Left 4 Dead 2

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Nov 2009, 20:05

Darknessfood, torchlight can wait... stop being MIA.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 17 Nov 2009, 19:45

I'm getting this December along with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

Borderlands looks fairly interesting as well, so I may have some decisions to make (right now MW2 looks like game of the year for PC, so I definitely take it over L4D2).
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 17 Nov 2009, 21:15

right now MW2 looks like game of the year for PC
:lolu: :lolu: :lolu:

Mediocre SP for 6 hours (not really anything different from MW1), and broken MP with lags, awful pings and cheaters. Game of the year it is.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Nov 2009, 21:31

Standards are really low right now... welcome to the mainstream, games.

Also, the demo is still working for me... interesting.

Oh, and i feel the need to mention how last night we where on the scaffolding on the second map of The Parish when a Charger downed the whole four of us in one go... threw me straight off... that was pretty brilliant.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 17 Nov 2009, 21:48

ThunderTitan wrote: Oh, and i feel the need to mention how last night we where on the scaffolding on the second map of The Parish when a Charger downed the whole four of us in one go... threw me straight off... that was pretty brilliant.
That was awesome. 3 survivors flying down and breaking their bones, while charger finishes 4th with his huge hand. If I didnt know that its coop - i would be sure its some clever move in versus mode.

Thats what I like in l4d. You can play it's maps 500 times, and still come across awesome situations.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 17 Nov 2009, 22:39

So Mist,you have the full game? I checked the first 2 campaigns today. Dark Carnivalis SO FREAKING AWESOME! Seriously, best L4D campaing in general, so far. I Especially like the new panic events, which make you run and fight your way through the end button...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Nov 2009, 08:05

Oh, BTW Mist, it didn't crash yesterday when i played it on normal... maybe we where just unlucky last time we played.

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 18 Nov 2009, 10:11

MistWeaver wrote:
right now MW2 looks like game of the year for PC
:lolu: :lolu: :lolu:

Mediocre SP for 6 hours (not really anything different from MW1), and broken MP with lags, awful pings and cheaters. Game of the year it is.
And definitely looks like a better game than L4D2. But, unlike you, I will withhold judging until I've played both games. I can say though that from what little I've played MW2, there was no lag, no cheaters and it is definitely one of the best mp fps games if not the best.
ThunderTitan wrote:Oh, BTW Mist, it didn't crash yesterday when i played it on normal... maybe we where just unlucky last time we played.
Campaign on normal is a waste of time. L4D should be played on expert.
Thundermaps

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Nov 2009, 10:58

Humakt wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:Oh, BTW Mist, it didn't crash yesterday when i played it on normal... maybe we where just unlucky last time we played.
Campaign on normal is a waste of time. L4D should be played on expert.

Sure, as soon as i stop being paired 99% of the time with noobs that don't even know what friendly fire is i'll do that.

Seriously, 9 out of 10 games on Expert it's your team mates that down you, not the zombies.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 18 Nov 2009, 11:06

But, unlike you, I will withhold judging until I've played both games.
Well.. ok
And definitely looks like a better game than L4D2
um.. didnt you just said... nevermind

Btw, I played mw2 and l4d2demo, and that demo is freaking awesome. I actualy get more fun playing l4d2 demo, that playing full mw2. And something tells me full l4d2 would be even more fun.

Thats good, I hope whatever it is that causing the crash for you, is adressed in full game. BTW what windows version you use ? Ppl that played full game already said it works better on XP than Vista\7

So Mist,you have the full game? I checked the first 2 campaigns today. Dark Carnivalis SO FREAKING AWESOME! Seriously, best L4D campaing in general, so far.
I would have, if I wouldn't decided (for some reason) that I want physical copy this time. Now I have to wait few more days...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Nov 2009, 11:18

Still use XP... never switched to the next windows until i have to... still miss win '98...

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 18 Nov 2009, 13:02

MW2 doesn't even has dedicated servers. What is a shooter without dedicated servers, that is the heart! I lolled yesterday during my first VS match. We wrecked the team, and I got the "Scattering Ram" achievement, because I smashed through all 4 survivors, playing as a Charger. Also the "Quallified Ride" one. You gotta ride a survivor for around 10/12 seconds with the jockey.

EDIT: 2 left allready in picture 2, gotta love rage quiters ;)!

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 18 Nov 2009, 14:25

MistWeaver wrote: Btw, I played mw2 and l4d2demo, and that demo is freaking awesome. I actualy get more fun playing l4d2 demo, that playing full mw2. And something tells me full l4d2 would be even more fun.
Good for you. Just don't try to decide for others what is and is not fun. Personally I didn't even try demo for L4D2 because I'm getting full game eventually anyway.
darknessfood wrote:MW2 doesn't even has dedicated servers. What is a shooter without dedicated servers, that is the heart!
That is indeed a strange decision....
Thundermaps

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 18 Nov 2009, 15:20

Just don't try to decide for others what is and is not fun
How can I possibly do that ? Besides I coundn't care less what game you choose. I'm just telling my opinion.

Still user score and comments on MC, look disturbing =)

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... rnwarfare2

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 18 Nov 2009, 15:41

MistWeaver wrote:
Still user score and comments on MC, look disturbing =)

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... rnwarfare2
They all revolve around lack of dedicated servers. IMO it is pretty harsh to score game 0 just because it doesn't support dedicated servers. Still it was very stupid decision from IW/Activision to drop dedicated servers (because of console tards no doubt), however the few hours I have played it in mp, I really haven't had any lag problems.
Thundermaps

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 18 Nov 2009, 15:57

Humakt wrote: They all revolve around lack of dedicated servers. IMO it is pretty harsh to score game 0 just because it doesn't support dedicated servers.

Agree. They are just adding rage value to that.
Still If your MP was fine so far - it does mean it always will be like this. Its not about just lags, it's about latency too. From l4d experience I can tell that if someone hosts the game locally - half of ppl in it will have bad ping. Not sure why it works ok for XBOX (does it?)
Also - cheaters. When game is hosted on someone's PC - theoretically he can do whatever he wants. No problem for Xbox here, since they can't modify the game.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Nov 2009, 19:16

You assume xbots know any better.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 18 Nov 2009, 23:04

Local hosting is good when ppl live near you. When I host a game and just dutchies join in, they have a good ping, from the USA get's a more tricky one...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Nov 2009, 07:53

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Nov 2009, 20:52

I thought the commercial on TV I just saw was pretty funny:
"You and your friends against ten million zombies. They're gonna need more zombies. Woohooo!"
:hoo:

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”