News Supression Pact

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

News Supression Pact

Unread postby dragonn » 29 Jan 2006, 18:57

Yeah, your right. We fans must stand firm! Mercy is for the weak! Dissapoint us and you've got yourself a deathwish! It is a joy to watch how many of us, Heroes fans, are there :)

You know what, come to think of it, I dislike Ubisoft (but I like Nival). Most of their games I played on my PC crashed or cause me serious (computer reinstalment) problems...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: News Supression Pact

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 29 Jan 2006, 18:58

george137 wrote:This is a bit rash dont you think. Sure the game could be a bit unbalanced when it first comes out but have you ever seen a game that was perfect from the release, especially stratagy games?
Bugs are to be expected. Cut features is another matter entirely.
And how will we know if they delayed the game if we dont pay attention to the news =P?
As soon as they post some (good) news on this, the supression will be ended.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

News Supression Pact

Unread postby hahakocka » 29 Jan 2006, 19:07

I think with this all petition and threating things you will just achieve that Heroes 5 will be never release:))))))))))))) (we have seen many games like that so I have many experience about that) And if it comes true you who had a madness imagination about the final game, (all) will punished::))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) So heavily.

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

News Supression Pact

Unread postby hahakocka » 29 Jan 2006, 19:10

And you must belive in Ubisoft because they made any good games. :)))) (for exammple: The new Princes, Splinter Cells , Beyond good and evil etc.)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 29 Jan 2006, 19:11

Never released? Naah, the game needs a month or two extra, not years.

Oh, and: Mod Note: thread cleansed of doubleposts.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

News Supression Pact

Unread postby dragonn » 29 Jan 2006, 19:13

Sorry bout' that :P

I wonder when the game will be released. I've got some hard exams after March... I will have to sacrifice them I suppose :P:P:P
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 29 Jan 2006, 19:28

Depending on how soon after March- hopefully not :D

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

News Supression Pact

Unread postby Vision » 29 Jan 2006, 19:40

http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/News/Info.aspx?nId=2069

News about Ubisoft's announcement of Heroes 5.... EARLY 2006. That is in fiscal terms Q1. Q1 ends on March 31.

Now, as for premature, I do not think so. If they had already decided to delay the game, as some of you state, dont you think that there would have been an official announcement on the official site or forums? A gamespot attack on the petition is not official. I say attack because of two things. First, there is no official statement. Second, they "edited" their story after to "stress" that the delay (which is not official) was NOT known about prior to the Open Beta starting.

This news suppression is needed to tell Ubi that we are willing to do anything we have to in order to make sure we have a playable game on release. One that does not become a patchwork of patches, as H4 did.

@hahakocka: if h5 is released extremely poorly, or not at all, all the fan sites would die anyway. I would rather see the sites die in one big boom than gradually, and I am sure that others feel the same way, or this "grand blackout" would not have happened.
Edited on Sun, Jan 29 2006, 12:41 by Vision

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

News Supression Pact

Unread postby Veldrynus » 29 Jan 2006, 19:44

@ Corribus

Lol, your example is completely irrelevant. You're absolutely unable to get my point. Pathetic...
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Kilfire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kilfire » 29 Jan 2006, 19:45

Arzang wrote:
Kilfire wrote:This pact strikes me as being a bit premature. Ubi are a big company, you can't expect them to react as fast as the community does.
yet another lame argument. WHY do we have to wait for them to react?
Because although companies are supposed to make rational profit-maximising decisions, those decisions get made by people. Let's not irritate those people when it will achieve nothing - and asking a large company to change course over a weekend will achieve nothing.

It also demonstrates a lack of understanding of who you're talking to. It's enough that the community is small enough for Ubi to ignore if they so wish. Let's not give them an easy excuse.
Arzang wrote: let's say that tomorrow they say something along the lines of: "we had already planned a summer release. we just didn't have the time to tell you blabla.". what will be the effect? nothing. this pact may have been a bit early, causing a day or two of news suppression but other than that nothing bad would've happened.
...apart from souring relations between the parties, no...
Arzang wrote: now say the situation is otherwise and the game IS slated for an early release; would you then say that this pact was in any way or how bad?

it's still better to be safe than sorry.
I never said it was bad, only premature. Good idea, poor timing. There would be no loss of "safety" in waiting a few days. If Ubi were determined to release H5 on March 31st, they don't have to commit to that until the end of February.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 29 Jan 2006, 19:51

Kilfire wrote: It also demonstrates a lack of understanding of who you're talking to. It's enough that the community is small enough for Ubi to ignore if they so wish. Let's not give them an easy excuse.
Err- we're talking almost every website dedicated to Heroes here. It's what's supposed to keep the game alive until they've managed to create an expansion, or the next game in the series. They can't totally ignore us.
I never said it was bad, only premature. Good idea, poor timing. There would be no loss of "safety" in waiting a few days. If Ubi were determined to release H5 on March 31st, they don't have to commit to that until the end of February.
Nope. With almost a month's work of distributing the game, they are pretty much forced to decide now: what to continue work on and what to cut (because they'll probably have to cut a lot).

