TotE Is Out

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 13 Oct 2007, 23:35

Wow, it seems you guys have been reduced to arguing about each other's argument. It's probably not my place to say but is there really any need for this? Is it going anywhere?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 14 Oct 2007, 00:45

Corlagon wrote:Wow, it seems you guys have been reduced to arguing about each other's argument. It's probably not my place to say but is there really any need for this? Is it going anywhere?
Has not gone anywhere since it started, so no point in stopping now. :|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 14 Oct 2007, 01:07

Yes and that is what the internet is for, isn't it. This and the other thing.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 14 Oct 2007, 07:28

Corlagon wrote:Wow, it seems you guys have been reduced to arguing about each other's argument. It's probably not my place to say but is there really any need for this? Is it going anywhere?
You are missing the point here. For my liking TT all too often is just slamming in some carefully picked snip of quote and pastes it into the thread with some "comment", mostly sarcastic in nature, that normally and usually doesn't make any point at all, but instead picks on something, oftentimes only possible because posters tend to keep posts as short as possible.
This is a very bad habit, especially for people actually exposing themselves to a real statement of opinion, something which TT himself doesn't do - it would make him vulnerable to this kind of stuff as well and he can't have that, can he?
ZZZzzzz....

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 14 Oct 2007, 13:52

Sorry if I offended you, I didn't realise there was any point to miss in the first place.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 14 Oct 2007, 14:05

Corlagon wrote:Sorry if I offended you...
You didn't.
ZZZzzzz....

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Tribes of the East is Out

Unread postby Sir Charles » 14 Oct 2007, 14:40

I wonder if anyone in this argument realizes that I personally couldn't care less how TT misinterprets my quotes? nah. Continue boys. Have fun.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Oct 2007, 16:51

Future Shop has a release date of October 18th only here in Canada... Geez, I might just play Jewel Quest instead. :D

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 14 Oct 2007, 18:14

I played the demo and loved it. I'm excited about TOTE! I'm excited about HOMM6 and I really, really hope it comes out and is innovative in the H4 sense, but as great to play as H5 with a better AI.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

“Forgiving and being forgiven, loving and being loved,
living and letting live, is the simple basis for it all."

Ernest Holmes 1984

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Oct 2007, 19:00

Jolly Joker wrote:>>YOU are not interested in what people MEAN. YOU quote what they SAY (and post).<<
:lolu: Good one... especially after you argued with GoW over what he meant when he told you that you misinterpreted what he said... but i made no judgment about what SirC said, so how was i misinterpreting him?

And i've always loved this SAID vs MEANT thing... "what, i said the ball is red? i meant it's red when the swamp gas reflects light from Uranus!"

Jolly Joker wrote:>>No, that's not a statement. That's a claim. I could say a wrong one, but I say, it's contested.<<

:lolu: Man, you crack me up... any statement you can pick on is a claim... otherwise you couldn't contest it, could you? But fine... Nival is in Russia and violets are blue... there, i made a statement... :tongue:

Oh, and if you said it's wrong, that makes it contested... there's no need to say it's contested when you're the one contesting it.

>>The question is: why did you quote Chuck in the first place? To make what point exactly?<<
I was bringing what he said to the attention of people on this board... letting them decide if Ubival gets a free pass because they didn't want to invest a lot of money in reviving the game and that's why they picked Nival... clear enough?

>>something which TT himself doesn't do<<
Never ever did i make any claim :devil: on this forum... nope, no sirry... not if your memory has any choice on the matter.

Sir Charles wrote:>>I personally couldn't care less how TT misinterprets my quotes?<<
But see, i'm not... i just disagree that "they revived the series" and "that's all the money they wanted to risk" as reasons not to scream at them we want better... sure they might have given us caravans and alt upgrades if we just went JJ's route and said what a top product they put out from the start and how perfect it is, but my pessimism always get the best of me.

