What's New in WoG

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

What's New in WoG

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 20 Sep 2006, 20:49

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1158785109
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Sep 2006, 21:11

This is still news, but, please follow my guidance to our FAQ, links to all projects are here. Actually Bastion itself is hosted on CH... :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

What's New in WoG

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 20 Sep 2006, 21:19

You see, I don't go on the forums really, I don't see why I should, because all the news I need makes it to CH, and there is little reason for me to post here AND in the forums, since most people who visit here visit there as well.

Wait, I see you said to check the forum for correcting WoG info, are you saying that all my info was wrong? Oh my god...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Sep 2006, 21:35

Oh, man, you must live slower! The info is ok, but correct links you will found from our FAQ, Project section, by clicking on Bastion image.

Thanks Kalah for link repairs ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

What's New in WoG

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 21 Sep 2006, 00:09

Thanks for making appropriate changes guys. I'll try to make a better post next time.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

What's New in WoG

Unread postby asandir » 21 Sep 2006, 00:20

i thought it wasn't too bad .... had a look and it does look pretty cool
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

What's New in WoG

Unread postby Fnord » 21 Sep 2006, 05:32

Good information, CloudRiderX, but two of the links don't lead where the text says they lead.

Your neutral WoG monsters link actually takes us to the Bastion town creatures page (which is a good place to link to, but not a list of neutral WoG monsters) and your Commander List link takes us to the Bastion town Heroes (again, nice to link to but not Commanders).
Edited on Wed, Sep 20 2006, 23:33 by Fnord
- Fnord

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Sep 2006, 10:41

List of new features, here.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

What's New in WoG

Unread postby Pol » 21 Sep 2006, 11:19

Shake, do not stirr. And it is done ;)
"We made it!"

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

What's New in WoG

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 21 Sep 2006, 13:19

@Fnord

Originally, I had found pages via Google search of the neutral monsters and commanders for WoG on Strategy Planet, but when I entered the hyperlinks it said they didn't exist anymore. I don't get it, but Kalah changed it to another website for me just so there was a link at least. Sorry, I don't know what happened.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

What's New in WoG

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 21 Sep 2006, 13:29

Oh, I see now. when I post here on CH, it goes up on the forums anyway. That's pretty convenient, I should probably check it out more often.

Can anyone tell me why it says 'Blood Fury' under my name?

Also, the first comment on the forum looks like me saying where to find the original page, but I never said that. Did anyone edit my comment or something?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 21 Sep 2006, 13:40

Blood Fury is your current status based on your number of posts.

The "original page" is generated automatically when you post some news. It takes you to your article on the main page. For general articles, whoever posts the first comment is credited with the "original page" message in the forum.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Sep 2006, 14:07

"As we are growing, we are learning things, till we realized that never will be young enough to learn them all. But keep trying." :-p

I provided links and Kalah authority, so do not worry, now they are all ok.

Ch and forum is connected, but reason why your links weren't working is that you had search google archives and thus linked pages which were here in some ancient history, I thought that they existed even year before but I may be wrong.

If you get it from the better side, you had kicked us(me) to put on whole one page to support your article :devious:
(That was planned anyway with the realizing new WoG site and Archives but it's going slowly beyond imagination of mere human)
"We made it!"

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

What's New in WoG

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 21 Sep 2006, 18:49

Thanks Angelspit and Pol. Thats a really nice WoG page.

I didn't know that Google showed pages that had already dissappeared or didn't exist, pretty strange.

Since there is already a WoG section on CH, I guess I won't have to add them to the current creature lists I worked on previously, so I'll skip WoG and move onto the next obstacle.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

What's New in WoG

Unread postby Fnord » 21 Sep 2006, 19:09

CloudRiderX, that page that Pol uploaded is the "New Features" HTML document that you get when you install WoG 3.58f, but not everyone who plays WoG reads it and since it has almost all of the information, it's a good place for people to read about what WoG offers. The 3.58f version was greatly expanded and improved over the earlier versions by Acid Dragon and includes some original monster stories by Marcus the Red and one by me (others are by Slava I believe, but some have been edited or expanded by Marcus or myself).

As for creature listings, I think the document/page is currently missing the creature levels plus there's no strategy tips or detailed explanation of the special abilities (just a brief mention), so these would both be useful and perhaps at some future point in time Pol will add them. :)
Edited on Thu, Sep 21 2006, 13:11 by Fnord
- Fnord

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

What's New in WoG

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 21 Sep 2006, 19:20

"As for creature listings, I think the document/page is currently missing the creature levels plus there's no strategy tips or detailed explanation of the special abilities (just a brief mention), so these would both be useful and perhaps at some future point in time Pol will add them. :)"

Oh, I didn't realize it was missing some things. We can't have that!

I would be willing to add the WoG creatures to the H3 section if it would be convenient for you, Pol. I keep forgetting to order a copy of Shadow of Death, so I can't get WoG just yet, but I will soon.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

What's New in WoG

Unread postby Fnord » 21 Sep 2006, 20:53

"As for creature listings, I think the document/page is currently missing the creature levels"

Just to clarify, I should have written "...missing the neutral creature levels" since the Level 8 creatures are all Level 8 (obviously). :)

And sure, adding them to your H3 listings would be good but I think there's no immediate rush and it would be better to wait until you've got and played with WoG a bit so you can try the creatures out and give appropriate tips.
- Fnord

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

What's New in WoG

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 21 Sep 2006, 21:14

Of course. I will probably get around to that sometime this month or the next.

For the level 8 creatures, do you suggest I put them on the same page as their corresponding faction?

i.e. I put Supreme Archangel pic and info on Castle page and list it as 'neutral castle unit' and note that it is only available in WoG. Neutral pics would go on the currently existing neutral page.

or....I could make a WoG page for all of them. The first one would be nice because no extra page templates are required to put the info on.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

What's New in WoG

Unread postby Fnord » 21 Sep 2006, 23:24

The Level 8 creatures aren't neutral--they have the same alignment as the associated towns.

You could do it either way -- listing them on the same page as the towns is fine if you make it VERY CLEAR that they're only available in WoG (and only with the appropriate options enabled), and of course, they're also only available if you capture an external dwelling. :)
Edited on Thu, Sep 21 2006, 18:21 by Fnord
- Fnord

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

What's New in WoG

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 23 Sep 2006, 18:24

Alright, I found an old copy of SoD that i thought I lost! I patched it up and got the latest version of WoG(3.58 right?). Expect updates to the creature list in the near future, maybe a month at most. :)

Return to “News”