Pocket Heroes Coming Soon

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 29 Apr 2007, 16:28

With more and more people figuring out half of the things that went wrong with H5 are actually because of Ubi, not all Nival, things like what I read above are only making Ubi less popular among its buyers. It's a kind of 'Ubi going against the fans' - as they don't seem to be willing to do anything to allow this project to reach our PDA's - official or unofficial.

The only thing that is still unclear to me, is whether or not Ubi owns the rights over the use of the content of any previous HoMM game (as I thought they did). If they don't, then I don't get what they can do to stop it. If they actually do, then I guess the only way this project could exist, would be sth somehow similar to WoG or Equilibris - a free application, however in this case with the possibility to make donations to the developing team (as they are not just improving over the existing, but rebuilding everything on a totally new platform, and I can imagine that takes more resources).

@PH team: Good luck, but be cautious. ;)
@Ubi: Take care you don't make a too unpopular move on the above, but try to show you care also about what we want.

Cheers!
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 29 Apr 2007, 17:02

:/ is HOMM2 really abandonware? last time i checked, all the main abandonware sites (underdogs, abandonia, etc) had it with a price?

but it looks great, so good luck! although you might want to find some legality pro to be secure.

it looks better than Strategonia (the homm-clone slava is making for phones). (then again, pocketPC games always look better). Strategonia also reused some h2 art, i wonder if they have received some threats.

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 29 Apr 2007, 17:48

The graphics look really nice and bring back some really good memories..If I had a PDA or whatever, I'd probably purchase this. I'll have to go look for the old H2 disc to play now....

Return to “News”