New Column: Might and Milla

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Jul 2006, 18:13

The two of you are already cloging the foreign language thread,and now this one as well?Yet its only TT and me that get punished for spamming?The mods are slacking! :disagree:

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 23 Jul 2006, 18:30

Its totally on-topic. It relates to this part of the article
I haven’t played Heroes V that much and it’s a shame but I’ve been very distracted by the missing features and thus I’ve rejected the game so far.
and how to cure it :D

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 23 Jul 2006, 18:57

Why so angry all of a sudden?
We're not spamming, we stay on topic and since I appreciate any (however relatively stupid) advise, why are you this mad? It's not like you've made a comment here and got "spammed" out :disagree:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Jul 2006, 19:00

Paulus1 wrote:Its totally on-topic. It relates to this part of the article
I haven’t played Heroes V that much and it’s a shame but I’ve been very distracted by the missing features and thus I’ve rejected the game so far.
and how to cure it :D
Dont preach a crook about stealing.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 23 Jul 2006, 19:08

Lets just be civil and quit talking about this :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 23 Jul 2006, 19:21

Barging in with accusations and trying to hijack the thread to offtopicland is exactly why some people are denied a postcount. I suggest this discussion is ended, and the thread left to the topic.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 23 Jul 2006, 20:23

It's sad to see now how some of the girls who entered the forum after reading the article hasn't returned. Perhaps they only visit once in a while but it's still a shame. They need more luring I guess ;|
- Dragon Age Origins

ChinaBlue
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChinaBlue » 24 Jul 2006, 09:57

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:It's sad to see now how some of the girls who entered the forum after reading the article hasn't returned. Perhaps they only visit once in a while but it's still a shame. They need more luring I guess ;|
I'm here! :wave:
35 year OLD(dutch)girl. Started out with H2 soon followed by H3 and WoG.
Played those extensively for 2 years straight.
H4, collecting dust, sorry (did my very best).
H5, yeah I like it, slowly growing into it. If they get it right with the pathes (and/or expansion), probably love it for years to come.
And by the way, Homm is the only game I'm really into.
Tried others (like baldur's gate, AOM, Riven, Diablo) but always get bored quite soon :snore:
Civ, I have yet to try, this might be another story. On the other hand, maybe I shouldn't out of self protection, time is precious.
Playing video games eats away time like (eh..almost) nothing else.

Haven't posted here that much (yet), though I made quite a few posts on the ubi boards when this game was in development, those times had a certain special atmosphere. I prefer to just read the forum(s) to get a better knowledge of the game and then continue playing.
In general boys talk (and rant) more about games than girls (who just play and be done with it), which makes it look like there're not that many of us but doesn't matter. We know we're there.
Hope you're going to like H5 some day Milla. With a few(yet to happen)possible exceptions, I'll only play against fems in MP so.... :)

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 24 Jul 2006, 10:48

ChinaBlue :wave:

It's a shame that you don't play H4, we could have played some day but tastes differ :)

Maybe you're right about guys and games. The guys here seem to like to discuss, examine and analyze every bit of the HoMM games but that's okay even though it's bound to spawn a lot of repetitions :rolleyes:

I like the forums not just because of the great info but also because it's nice to interact with other HoMM players frequently ;)
Somehow these people made me come back here over and over again :)
- Dragon Age Origins

ozzlander
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Milla

Unread postby ozzlander » 24 Jul 2006, 15:47

China Blue says - It's sad to see now how some of the girls who entered the forum after reading the article hasn't returned. Perhaps they only visit once in a while but it's still a shame. They need more luring I guess ;|

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have a job where I cram 40 hours of work into 3 days Fri - Sun. Makes for a craptacular weekend, but I get 4 days off a week to do as I please.

Also, could it be that the female gamers have more duties around the house that prevent them from being overly chatty on the message boards? Or maybe we are just gaming?

I never have played Civ.... I may have to check that out. For now the plan is to finish HV, get started on Oblivian, and possibliy do some D&D online

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 24 Jul 2006, 17:04

I'll go for the duties arund the house. That's my bet.
And if girls don't wanna post here they shouldn't have to. It's just that if they would like to do so then using their spare time shouldn't be a problem. If they have any that is.
But I'm happy so far since you're here :) That's one girl who has been here more than once these last few days.

Btw. China Blue didn't write that. I did ;)
- Dragon Age Origins

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Might and Milla

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 24 Jul 2006, 17:11

"Tried others (like baldur's gate, AOM, Riven, Diablo) but always get bored quite soon :snore:"

Whoa, getting bored playing Age of Mythology? Thinking Diablo is boring? That's borderline blasphemy in my book, but I respect your specific tastes ChinaBlue. ;)
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Might and Milla

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jul 2006, 17:30

CloudRiderX wrote:
Whoa, getting bored playing Age of Mythology? Thinking Diablo is boring? That's borderline blasphemy in my book, but I respect your specific tastes ChinaBlue. ;)
Diablo 2 does get a bit boring somewhere after the middle of act 2.Acts after the first one are just too long to be exciting as a whole.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Might and Milla

Unread postby gravyluvr » 24 Jul 2006, 17:54

It's not like we had a sign outside the dungeon - er - garage that said no women allowed. They just never joined the adventure group of our D&D group.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Might and Milla

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 25 Jul 2006, 08:00

I don't really have much to say on-topic, everything's been said here already, but I do have something to say about HoMM 4. What really ruins it for me is the battlefield. I've played since heroes 2, and since I was about 3yo, so I'm really used to the feel, gameplay and tactics of the chess-like hex grids. The squares in Heroes 5 aren't that different, but the battlefield in 4 is way off, it's just not "Heroes", at least the way I see it.

But there are some useful features in HoMM4, like the caravans, the flaggable map objects etc. but the battlefield and the daily growth just made it to different for me. I tried it again with Heroes Complete, but I couldn't stand playing more than 30 minutes...
"Patching Eternal!"

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 25 Jul 2006, 11:09

You do know you can change the settings on the battlefield to say...having the grid, right? There's also an option that leaves a blueish field which shows how far the creatures can actually move :)
- Dragon Age Origins

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Might and Milla

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 25 Jul 2006, 11:30

Sure, that's not the problem. The grid itself is the problem. I like it as 11x15 large hex grids, not 50x75 or something tiny squares...
"Patching Eternal!"

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 25 Jul 2006, 11:39

Oh right. And in H4 it's not changeable? There's only one size? (I don't know cause I don't use grid) ;|
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jul 2006, 12:59

Yeah, lack of grid was really annoying, and they only put the tiny squared one in an expansion. I prefer using just the movement shadow, it looks better. But maybe they could have made a better one, if only they would have thought of puttin it in from the beggining. Or had tine to actualy finish making the game.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 25 Jul 2006, 21:10

I use the movement shadow as well. It's less distracting than the grid and it looks...uhm..good :D
Does it come in more than one colour :devious:
- Dragon Age Origins

Return to “Articles”