2008, 21:37

Does anyone here play EVE-online btw? An awsome MMORPG with hundreds of spaceships, thousands of solar systems and lots of nice ppl :D

Link for those interested. I can give you trials if you want (I don't get anything for giving out trials to ppl), or you can find it yourself in various places.

Fly safe!

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 27 Feb 2008, 22:04

I've dabbled since just before christmas. Though I don't necessarily belong in the nice people-crowd :)
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 28 Feb 2008, 20:42

Sweet :-D Are you in a big corp/alliance or are you a lone pirate? I'm in an all-swedish corp, feels better than a mixed corp where ppl speak in strange dialects over Teamspeak. Specially when they're drunk and we're having a PVP-op.

And TRI all the wai!!

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 28 Feb 2008, 21:41

Pirating is dangerous; tried twice and ran away twice :-D

Then I read complaints about missioners having "their" wrecks probed down and salvaged, and it sounded like a lot of fun. So that's what I'm doing now :D

Not much of a permanent career I guess, but good money and I meet interesting people, calling me all sorts of funny things, until I figure out something else.

And still in the NPC-corp, burnt myself on joining some random corp with my first character (which I scrapped). Don't have any teamspeak or similar, not too keen on the idea of having all sorts of geeks and morons whining in my ear :S
- Duke

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 09 Mar 2008, 14:09

Oh, you're one of those horrible people who salvage poor mission runners wrecks :D I've meet one of those, and I got so upset. Nowadays I don't run missions, I mostly rat in 0.0 or get forced to PVP with my corp, it's cool to.
There's lots of ISK in salvagiing so I understand why people does it, and you get no aggression from it either.

Have you been watching the alliance tournament btw? It's the last day today, it starts in an hour or so.Keeping my fingers crossed for TRI B-)

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 09 Mar 2008, 21:03

What I like about EVE is complex sotical/economy thing.. and huge world. What I dont like is that everything else is complex too. In other words its pretty hard to be a newbie there.

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 09 Mar 2008, 22:12

Yeah, it's hard in the beginning, and it's so much easier if you know someone who plays it (someone who can help you). And I like the fact that the eve community consists of older people (avagere age is 28) and it's very unusual to meet 15-16 years olds here. It feels a little bit more mature than for example WoW.

As long as people are nice they can get much help from the chat channels, and to join a corp is also kind of good, so that you corp-members can help you :) In space no one can hear you scream unless you're ini a corp/alliance.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 09 Mar 2008, 22:41

vulnevia wrote:Oh, you're one of those horrible people who salvage poor mission runners wrecks :D
That's only the start, I got lots of fun stuff planned for later ;) I like being a scoundrel in games, and the commentary is often amusing. Like when people propose revenge ganking in local, I say yeah go for it while I sit in my Hurricane (conviniently renamed Probe). There's a lot of drones in it too, people leave behind their drones way more often than I'd imagined, and not just cheap ones. I should find a corp at some point, but would have to be a corp of scoundrels ;)

And yeah, pretty steep learning curve, but that's a good thing. Haven't watched that tournament, not even really sure what it's all about. Fighting I suppose, from the info I've seen :)
- Duke

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 13 Mar 2008, 10:57

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 13 Mar 2008, 15:12

Haha, so true and so funny :D

Ethric