Heroes V on the Mac

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Heroes V on the Mac

Unread postby Angelspit » 12 Jan 2006, 14:25

I found a rather interesting press release on <a href="/http://www.gametab.com/news/460765/">Blue's News</a> this morning:

<blockquote>"Freeverse announced today that it will be publishing Heroes of Might and Magic® V for the Macintosh, under exclusive worldwide license from Ubisoft. Currently in development for the PC by Nival Interactive, Heroes of Might and Magic V brings the popular and long running strategy franchise into a new era with cutting-edge technology and a breathtaking, fully 3D animated world. Heroes of Might and Magic V for the Macintosh will be available after the release of the PC game. (...) The Heroes series has a long and illustrious history on the Mac, and we're thrilled to be partnering with Ubisoft to bring this exciting new game to Mac gamers around the world," said Ian Lynch Smith, President of Freeverse."</blockquote>

The Mac version of Heroes IV shipped with several bugs and its expansion packs were never published, although 3DO was to be held responsible, not the company that performed the port (Contraband Entertainment). Let's hope Heroes V for the Mac will receive a better treatment.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1137075942
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Heroes V on the Mac

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Jan 2006, 14:29

Well, let's hope so, shall we.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Richard Hallas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V on the Mac

Unread postby Richard Hallas » 12 Jan 2006, 16:05

Absolutely terrific news! The original Freeverse press release can be found here (on Freeverse's own site):

http://news.freeverse.com/archives/001110.php

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes V on the Mac

Unread postby Arzang » 12 Jan 2006, 22:02

Well Heroes 4 for PC wasn't over the top either when it got released. I remember buying it with my own money and for me at that time, that was several months worth of money and I never was a good saver.

the game was good and all but it most definitely was an acquired taste more than anything. especially since multiplayer was lacking/nonexistant.

let's just hope mac players can battle against pc players. if not; I'll do a lobotomy on myself so I lose the ability to bear with human stupidity. What good reason would there be not to let me play against mac players?

the main thing I look forward to about H5 is the online capability. it seems to me that Ubisoft will be able to support online better than 3do could.
Edited on Thu, Jan 12 2006, 16:55 by Arzang

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Heroes V on the Mac

Unread postby Sikon » 13 Jan 2006, 05:24

That's good news, but what I'm really looking forward to is a Linux version. Although it's about as likely as the probability that I'm Fabrice's aunt.

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes V on the Mac

Unread postby Paladin » 13 Jan 2006, 08:09

Couldn't care less for the Mac version.
A cat is fine too...

dalriada
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V on the Mac

Unread postby dalriada » 13 Jan 2006, 09:38

Kudos to Freeverse to bring a great game to a great platform. My PowerBook's awaiting eagerly.

Hambone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V on the Mac

Unread postby Hambone » 17 Jan 2006, 19:47

I've created a great new community site for following the progress of the HOMM•V OSX port at:

http://hommv.utopos.net

We've already scored an interview with Freeverse Software about the port! Mac users should come check us out.

"The adding features part depends on the end of the patch plan." -- Fabrice Cambounet

Return to “News”