I get what you said, i just don't agree with it being a good thing. As i said before, i'm well aware of Etherlords, so i never was thinking that Ubi just went with completely unqualified cheap labor...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 14 Oct 2007, 20:24

>... sure they might have given us caravans and
> alt upgrades if we just went JJ's route and said what a
>top product they put out from the start and how perfect
> it is, but my pessimism always get the best of me.
Totally. I just wanted to add goddamn "wait" button, and 10k gold / day for AI "feature" removed.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 14 Oct 2007, 23:32

Angelspit wrote:Future Shop has a release date of October 18th only here in Canada... Geez, I might just play Jewel Quest instead. :D
It seems North America has been relegated to a second round release. So I've decided to wait until Christmas and have told my daughters that it is on my Amazon wishlist. Hopefully it will be reduced in price by then. Besides unless the editor gets a major rework I may pass altogether now, or at least until it is in the bargin basement for price.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 15 Oct 2007, 03:11

jeff wrote:It seems North America has been relegated to a second round release.
Yep. But it's only one week later.

And ToE has an on screen wait button. I wonder if they'll incorporate into earlier versions.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 15 Oct 2007, 06:56

ThunderTitan wrote: sure they might have given us caravans and alt upgrades if we just went JJ's route and said what a top product they put out from the start and how perfect it is, but my pessimism always get the best of me.
So now you start lying as well. 2 pages before this you can read that I said:
JJ wrote:The bottom line will be, when the dust has settled, that Nival delivered a top product IN THE END that sold well from the start - and you don't need to be a genius to foretell that ToE will bring things in line for nearly everyone except those who have an unsolvable conflict with one or another game aspect.
I even wrote "IN THE END" in capital letters to emphasize it.
What a cheap way to try and make a point. And what a dumb one at that. TT.
ZZZzzzz....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Oct 2007, 15:41

Oh, how nice, you think i was only referring to that statement of yours... you honestly telling me if i look back on your posting history i won't find you claiming H5 as groovy from the get go? I mean for crying out loud, you actually said the gargoyle fits great in the game...

But i'm sorry, i should have realized that you meant IN THE END as 5 patches from now, when they're done supporting H5. My bad for paying too much attention to what you SAY instead of what you MEAN.
Edited on Mon, Oct 15 2007, 11:53 by ThunderTitan
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 15 Oct 2007, 16:27

>Oh, how nice, you think i was only referring to that statement of >yours... you honestly telling me if i look back on your posting >history i won't find you claiming H5 as groovy from the get go?

You have to respect his occupation... I mean, he's begging for disciplinary actions if he does otherwise.

>But i'm sorry, i should have realized that you meant IN THE END as >5 patches from now, when they're done supporting H5.

And IN THE END, the AI still sucks like ****. That's what JJ calls a top product.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 15 Oct 2007, 16:38

ThunderTitan wrote:Oh, how nice, you think i was only referring to that statement of yours... you honestly telling me if i look back on your posting history i won't find you claiming H5 as groovy from the get go? I mean for crying out loud, you actually said the gargoyle fits great in the game...
Yes, I actually LOVE the freaking Gargoyle and find their battle animation hilarious - for a change not your usual gothic gargoyle that wouldn't have been fitting at all into the Academy style.
However, the Gargoyle certainly doesn't make it a top or bad product - whether you like a certain creature or not, it won't make or break the game.
If you want to imply that someone who finds the Gargoyle fitting and good can have no idea about what makes a top product in the first place, this would certainly not be beyond you and even very much like you - however it's still not more than another irrelevant jibe.
For the rest, I've said often enough that H 5 has been a very good game from the start - with a lot of adjustments to make that I refrained from making a list here because I had an idea of what would be fixed - you know, there is something like a bug list you get to see when you localize things and furthermore - for the same reason - I'm in contact with the testers. And I said on a couple of occasions, especially when H 5 was compared with H 3, that H 5 would reach it's full potential after 2 expansions - JUST AS H 3 - and surpass it then. (For example, the editor sucked with the Pre-SoD versions.) I've said this specifically in threads when people claimed Heroes 5 would completely suck for this or that reason.
ZZZzzzz....

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 15 Oct 2007, 17:16

I liked HOMM5 from day one and I think TOTE has made something good better. For this I am grateful to Ubisoft. Also, I am glad they rescued a beloved franchise from the netherworld. In my opinion everyone on this forum should share this positive feeling to one degree or another even if they don't like Ubisoft per se. But, that's just my opinion. (i.e., no flames)

If Nival fit the Ubisoft budget, so be it; they got the job done, though there was/is certainly room for improvement. They are merely human, and I forgive them for that failing, since I share it.

