What's the best game you never played as it was never made

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
zhuge
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby zhuge » 14 Jun 2006, 10:01

Would loved to have seen another turn based DnD game featuring 3.5e rules. Sadly I think Temple of Elemental Evil will be the first and last of its kind since Troika is now no more. :( :(

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 14 Jun 2006, 22:57

DaemianLucifer wrote:

This just came in:

Earlier today Ubisoft announced that they are going to release Baldurs Gate III soon™.Theyve bought the game long time ago,and have been secretly working on it until recently.Heres what the new games features are
I do not know what the different corporate alliances or agreements are, but the last I heard Atari had the rights. :devious:
Corribus wrote:But surely someone will pick it up, don't you think? Big, attractive brand name like that..
You would think so, but many great games never saw a sequel. The biggest obstacle to see a great turn based RPG is the AI. Programmer's can't hide it, whether it was lack of funds (which I believe is the usual cause) or just lousy or lazy programming. In real time RPGs, if the AI is too weak then just speed up the clock. B-)
zhuge wrote:Would loved to have seen another turn based DnD game featuring 3.5e rules. Sadly I think Temple of Elemental Evil will be the first and last of its kind since Troika is now no more. :( :(
I look love to see a new D&D game, but not if released by UBI, I still have the bad memories of their POR2. :mad:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

magritte2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby magritte2 » 15 Jun 2006, 00:14

I'd be shocked if there was no Baldur's Gate 3. Bioware is still around, and Wizards of the Coast owned the license, so the fall of Interplay and Black Isle shouldn't really make any difference. I don't know who's publishing Bioware's games these days. They fell out messily with Interplay/Black Isle during the making of Neverwinter Nights. It will be 3D of course--I don't expect to see any more major 2D games any more than I expect to see text-based adventure games. I'd guess they'll use a modification of the Neverwinter Nights 2 engine.

Tessera
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tessera » 15 Jun 2006, 04:40

Kinda like my intense misgivings about Turbine and their Dungeons and Dragons Online release. I still tried it, and am still a touch miffed I dropped money on it, but hey, at least the first (and only) month was free...

Now I place that "hesitation" label on Lord of the Rings Online, another title that Turbine's dragging through the vaporware mud... that one will be lucky to ever see release.

igoraki
Scout
Scout

Unread postby igoraki » 15 Jun 2006, 16:21

Master of Magic II

"The isometric view of battlefields in Magic I will now become the standard world view in MicroProse's Magic II. Many enhancements are in the works. Instead of 5 types of magic there will be 13, and you will be able to design your own spells and monsters. Six planes of existence will replace Magic I's pair of planes, each with its own peculiarities. And while you could win Magic I only by destroying all other player wizards, Magic II will offer at least four ways to win.

The random world generator will still be at the heart of Magic II, but it will also include a variety of scenarios. Expect this game in spring 1998."

i think they also mention hotseat and other multiplayer options
"You cannot make a baby in a month with nine women."

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 15 Jun 2006, 16:39

igoraki wrote:Master of Magic II
I second that, I loved MOM-I right along with MOO-I, but alas the last I heard Stardock and Atari were still negotiating the license, but hope is eternal. ;|

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 15 Jun 2006, 19:35

Might and Magic X
Planescape Torment II
Master of Magic II
Ghengis Khan III (am I old school or what hehe)
and of course Princess Maker XVI :D

Nerissa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nerissa » 01 Jul 2006, 19:26

Gunstar Heroes 2

B-)

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 01 Jul 2006, 20:33

Did anyone ever think this was going to happen...Duke Nukem Forever coming out(?)
Hell has frozen over...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Jul 2006, 20:47

Derek wrote:Did anyone ever think this was going to happen...Duke Nukem Forever coming out(?)
Well there is a reason its called duke nukem forever :devious: Somehow I think well see fallout 3 and even starcraft 2 before it.

SCum
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SCum » 03 Jul 2006, 00:49

I could hardly figure out the best game... but some good games will do.

A decent KotOR 3, without the very painful flaws of the second game.
It was decent, but by no means great..

Homeworld 3 would be something I'd wait eagerly for..

Speaking of which, Total War: Mediaval 2 is one such game, not sure if it fits in here as it is coming out soon enough, october I believe, or somewhere during winter atleast. It's main element is TBS while the battles themselves are RTS. If you're not aware of the Total War series, I would suggest seeking it out. High expectations for the newest addition..
I shiver each time I think of it.
(If that doesn't fit, sorry for going off topic)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 03 Jul 2006, 01:56

SCum wrote:I could hardly figure out the best game... but some good games will do.
True, I could have titled the thread, what unmade sequel did you most want made.

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 07 Jul 2006, 18:22

Age of Wonders 3. :(

P.S. Nobody mentioned Diablo 3?! Have I missed something? Is it being developed or what? :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Jul 2006, 18:35

Vlaad II wrote:P.S. Nobody mentioned Diablo 3?! Have I missed something? Is it being developed or what? :D
Nah,its just that it can get boring after a while and thats why its not considered the most awaited sequel.

joerginger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby joerginger » 12 Jul 2006, 01:22

As several others mentioned before:

Master of Magic 2

berntie
Scout
Scout

Unread postby berntie » 11 Aug 2006, 01:49

Heroes II - The Next Generation

(Like Settlers II - The Next Generation)

Rion
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rion » 17 Aug 2006, 18:25

Quite hard but I think I'llchoose Castle Strike II. Castle strike simply has a HUGE potential. (I had some trouble with the last sentence as I'm not enlish).

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 17 Aug 2006, 19:41

Leisure Suit Larry of Might and Magic

"Heal this Adelaide!"
"Watch out for the Pirates Tawni!"
"Mayweda, I've got First Strike and Cat Reflexes!"
"Vampires like to suck on Fiona!"
"Neela, want to see a Magi Staff?
"Emilia Nighthaven? You have been Hypnotized!"
"Mephala, See that Unicorn?

Okay... some of these are just plain wrong. But I'm in a weird mood today.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Aug 2006, 11:27

:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: Thats rich!

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 18 Aug 2006, 12:55

joerginger wrote:As several others mentioned before:

Master of Magic 2
actually i think Age of Wonders could be considered Master of Magic 2. only that squares go to hexagons.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”