project status

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

project status

Unread postby dark raider » 29 Aug 2010, 18:14

hey all you "producers" of Equilibris... I am a big fan of the heroes games and all their mods..and especially this mod since heroes 4 great to play...

So here is my question...

Is the project dead or how goes????? I think we are many who wait for it with great hopes.....

So what do you say??? :|

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 29 Aug 2010, 18:49

Last time I checked, it was like WoG - moving, but really slowly.

Alustor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alustor » 30 Aug 2010, 11:46

this thing is moving even slower than wog,i really don t like to say this but i think it s dead :(

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 12 Sep 2010, 06:52

Yes, I've been waiting for more than 6 years to hear any new news from the Equilibirs Team. So far, it's been only silence. :cry:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 12 Sep 2010, 15:55

HodgePodge wrote:Yes, I've been waiting for more than 6 years to hear any new news from the Equilibirs Team. :cry:
As have I, this topic has appeared several times over the years and those other threads Dalai has at least showed up to say it is moving but slowly. His failure to post here is disconcerting. I know real world responsibilities must take priority, but I hope they realize that there are people who frequent CH who could and would finish what they have. To that end I appeal to the Equilibris team, if your other responsibilities are going to continually delay its completion, please solicit someone to finish it for you. I know pride of authorship is very strong, but come on 6 years really.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Baphomet666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Baphomet666 » 14 Sep 2010, 06:11

If i can dial in here...

I'm extremely interested in this project. I wasn't a huge fan of HOMMIV initially, but once I installed Equilibrius a couple of years back, my appreciation increased immeasurably.

I'm almost finding I enjoy the game as much as HOMMIII now.. I think that's a testament to the quality of the mod.

I often find the battles are a lot closer than HOMMIII and theres that classic push n pull of balance in power in the games... in a word, i think it's fantastic.

Please.. dont let this project die.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 15 Sep 2010, 19:54

Baphomet666 wrote: I wasn't a huge fan of HOMMIV initially, but once I installed Equilibrius a couple of years back, my appreciation increased immeasurably.

I'm almost finding I enjoy the game as much as HOMMIII now.. I think that's a testament to the quality of the mod.

I often find the battles are a lot closer than HOMMIII and theres that classic push n pull of balance in power in the games... in a word, i think it's fantastic.

Please.. dont let this project die.
I believe everyone who has used the mod agrees with you, which is why we are moaning so loudly about its delayed update. :S

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 27 Oct 2010, 16:48

jeff wrote:...and those other threads Dalai has at least showed up to say it is moving but slowly. His failure to post here is disconcerting.
It's not difficult to post something just to show I am here. But that's all I can say about project status. ;|
if your other responsibilities are going to continually delay its completion, please solicit someone to finish it for you. I know pride of authorship is very strong, but come on 6 years really.
Is there a Titan ready to carry the burden? It's not about pride really. There is nothing cool in unfinished project.

What we lack the most is good assembler programmer. I am ready to do or organize all other activities, like calculations, testing, PR, etc. But without good ASM programmer everything else loses sense.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 27 Oct 2010, 22:35

You guys have and continue to do an amazing job. Thanks for the update and I hope you find the programmer you need.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 28 Oct 2010, 15:03

Thank you all for your support, it's really important :creative: :)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

SplinterHoMM
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SplinterHoMM » 25 Jan 2011, 22:04

I still think, that POTENTIALLY HoMM IV is strongest game in series to date.New version of Eq would be fantastic news...

Unfortunately, i don't think i can do any help for it...

Just wanted to wish all the best possible...
Long live Equilibris and let That Glorious Day comes!!!
Splinter sayings:
You must strike hard and fade away...

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind, there are few...

Kranyum
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kranyum » 29 Jan 2011, 16:46

Yes, heroes 4 was the game with the most potential.
Too bad the current devs are f!cking around with modifying Heroes 5 for delivering a new bland game.

I believe that if someone had the budged to build on the basis of Heroes 4 while adding in the good stuff from the other games (like initiative system, a better skill tree for heroes, creature upgrades) would pretty much make a killer game.

however, as sad as it may sound, I fear heroes is doomed to remain in the hands of mediocre developers.

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby TheUnknown » 01 Feb 2011, 14:00

Kranyum wrote:I believe that if someone had the budged to build on the basis of Heroes 4 while adding in the good stuff from the other games (like initiative system, a better skill tree for heroes, creature upgrades) would pretty much make a killer game.
Dude, you would change almost everything in heroes 4 with those stuff ... it'll be another game.
Most of the people that love this game would only fix its bugs and balance issues.
The gameplay is already great maybe some minor upgrades are necessary.