Personally, I shall buy TOTE, and I will create lots of great maps for it. This is a great community and I love to share.

To JJ and TT, et al, involved in this thread, I desire to say this toast to all of you: "Let us look forward to the day when HOMM6 comes out. LONG LIVE HOMM!"

Can we all drink to that?
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

“Forgiving and being forgiven, loving and being loved,
living and letting live, is the simple basis for it all."

Ernest Holmes 1984

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Oct 2007, 17:32

Jolly Joker wrote:>>Yes, I actually LOVE the freaking Gargoyle and find their battle animation hilarious - for a change not your usual gothic gargoyle that wouldn't have been fitting at all into the Academy style.<<
Are you implying that the current Garg isn't done in a fake Gothic style?

And the point was that you have awful taste... man that gargoyle sucks... :tongue:
Jolly Joker wrote:>>For the rest, I've said often enough that H 5 has been a very good game from the start<<
And yet you accuse me of lying... go figure.

>>with a lot of adjustments to make that I refrained from making a list here because I had an idea of what would be fixed<<
So no point in bothering with what wouldn't be fixed... or did they always fix exactly what bothered you? See, most of us don't have that luck...

>>And I said on a couple of occasions, especially when H 5 was compared with H 3, that H 5 would reach it's full potential after 2 expansions - JUST AS H 3 - and surpass it then.<<
Yeah, i know, Fabrice said we'd get more units then H3 with expansions... that alone justifies you saying that.

>>(For example, the editor sucked with the Pre-SoD versions.) <<
So people, how is the Editor in TotE so far anyway? Any opinions?

>>Also, I am glad they rescued a beloved franchise from the netherworld.<<
Yes, let's forgive everything based on that...

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 15 Oct 2007, 18:14

ThunderTitan wrote:
Jolly Joker wrote:>>Yes, I actually LOVE the freaking Gargoyle and find their battle animation hilarious - for a change not your usual gothic gargoyle that wouldn't have been fitting at all into the Academy style.<<
Are you implying that the current Garg isn't done in a fake Gothic style?

And the point was that you have awful taste... man that gargoyle sucks... :tongue:
Pointless and ridiculous. You can't argue about taste.
ThunderTitan wrote:
Jolly Joker wrote:>>For the rest, I've said often enough that H 5 has been a very good game from the start<<
And yet you accuse me of lying... go figure.
Sure. Still do. A very good game is no top product. Just as well as some perceived artistic shortcomings - real or not - or spelling errors don't make a game suck.
How many Civilization games did we see until now? None of them sucked. None of them was mediocre. Some were very good, some were a top product (or still are). At least a few of them had very long bug lists and a pretty high number of patches.
ThunderTitan wrote:
>>with a lot of adjustments to make that I refrained from making a list here because I had an idea of what would be fixed<<
So no point in bothering with what wouldn't be fixed... or did they always fix exactly what bothered you? See, most of us don't have that luck...
See, TT, I DID bother, one way or another, and from the beta.
I just didn't feel the need to make derogative comments about it - and of course I wasn't bothered by many things other people seemingly couldn't stand: for example the Gargoyle. Or the actual battlefield size (albeit my position on the 8x10 was pretty clear).
ThunderTitan wrote:
>>And I said on a couple of occasions, especially when H 5 was compared with H 3, that H 5 would reach it's full potential after 2 expansions - JUST AS H 3 - and surpass it then.<<
Yeah, i know, Fabrice said we'd get more units then H3 with expansions... that alone justifies you saying that.
The next irrelevant, meaningless jibe. Starts getting really old now.
ThunderTitan wrote:
>>Also, I am glad they rescued a beloved franchise from the netherworld.<<
Yes, let's forgive everything based on that...
And lastly another of your snip quotes with a sarcastic comment.
Cheap. And low.

I repeat, you have nothing to say. All you do is snip-maiming other people's posts and banging some snide comment under it designed to make fun of things.
ZZZzzzz....

Return to “News”