Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - Death-In-Life and Lif

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
sufficiency
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sufficiency » 11 Oct 2012, 10:23

Maybe I was lucky, but it seems that the Haven and Infernal factions also attack each other... while ignoring me for the most part. Nevertheless this mission is on-par in difficulty with the Spider's Strategem.

xupakabra
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby xupakabra » 22 Mar 2013, 14:31

I wish game could inform you a bit more ( f.e. Dear player, you have captured town D and you are going to be mauled ).. Anyway, thnx 4 this excellent guide, I ragequitted yesterday after I got gangbanged by both armies after capturing D and spending all my mana ;-D

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 28 Jul 2013, 01:28

I liked the idea of Datau's strategy of pushing hard for the island, but the problem with that, is that orange sends a unit to take your starting town at the beginning of the second week.

I suppose if you don't mind giving up your starting town....

...actually, just leaving changbo behind with your phoenix summon key and a couple of stacks of troops with some decent hps (like a stack of spirits and/or kensai) and a fully upgraded fortification should be more than sufficient for the early enemy forays. use the spirits on your phoenixes for double fun good pain reflection, and your arrow towers and changbo will do the rest.

that said, if you clear everything around your starting town in the first week, and have irina in the town, ready to go on day one of the second week, you should be able to easily make it to town E, even flagging all the mines on the way, before the end of the 3rd week. Recommend: upgrading kappas, snow ball tossers, and your maidens. Leave the rest unupgraded, or you will not be able to take all the stacks that want to join you on the island. Bring from your starting town: A handful of spirits (just for pain mirror and as an archery blocker), as many upgraded kappas and priestesses as you can gather, all of the yuki ona you have, and as many sharks as you can afford without waiting. don't bring anything else, or you will not be able to fit the island armies. The neutral stacks you will face on the way will teach you all about how to handle huge inferno stacks with sanctuary units, in case you didn't already know.

serenity is OK, but really you're better off using petrify on the stack in the tower, and teleporting one of your big core stacks to the top side of the enemy's castle. I put the huge group of sharks you will get on the way at the top of the castle, so no units could get behind it, let the spirits cast pain mirror on it, and I cast acid cloud in front of it, and the snow maidens cast a patch of ice in front of that, so anything running over to hit the sharks walks through the ice... then the acid cloud... then ends up hitting a unit with pain mirror... and then takes 10% of the sharks retaliation damage per turn, along with the damage from the acid cloud as long as it sits there trying to hit the sharks. wipes out stacks in a hurry, and you can keep your other units back to protect your ranged units from gates. kenshi are great for that. Keep the ranged units in the tower pertrified, whittle them down last, while you heal up all your units. If you're patient, you should actually end up with very few losses.
Edited on Sun, Jul 28 2013, 05:56 by Sir_Toejam

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 28 Jul 2013, 14:58

with breeder queen... what happens if you just take one stack, cast acid cloud on the queen, and just keep petrifying your own stack so it can't take damage? it would take a long time, but it should work, yeah?

edit:

tested. works:

get the biggest possible stack of any one kind of creature you can, preferably one with decent init and morale. kappas are great for this, kensai are good too, if you can get a big enough stack of them.

wear every piece of magic power, mana boost, initiative boost, and morale boost you can. visit shrines that boost morale, luck, initiative, and the shrine that doubles your mana.

the only luck required is to get a morale extra attack on your first turn, which should not be hard. If not, cast stone skin, then regenerate until healed, then cast petrify. or just reload the battle until you do.

have your stack attack ONCE, or if a ranged unit, just move it right into monster's face.

cast stone skin.

defend.

cast acid cloud.

attack with your hero's primary attack, while renewing stoneskin as needed.

when your racial bar completely fills, hit it, and the monster will be hit for significant damage when it attacks your stoneskinned unit. this is why the bigger the stack, the better, though you can do it with just a single unit.

if you see a morale extra attack pop on your unit during the last turn of a petrify, go ahead and attack with your stack, then petrify it, then defend.

you will get both a perfect victory, and the special for it never having used its ranged attack.

the bigger the stack, the faster it goes.

Edited on Sun, Jul 28 2013, 21:59 by Sir_Toejam

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 28 Jul 2013, 15:37

oh, and sorry, but red is NOT an ally, ever, as of 2.1.1. all are enemies from the start, it's just that orange is between you and him at first, so he has to wade through them to get to you. If you see a red hero, take it out.

Danny
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Danny » 04 Jul 2015, 14:34

Finally I finished Sanctuary campaign with a might hero today. In the end it was much better with might because I was able to eradicate all the enemies in the pattern described here and those ridiculous demon armies did not appear this time.

Return to “Articles”