News Supression Pact

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Jan 2006, 16:21

Well, it seems the pact has worked
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Rhutobello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

News Supression Pact

Unread postby Rhutobello » 30 Jan 2006, 16:28

congrat to you all:).9

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

News Supression Pact

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Jan 2006, 16:32

Geez, there goes my vacation... :(
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 30 Jan 2006, 17:10

You can always hope to get a couple of days once H6 is on the way :D

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 30 Jan 2006, 19:44

theLuckyDragon wrote:
Bandobras Took wrote:That whole argument is rather flawed, given that the Celestial Heavens Forums recently reset just about everybody's posts to 0. I had well over eight hundred, from patient posting and replying to topics where I felt I had something to say, but that credibility's gone.
I think you're referring to the fact that post counts were reset when the site moved, right? If that's what you're referring to, then why do you say that "that credibility's gone"? The site moved, everyone's post counts were reset! You didn't expect the mods to start looking up everybody's post count on the old RT and set them here, did you?
No offense, but did you even bother to read the quote that preceded my post? I did put it there so that everybody would know precisely what I was talking about.

I'll try again:
Arzang wrote: the point was: new members of the hommunity show their faces when the community expresses concern about the game's current state. and what do the new members do? side with the company, not the community. THIS is what bothers me, not your homm history, not the amount of posts, not anything to that extent.
Arzang's complaining about new members of the community siding with the company.

How on earth can he tell who's a new member and who's not? The only remotely reasonable way, post count, is gone.

Arzang says that HoMM History, Amount of Posts, etc. don't bother him, only new members siding with the company.

How does Arzang define a new member? Because it's obviously not by any criteria that make sense.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Jan 2006, 19:49

Bandobras Took wrote: How does Arzang define a new member? Because it's obviously not by any criteria that make sense.
He could have a very good memory and remember everyone who has ever posted on the old forums. Or he could have checked the date when some of them joined.

But looking at the Ubi forums, there were also a pattern of mostly new posters bashing the people behind the petition. The more long-time posters who disagreed tended to do so in a more polite way. Of course, this is based on my own quite biased PoW, so take it with whatever amounts of salt you think sufficient.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 31 Jan 2006, 02:19

That part about the Ubi forums makes a bit more sense. I'd just hate to think that I would be brushed off as "new" whenever I posted an opinion that countered the prevailing trend. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Re: News Supression Pact

Unread postby Arzang » 31 Jan 2006, 17:36

Bandobras Took wrote:That whole argument is rather flawed, given that the Celestial Heavens Forums recently reset just about everybody's posts to 0. I had well over eight hundred, from patient posting and replying to topics where I felt I had something to say, but that credibility's gone.
I have nothing against new members, nor do I have anything against someone else' opinion. but this is not something that's exclusive to this forum: on other forums as well newcomers come at specific points to show their faces. (newcomers also applies to returning regulars).

I may have have said it in a crude manner but the point is not flawed. the point was maybe a bit misunderstood. I was just surprised at the surge of newcomers, most here to bash on the news suppresion pact.

and if you aren't a newcomer then there is no reason whatsoever to get offended. (I never assumed you were one either).

newcomers have just as valid opinions. but why do you have to show up only to complain on the hommunity?

and ONCE AGAIN THIS IS ONLY DIRECTED TO ACTUAL NEWCOMERS. and caps was needed there.

there you have it. if you aren't new there's no reason to be offended. if you ARE new but can bring some non-lame arguments then there's no reason to get offended either. anyway the pact worked but I just wanted to make this clear. I'm no elitist. and even if I was I can't be on this forum since I'm hardly a long-time regular myself.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Re: News Supression Pact

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 31 Jan 2006, 23:58

Arzang wrote:
I have nothing against new members, nor do I have anything against someone else' opinion. but this is not something that's exclusive to this forum: on other forums as well newcomers come at specific points to show their faces. (newcomers also applies to returning regulars).

I may have have said it in a crude manner but the point is not flawed. the point was maybe a bit misunderstood. I was just surprised at the surge of newcomers, most here to bash on the news suppresion pact.
Ah, I see. That is good to know.

Return to “News”