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

News Supression Pact

Unread postby King Imp » 29 Jan 2006, 19:52

[Vision quote: Now, as for premature, I do not think so. If they had already decided to delay the game, as some of you state, dont you think that there would have been an official announcement on the official site or forums?]

Once again, this was done on a WEEKEND. Secondly, what makes you think they are so quick to update that site when they STILL have only announced 3 of the 6 factions? They aren't exactly the quickest bunch.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 29 Jan 2006, 19:54

In the past, communication has gone through the forum. What's to say it won't be like that again. Then it would only be a matter of minutes to write something.

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

News Supression Pact

Unread postby Vision » 29 Jan 2006, 21:10

They havent updated the factions on there yet, true... BUT

THEY ANNOUNCED MY TOURNAMENT AT THE ORACLE LEAGUE!!! This was done on BOTH the UK and the US sites! Come on. Something this big, if it was set, is REQUIRED to be updated quickly. THEY CALLED GAMESPOT!!!! TWICE!!!

alchemy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

News Supression Pact

Unread postby alchemy » 29 Jan 2006, 21:18

I think this is too harsh. You guys should understand that if Ubisoft did not buy the Heroes franchise, then we would all be lounging around making new maps for H4 or H3. You guys should be happy for that the Heroes game will continue and remember that a game will never be perfect. Yet I also get that this plan will only be temporary because as someone said before Nival only has to make a statement confirming the delay.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

News Supression Pact

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 29 Jan 2006, 21:41

OT: Will the people who are quoting other people PLEASE ACTUALLY USE THE QUOTE KEYS?? Or something similar? It would only take about ten more seconds to type and it's rather jarring to read without them.
Image Image Image

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 29 Jan 2006, 21:42

Kareeah Indaga wrote:OT: Will the people who are quoting other people PLEASE ACTUALLY USE THE QUOTE KEYS?? Or something similar? It would only take about ten more seconds to type and it's rather jarring to read without them.
I've brought this up in the bugs section - it's a problem caused by people who post from the RT boards. The quoting function is not carried over, unfortunatey.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 29 Jan 2006, 22:37

alchemy wrote:I think this is too harsh. You guys should understand that if Ubisoft did not buy the Heroes franchise, then we would all be lounging around making new maps for H4 or H3. You guys should be happy for that the Heroes game will continue and remember that a game will never be perfect. Yet I also get that this plan will only be temporary because as someone said before Nival only has to make a statement confirming the delay.
Certainly we don't expect a game to be perfect, since this is an impossibility, but I suppose we, as the community, do want a game that is finished. Anyone who has played the beta knows of the problems that exist in this game. Heck, only duel mode is really functional.(And even then it is chock full of balance issues...)

I am happy that the game line is going to be continued, but I am not going to simply buy the game because of the name. Even suggesting that is a bit strange in my mind...
Hell has frozen over...

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

News Supression Pact

Unread postby Sir Charles » 29 Jan 2006, 22:42

What is the reason for the News Suppression Pact? It is to garner the attention of Ubisoft AND the press to our continuing concerns. Is it threatening in any way? No. We're simply not posting new info about their game. They've gone quiet...so now we have as well. Maybe now they'll speak up in all the silence. What is the GOAL of the News Suppression Pact? That more and more fans will speak up about the concerns of a rushed game. And that the press will cover this event and thus put pressure on the Ubisoft execs to speak up or they'll risk being the focus of negative news coverage for an upcoming game. Coverage of a game just prior to it's release is a VERY important thing to a game-maker.

So to sum up, we don't have any vicious intent here, folks. We're not hurting anyone. We just want to get their attention and get them to speak up. We tried shouting at them for weeks now, we tried the petition and going thru the press, but they remained silent. So we're just following their example. Maybe they'll come out of hiding. *crosses fingers*

We're not doing this to "get our way". Sure, we HOPE they'll make the right decision, but we're really only doing this to get them to speak up. If they speak up and say that they're pushing it out in march...so be it. We'll lift the suppression and voice our concerns even louder. Because it'll KILL the series. There's simply no doubt on that point.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

News Supression Pact

Unread postby hahakocka » 29 Jan 2006, 23:04

ANGELSPIT: Do you Agree with the sign of the petition ?? Because you were a closed beta tester and was it different to this open beta

or not just say so a little about it if you can. Thanks.

You must know more about Heroes 5 franchise and for the final version that what can might be look like now,

Return to “News”