Where is the Equilibris Team??

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Where is the Equilibris Team??

Unread postby HodgePodge » 21 Nov 2006, 01:33

It's been months since we've heard a word from Dalai, Lost, Crusard and other members of the team. Is there something going on that we, the fans, should know about? Where are you guys?

Why all the secrecy all of a sudden? What's up? We still love Heroes IV with Equilibris and want to know the latest news. Please reply!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 21 Nov 2006, 10:21

I am still here!!!
Tough I am not a member of equi team. Please don't kill me HP.

Perhaps they are finishing the mod or some H3 extremist is killing theme?
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 21 Nov 2006, 11:21

actually they're all locked up and gaged in my basement and I will kill all of them if this thread gets closed :D I will come up with some demands later...:D(just kidding by the way)

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 21 Nov 2006, 14:27

2 HodgePodge
Has it been months? 8|
Unbelievable!

No news, nothing to update. :(

One fan sent me couple heroes portraits recently, may be we will share the whole pack with community. That's basically it. ;|

2 okrane
Mercy! This thread doesn't get closed, you see... :D
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 21 Nov 2006, 14:30

Thanks Dalai, we appreciate hearing from you … and still looking forward to Equilibris 3.6. :)

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 22 Nov 2006, 10:25

Never belive that i say it but:
I with Dalai, and all team, take how much time you want!!! :D
For other fans, it's really hard to do a game!!! and exactly IV! So please take your time equilibris. (I know if we will wait we got some super game.) Keep up the good work! ;)
Black Dragon...

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 22 Nov 2006, 17:47

BDragon wrote:Never belive that i say it but:
I with Dalai, and all team, take how much time you want!!! :D
For other fans, it's really hard to do a game!!! and exactly IV! So please take your time equilibris. (I know if we will wait we got some super game.) Keep up the good work! ;)
Yes, we (I) don't mind the team taking all the time they need to complete Equilibris 3.6 … just want to hear some news or anything once in a while. Otherwise, I get scared! :scared:

HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 22 Nov 2006, 21:13

Actually I'm not convicted that they are so busy... (sorry for them If I'm wrong). I think they are just bored of making equilibris or are really occupied in real life. Don't forget they're people just like you and me and the heroes isn't everything that's worthwhile in the world.
I know very well feeling of boredom, sometimes feeling of hopelessness or state of being overworked. All of them mutually and continously bother you, when you resolve to do something big and taking mass of time.
I will use my own example. Last year I made website (doesn't matter what about). I was sitting in front of computer great deal of time, making graphic, making html code, and also learning on mistakes. I was so eager that time (while making site) that I just couldn't imagine that I could stop the work. However, expectedly (not for me), era of willingness ended. I made wondrous site (as for me), and every person that saw it was delighted to see it and praised me. But it didn't matter. I got bored and finally abandoned the site. I remembered period I had been working eagerly, but hasn't ever carried site out again. The work I'd done till then was wasted, as well as money for website.
I think it can be something like this. I anyway appreciate the work of equilibris team and can't imagine how they managed to continue making game for such a long time not feeling boredom. I could imagine it if equilibris was something in real word. But it's not. It's just a game. Just a game. JUST a game. Just one almost unnoticable component of life which has no importance. It's just entertainment. Each of us has his own dreams, destinies, aims in real life. The equilibris is a short route between parts of life, project made on the spur of a moment and done well enough to be self-satisfied. It had it start, it will have end, or has it's end right now, you never know. One day it will be unexpectedly abandoned. Each of equilbris team members need to develope his career, his job.
Just a hobby. And we can't hide, that heroes game is getting increasingly older, less and less popular, until it becomes unused and forgotten, obscure.

I doubt if anyone was patient enough to read this, and ... to understand it :D
I wonder if I guessed well - even in not fully, but at least partly...

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 22 Nov 2006, 23:46

HPfan wrote: … I know very well feeling of boredom, sometimes feeling of hopelessness or state of being overworked. All of them mutually and continously bother you, when you resolve to do something big and taking mass of time.

… I think it can be something like this. I anyway appreciate the work of equilibris team and can't imagine how they managed to continue making game for such a long time not feeling boredom. I could imagine it if equilibris was something in real word. But it's not. It's just a game. Just a game. JUST a game. Just one almost unnoticable component of life which has no importance. It's just entertainment. Each of us has his own dreams, destinies, aims in real life.

… Each of equilbris team members need to develope his career, his job.

… I doubt if anyone was patient enough to read this, and ... to understand it :D
… I wonder if I guessed well - even in not fully, but at least partly...
I read your post and your reply is exactly why I began this thread. I know for myself, what you say is so very true … and I was hoping that the Equilibris Team hadn't abandoned the project. I can understand "burnout" so that is why I asked if there was something we, the fans, needed to know, and asked for a reply.

Dalai's post has reassured me though. There is still hope that the project will be going forward and that the release of Equilibris 3.6 will take place sometime in the future. Until then, like many others at the Round Table, we wait patiently and are very grateful for all the time and effort already put into the project.

By the way Equilibris Team … Heroes V will never replace Heroes IV in the affections of most of the loyal Heroes fans. Thanks again, Dalai, for replying and for all your efforts.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 23 Nov 2006, 10:49

HodgiPodgi wrote: By the way Equilibris Team … Heroes V will never replace Heroes IV in the affections of most of the loyal Heroes fans.
How can H5 replace H4 when they are completely different games? It could replace H3, but that isn't the point.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 23 Nov 2006, 15:32

Sauron wrote:
HodgiPodgi wrote: By the way Equilibris Team … Heroes V will never replace Heroes IV in the affections of most of the loyal Heroes fans.
How can H5 replace H4 when they are completely different games? It could replace H3, but that isn't the point.
True, true … but I was speaking of being replaced in our affections. Heroes 5 never even got to "love this game" level in my affections. Yet, I still love Heroes IV, III, II and even I. Go figure.

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 23 Nov 2006, 17:50

I still like more IV, the story, the idea, and even in V you can't do maps, or play it, or else you have super computer, IV is the most newer and better than the other... Has good graphics, good gameplay, and don't ask for super computer. (like Video Cart, or more memory.)

So with this team, everyone will be happy. ;) And that doesn't matter how much time it take, or better it will take more time, because if it take more time, so that mean that they really work!!! :D Keep Up the GOOD work. (for me lol)
Black Dragon...

HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 23 Nov 2006, 18:55

Bdragon you're a little too optimistical. You say - they can take how much time they want. But it can mean infinity - maybe next version of equilibris will never be released? Consider it.
I conclude you haven't read my post :D (propapbly because of its length) :)

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 24 Nov 2006, 08:48

Too much pessimism is not a good thing. It seems you have nothing to discuss :)

I made a new topic, want to hear your thoughts.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 24 Nov 2006, 10:42

2 HPfan
I read your post, but why equi team need to hurry?
Try you make one game, and everyone will say: "complete the game", "alot of time over".
So it doesn't matter how much it take, or how i know Dalai, he will post all news in one. ;)
2 Dalai
Well maybe other, but now, when i make my own games, i understand you. :) No one know how much it's hard, or if they really want new version, so give them now, that the game will still have bugs, and uncompleted game, they will say again to complete. Just everyone can't wait. Everyone feel nervous... so that mean they don't do something on their life. Just waiting?

Sorry about this BIG post. :S
Black Dragon...

Return to “Equilibris”