Fabrice Q&A - the Expansion and the Future

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 13 Nov 2006, 20:45

Do they even listen to any suggestions from fans?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Nov 2006, 20:52

But of course they do.They will bring caravans back.The fact that fans almost threatened to rip their throats out if they dont has nothing to do with that :devil:

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 13 Nov 2006, 20:55

Fans literally threatened to rip out there throats? :S

Bloodstar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Q&A: the Expansion and the Future

Unread postby Bloodstar » 13 Nov 2006, 20:56

To DemianLucifer:

You can threaten them to play them Turbo Folk music for three days non stop if they don't listen to us :)

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 13 Nov 2006, 20:57

Now that's just cruel Bloodstar.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Bloodstar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bloodstar » 13 Nov 2006, 21:00

@Omega Destroyer

LOL :)

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 13 Nov 2006, 21:01

turbo folk music? LOL! Sounds funny, but I don't think I've heard Folk Music.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Q&A: the Expansion and the Future

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Nov 2006, 21:03

Sir Charles wrote:"Yes, I agree that would be a better solution. It would help pacify the impatient people out there. But let's be honest, people would STILL complain about anything that DIDN'T get put into patch A or patch B."

How do you know that until you've actualy tried?! :devious:

And they do listen to the fans... the russian fans. Guess the whole True/Real fan thing was to complicated for them. :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 13 Nov 2006, 21:11

I've just contacted Fabrice to get his input on this matter. I'm just not sure what the best method is to put in suggestions or to report bugs and stuff. The forums seem like the likeliest place, but that depends upon who reads the forums and who needs to know the info. I'm betting that Ubi needs to get the comments and then forward them to Nival. Once I hear back I'll let you guys know.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 13 Nov 2006, 21:13

The Mad Dragon wrote:turbo folk music? LOL! Sounds funny, but I don't think I've heard Folk Music.
You are a lucky man Dragon.

The smaller patch idea would have been a nice.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Nov 2006, 21:14

The Mad Dragon wrote:turbo folk music? LOL! Sounds funny
Untill you hear it.After that,it sounds dreadfull :disagree:

Bloodstar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bloodstar » 13 Nov 2006, 21:19

@ Sir Charles:

much appreciated, that is the way to go man :)

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 13 Nov 2006, 21:26

Considering the time, I might not hear back until tomorrow. It's already evening time in France I believe.

*pulls out his sliderule*

Okay, convert US central time into Paris time.....carry the one.......multiply by 24......

*breaks sliderule after pinching a finger*

Umm...yep, it's night-time there. I'm sure of it. *grin*
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Nov 2006, 21:29

You could also direct him here: viewtopic.php?t=1884&start=0
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 13 Nov 2006, 22:32

Just heard from him. *surprised considering the time*

The most efficient way is to e-mail him or PM him. Posting a bug or a suggestion on a forum is VERY likely to go overlooked. Moderators will sometimes forward forum info to Fabrice, but not very often.

And this suggestion is from me, not him. Don't just send him a link to this forum's bug list. Because quite simply put, many of those "bugs" haven't been confirmed. Especially since they were originally spotted. So I'd suggest you only send ones you've PERSONALLY witnessed and confirmed. As for game suggestions....just because they don't use the suggestions doesn't mean they don't listen to them. There are quite often reasons that they choose to not include something....you might not agree with those reasons, but allow them to have an opinion on matters just like you expect to be allowed yours. :O)

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 13 Nov 2006, 22:45

This thread must be heading for a new CH reccord O-o
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing!
-Edmund Burke

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 13 Nov 2006, 22:47

CH record?

Gaping_MAW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gaping_MAW » 13 Nov 2006, 23:18

wow, there are some stressed out puppies in this thread.

I've been following the HOMM series since time immemorial, and I've got to say that it's now (after a few patches) a lot of fun to play. I can understand people being not to happy about lack of allied play in hotseat (mods fixed that very early on) and some MP problems, but the game has been playable and enjoyable for a long time.

You people carrying on about the paperdoll need to take a chill pill.. how long do you really spend in that screen? I tend to find that most of my time is in the adventure map, combat and city screens... and they look fine and dandy to me. The new paperdoll works fine.. be happy. At least the HOMM series is back on track!

It ALWAYS takes 1 version of the game to get the money rolling in, and then it is easier for the developer and financial backers to commit to making improvements. It is not reality to expect perfection first up.

I agree that they should patch smaller, but that depends on how their QA works - and their business systems may be set up such that they can't poke out small patches every week or two... it may simply be more efficient for their resources to have a larger patch and one crack at QA every month or two. Hopefully they can improve, but be thankful they are still patching (unlike EA does with its games).

This game is great - not perfect no, but a helluva lot of fun. It's the only game my wife likes to play :)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Q&A: the Expansion and the Future

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Nov 2006, 23:29

Gaping_MAW wrote:You people carrying on about the paperdoll need to take a chill pill.. how long do you really spend in that screen?
So what?Graphics is the least important part of a TBS,yet they invested so much in it.If they can invest so much in the least important thing,they need to invest quite a lot more in everything else.Besides,paper doll was excelent in HIII and especially in HIV.When something goes from good to bad,I have every right to complain.
Gaping_MAW wrote: I tend to find that most of my time is in the adventure map, combat and city screens... and they look fine and dandy to me.
Except for the adventure map I find them only average at best.And thats when I dont consider the camera,which is awful.
Gaping_MAW wrote: The new paperdoll works fine.. be happy. At least the HOMM series is back on track!
No It doesnt,no I wont and no its not.
Gaping_MAW wrote: It ALWAYS takes 1 version of the game to get the money rolling in, and then it is easier for the developer and financial backers to commit to making improvements. It is not reality to expect perfection first up.
*sigh*!Dungeon keeper,empire earth,civilization,starcraft,original heroes,diablo,baldurs gate,fallout,...Now what was that again?Something about the first game has to be bad or something?

Gaping_MAW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gaping_MAW » 14 Nov 2006, 00:17

so, you don't like it. I like it. Fine :) I'm happy, you are not. Point Established.

Why keep whinging on here about it? Do you think people like seeing your same rants over and over. Make your point, then be quiet about it. Your repeated negative posts (read: whines) only hurt the game's community... how will that help fix the game up to your standards?

You also seem to live in la-la land. Games are made on limited time and money. They will never be perfect. Of course they will use an expansion to bring in more revenue to add more features. That's how it works. If you don't like it, make your own game, or don't buy any :) , but please stop hurting my eyes with your repeated tirades.

Oh btw, none of those games you listed were perfect first up. But I'm sure you'll disagree. Must be a glass half-full, half-empty thing.

That will be all ;)_MAW_MAW
Edited on Mon, Nov 13 2006, 17:21 by Gaping_MAW

Return to “News”