Dungeon Alternate Upgrades

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 23 May 2007, 12:34

For all I care they can drop those corsets in favor of bikinis, and I wouldn't mind thongs either now that I think about it.
Infiltrator out.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 23 May 2007, 12:54

"Who the heck puts armor on a dragon?? :disagree:

What kind of dragon is it if it needs armor??

:disagree: :disagree:"

To make em look fiercer and put even more fear into the enemy hearts. It works for me, the red and black one slooks even more meaner than the emerald and rainbow dragons.

"The Red Dragon costs the same amount of gold as the Shadow Dragon (3.700) and far less than the Black Dragon (4.500).

I noticed the same trend for the alternative Sylvan dragon. So, apparently, the top tier creatures will all become cheaper in TotE."

Maybe, I just hope the first set of upg anyway will be a bit cheaper, or it will be unbalanced and the fans will propably choose the new upgs all the time, which scares me.

Wraith
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wraith » 23 May 2007, 12:54

red dragon armor is bretty cool. i dont mind for that.acidic hydras acid blood sounds really interesting.like stalkers invisibility and red dragons incinerate.and also sylvans rainbow dragons rainbow breath

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 23 May 2007, 12:55

Yeah. And i like all the new alternate upgrades, hope this trend will continue :)

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 23 May 2007, 15:10

Jolly Joker, thanks for actually bringing some logic into this. Indecent appearance must be taken in context - in dark elven society, their appearance would probably be perfectly decent.

"Fischnet stockings.. Fisnet Gloves, spikes snd Corsets.. Looks like mi girlfrend when we go to a Club... Bwt they Listen to Metal and Hard rock all the time... they all look like they had just come back form a Metal festival.. I reail like this.. "

I agree. That is my thought too. :) Dungeon looks like an assortment of heavy metal fans. I hate the mask on the Mistress, so I hope they fix this.

Szaman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Szaman » 23 May 2007, 15:56

I think the alternate upgrades will be a nice addition to the game. The screenshots look pretty good, and the abilities are ok too. However, we won't see how it will really be until we see that 'at work.' Oh and for the Rainbow Dragon not being really in colors of rainbow or Red Dragon not being actually red; maybe Ubival wanted to come back to the roots--> remember the Dragon in Homm1, which was from Black Tower but was actually... purple :)

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 23 May 2007, 16:02

that Dragon looks prety red to me... at least red enought to be caled a Red Dragon...

-thing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby -thing » 23 May 2007, 16:32

What mask? To me it seems the Shadow Mistress has a spiky headpiece an some facepaint.

I will be extremely surprised if Rainbow Breath is something more than just the standard dragon breath with a different name, Acid Blood also sounds like it's just Fire Shield with a different name and animation.

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 23 May 2007, 16:35

Yeah, it looks like some sort of warpaint after a careful look. Still looks weird. They should give the Mistress spikes like the Shadow Matriarch has since she is actually primarily engaged in melee.

hein321
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby hein321 » 23 May 2007, 19:12

well i still think the dungeon faction is silly and that's all i am gonna say,next subject
Edited on Wed, May 23 2007, 13:10 by hein321

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 23 May 2007, 20:55

She dont need spikes when she has a deadly, fiery whip...spank em all o mighty mistress! :D

Btw I assume the red dragon wont be immune to any spells, to balance things out in comparison to the black one.
Edited on Wed, May 23 2007, 13:56 by Orfinn

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 23 May 2007, 21:22

Spikes are useful if say someone tries to immobilise her. But the whip looks fantastic. :)

Odish
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Odish » 23 May 2007, 21:55

actually the mistress whip doesn't look firey(?), it looks like some enrgy. made me think of "spaceballs" and "May the shwarts be with you" :rofl:
goota love that movie

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 24 May 2007, 06:31

To Campaigner:

Well, thats just how the Dark Elven society should look IMO. If their women aren't whorish, then those aren't the Dark Elves any longer because they no longer represent the opposite of the human morales: whoring, sex in public, coldblood killing, laughing when someone suffer, enslaving, oppresing the weak, killing someone just for fun or because he said a wrong letter, etc.

IMO, Nival did a great job here, but in storyline they should have been a bit more vicious and males should be downgraded.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 24 May 2007, 07:13

So in other words, just call them Drow.
IMO, Nival did a great job here, but in storyline they should have been a bit more vicious and males should be downgraded.
That would have made it very tricky for Raelag to get anything done.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Monteniger
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Monteniger » 24 May 2007, 08:56

I"f their women aren't whorish, then those aren't the Dark Elves any longer because they no longer represent the opposite of the human morales"

Ubisoft should really make some RPG game where you can visit Dungeon towns :P and be a Dark Elf yourself...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Dungeon Alternate Upgrades

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 May 2007, 12:41

Sauron wrote:"To Campaigner:
Well, thats just how the Dark Elven society should look IMO. If their women aren't whorish, then those aren't the Dark Elves any longer because they no longer represent the opposite of the human morales: whoring, sex in public, coldblood killing, laughing when someone suffer, enslaving, oppresing the weak, killing someone just for fun or because he said a wrong letter, etc."

Yeah, those bastards don't even have the decency to publicly condemn all those things they enjoy. They're the complete opposite of humans.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 24 May 2007, 12:47

Sauron wrote:To Campaigner:
Well, thats just how the Dark Elven society should look IMO. If their women aren't whorish, then those aren't the Dark Elves any longer because they no longer represent the opposite of the human morales: whoring, sex in public, coldblood killing, laughing when someone suffer, enslaving, oppresing the weak, killing someone just for fun or because he said a wrong letter, etc.

opposite of the human? Shouldn`t that be opposite of the "normal" Elf?
And i said this some time ago and i`ll repeat, they should "delete" all male dungeon heroes. First thing, from unit list it`s clear that females are dominant in their society so it`s kinda strange that there are many male heroes. Another thing is hero model, they would have to create only one for females and it would look nice(look at Inferno females using male models :disagree: ). About their campaign- it sucked in representing their society. First thing, male became their great leader. Second thing, they looked like good guys. So after such campaign it really looks strange that their females are dressing like whores yet they are noble and good guys. Another bad thing about campaigns- there was only one campaign where we played for bad guys.
Omega_Destroyer wrote:That would have made it very tricky for Raelag to get anything done.
It was stupid to make him a dark elf in the first place(comment of the story writers that it was easier for dark elf to spy in empire than for a demon was gold, in other words it made no sense in big picture).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 May 2007, 12:59

Yup, doing the right thing always affects the way you dress.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 24 May 2007, 15:56

Firstly, they resemble the Drow, but not completely. Secondly, I agree that the way they've been represented in the campaign sucks. I seriously doubt a Keeper of the Law would take orders from a lovestruck semi-moron like Raelag. If anything Eruina should've been the campaign hero. I don't agree on removing all male warlocks though. Thralsai and Eruina are typical dark elves IMO - ruthless, bloodthirsty and powerful. Thirdly, if the women show off their bodies to flaunt their power, it ain't whoring... Although I doubt dark elves of either gender are particularly conservative in this regard.

And yes, only humans publicly condemn things yet do them anyway. :) Dark elves really don't give a damn.

Return to “News”