Pixie

V For Vendetta...?

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 29 Jul 2009, 00:20

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jul 2009, 06:42

@Bandobras Took

You obviously misunderstood... the always proven right is about the general idea being right, not every little detail of it being exactly like i said... because if i could do that i'd be a smurfing fortune teller.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 29 Jul 2009, 17:34

ThunderTitan wrote:You obviously misunderstood... the always proven right is about the general idea being right, not every little detail of it being exactly like i said... because if i could do that i'd be a smurfing fortune teller.
Ah, if we're simply speaking of general ideas being right, then you still royally screwed up. Generally speaking, the H5 plot and the H3 plot were nothing like each other.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 29 Jul 2009, 23:29

Both of you, go fight somewhere else, just keep it ontopic!!!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Jul 2009, 06:19

Bandobras Took wrote:Generally speaking, the H5 plot and the H3 plot were nothing like each other.
Just like Batman isn't copied of Zorro coz he has pointy ears instead of a hat...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 31 Jul 2009, 13:31

The main entities of the Heroes III story are kingdoms. The goal is dominion through conquest. Even with the SoD prequel, Sandro works through manipulating a king and a kingdom. From start to finish, the question is simply one of power.

The main entities of the Heroes V story are characters. The goals are redemption (on the part of Raelag/Zehir) or corruption (on the part of the Demon Sovereign/Biara). The conflicts are primarily over ideology, not over political boundaries.

You have to go to details before you find a solid similarity between the two that is not to be found in any two fantasy stories involving a war.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Aug 2009, 10:05

Ha... literary analysis, the last refuge of a failing story related argument. No sh1t that the focus is different (though you're prob giving Ubival too much credit if you think it was intentional), that hardly means it's not the same story (what, you never seen anyone use the old "same story, but from another perspective" trick to sell yet another book without having to write a new story?)

Return to “Screenshots”