Anyway don't get me wrong I would like to see many of the stuff from heroes 4 to be used in other TurnBasedStrategy games too (with new skill systems and creature upgrades and so on)

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 01 Feb 2011, 23:15

TheUnknown wrote:Most of the people that love this game would only fix its bugs and balance issues.
+AI +RMG

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 Feb 2011, 23:23

Good to hear from you, have you had any luck getting an assembler programmer? I wish I had those skills, so I could help, but sadly I don't.

Kranyum
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kranyum » 02 Feb 2011, 13:07

TheUnknown wrote:
Kranyum wrote:I believe that if someone had the budged to build on the basis of Heroes 4 while adding in the good stuff from the other games (like initiative system, a better skill tree for heroes, creature upgrades) would pretty much make a killer game.
Dude, you would change almost everything in heroes 4 with those stuff ... it'll be another game.
Most of the people that love this game would only fix its bugs and balance issues.

Anyway don't get me wrong I would like to see many of the stuff from heroes 4 to be used in other TurnBasedStrategy games too (with new skill systems and creature upgrades and so on)
I was mostly daydreaming about a flawless Heroes game.
Frankly, if I were to change 1 thing about H4 that would be the combat grid field. H3 and H5 system is so much better, allowing complete protection of ranged units and easier to predict movement range.

Line of sight requirements for ranged attacks and spells I would still keep as it is in H4, its just too good.

@Dalai

Any chance we get smth soon? Where can I download the 3.55 release?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 02 Feb 2011, 16:13

jeff wrote:...have you had any luck getting an assembler programmer?
Alas... :(
Kranyum wrote:Any chance we get smth soon? Where can I download the 3.55 release?
3.55 is experimental, you don't want to mess up objects in editor. We plan to put all objects in order (including some new, of course) and release a new version with some minor tweaks.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Feb 2011, 08:09

Kranyum wrote:
TheUnknown wrote:
The initiative system was badly implemented in H5... and H4's skill system was pretty good, it just suffered from magic skills being too samey.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kranyum
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kranyum » 03 Feb 2011, 08:52

ThunderTitan wrote:
Kranyum wrote:
TheUnknown wrote: Dude, you would change almost everything in heroes 4 with those stuff ... it'll be another game.
The initiative system was badly implemented in H5... and H4's skill system was pretty good, it just suffered from magic skills being too samey.
The initiative system's main flaw was that high initiative units (like Blood Furies or Emerald Dragons) also had the biggest movement on the map. So those units could dance all day long around slower units like Zombies or Magma dragons or whatnot.

However it was a brilliant idea, which could be used to create a whole new dimention in gameplay. Its just that they needed to add more creature types:
High Init-High movement: Harasser,
Low Init- High Movement: Striker,
High Init-Low Movement: Extremely Positional dependant unit
Low Init-Low Movement: Tank

The skill system was good and I think spells were more varied that all other installments. However it got pretty dull when u were offered a choice between say Enchantment and Meditation (i.e. more mana for both).

I think a hybid between the H4 system and a more perk oriented system as like that of H5 would have gotten better results. Of course thing should have been toned down as they would make heroes exponentially stronger pretty fast.

Additionally, I think removing the randomness for the skills and letting the player pick whichever skill we wants at each level up, might bring a very good strategic change. However, in this case the devs must make sure there are valid choices each step of the way, as it will very quickly lead to an extremely repetitive game.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 03 Feb 2011, 11:23

Kranyum wrote:However it was a brilliant idea, which could be used to create a whole new dimention in gameplay. Its just that they needed to add more creature types:
High Init-High movement: Harasser,
Low Init- High Movement: Striker,
High Init-Low Movement: Extremely Positional dependant unit
Low Init-Low Movement: Tank
I don't think it's that brilliant. The creature is either fast of slow. If the creature is (for example) slow, but makes more moves than opponent (your "Extremely Positional dependant unit") - it is just self-contradicting description. If it's fast - it goes further and/or strikes more often.

Let's not forget that we are discussing the TURN BASED strategy (somebody has to remember it, after all, even if UBI does not). H5 initiative system has nothing to do with turns. So we are left with one and only option - everybody moves once per turn, faster creatures act earlier and go further.

One more thought. A situation when one fast unit can kill many slow units without a scratch (like 1 sprite against 1000 Hydras in H4) is just a BAD design. You have to avoid things like that at all cost. The should be no such things, even with help from magic hero. But with your idea above this will happen far too often.
Additionally, I think removing the randomness for the skills and letting the player pick whichever skill we wants at each level up, might bring a very good strategic change. However, in this case the devs must make sure there are valid choices each step of the way, as it will very quickly lead to an extremely repetitive game.
H4 had just the right degree of randomness. You get semi-random (not just random!) choices, but you choose the skills to upgrade yourself. Degree of randomness can be tuned by offering 2 or 4 choices instead of 3, but the system is just right. The H6 idea of removing randomness out of the hero development tree is soooo wrong!

Return to “Equilibris”