Clash of Heroes HD is Out

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Apr 2011, 18:48

The reviews are very positive (a news item will come later), and some talk about 30+ hours of gameplay. I did find Puzzle Quest very repetitive after a while, not sure if I'll feel the same about CoH.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Clash of Heroes Achievements/Trophies

Unread postby Ryder » 16 Apr 2011, 00:00

@King Imp

I played the demo last night too and I'm sure a message popped up saying you can save the game by hitting the start button.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 16 Apr 2011, 07:02

I miss, the real MM games. These new games may be great to new time players, but I am going to be honest, as an old time true fan to Might and Magic, these new games aren't breaking the ice. It will have to be up to the fans to make things right. For instance, MMXAlamar's MMX project is looking very interesting and promising, and most importantly... true to Might and Magic. These new games do not give me any resemblance to Might and Magic at all.
MIGHT AND MAGIC INSPIRED GAME: Legend of Erthia - Armageddon!
https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Clash of Heroes Achievements/Trophies

Unread postby King Imp » 16 Apr 2011, 14:28

Ryder wrote:@King Imp

I played the demo last night too and I'm sure a message popped up saying you can save the game by hitting the start button.

Yeah, I saw that as well, but when you tried to save it was still grayed out.

That's okay because last night my wife was playing it and I found out that there were only like 2 or 3 more fights past where I was before the demo ended.

Anyway, she loves puzzle games and we both love Heroes, so I decided to get the full version. :)

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 17 Apr 2011, 13:51

Okay, so I got the full version and so far the wife and I are loving it.

One question though. We've only played multiplayer battles so far and haven't delved into the campaign. I saw one of the tips said that artifacts found in single player will be unlocked for multiplayer, but what about heroes. For as cool as this game is, it is already getting a little boring choosing the same hero in multiplayer. Especially when the AI seems to have more access to heroes than we do.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 17 Apr 2011, 19:39

@Kimp Imp: there are 5 other Heroes to unlock by playing the campaign ;)
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Clash of Heroes Achievements/Trophies

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 19 Apr 2011, 03:32

Bought it, and its great. Played it for like 12 hours with no regrets. Awesome game, and fun all around. Only gripe is the load screens.

Okay, so I got the full version and so far the wife and I are loving it.

One question though. We've only played multiplayer battles so far and haven't delved into the campaign. I saw one of the tips said that artifacts found in single player will be unlocked for multiplayer, but what about heroes. For as cool as this game is, it is already getting a little boring choosing the same hero in multiplayer. Especially when the AI seems to have more access to heroes than we do.
Yes, heroes unlock into multiplayer which is why this game is a lot of fun. My friend and I played some 1v1 games online and the Sylvan Treant is a BEAST. After it charges the 6 turns and does it's initial damage, it also does damage every turn after until it is killed. This makes it very strategically focused, in that you're forced to focus fire specific units on the board. Thus, this game is no "grind fest" as someone said. It's one of my favorites on PSN next to Plants vs Zombies.

I play Haven for now, until I unlock more stuff for the other races. I like Godric's Shield and using Knights with Angels or Swordsmasters (big creatures). Knights are so strong... I use them as if there are walls.

MMXAlamar wrote:Is this Digimon? I think the M&M label is being abused. OK, I am not trying to offend anyone here. This is just not Might & Magic anymore, yet they still put the M&M label on it. Not that Clash of Heroes doesn't look like it's a cool game, it's just not really Might & Magic at all!
By your logic, Blizzard should've never made Warcraft into an MMO (nows makes billion$), Mario Sports games should never have been made (makes billion$), And Pokemon TV show should've never been made into a video game (makes billion$). BECAUSE ITS JUST NOT POKEMON ANYMORE. The list goes on. Wish you would really think before you ruin a thread about one of the best PSN games this year over your fanboy crap.

Return to “Articles”