CH Manual Appendix Updated

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 08 Aug 2006, 20:14

As promised earlier, the now separate appendix to the CH manual has been updated and released. It contains info on the workings of the thieves guilds and marketplace exchange rates, as well as other things get it here.

Work on this appendix begun before the release of the manual approved by Ubisoft, but seeing as the autors of that are able to get their info directly from Ubival, we won't be continuing to update ours. Instead, we will be focusing on other ways to improve the Heroes V experience.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1155068087
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

maareek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby maareek » 08 Aug 2006, 21:52

After unpacking the file I couldn't open it. An error saying the file is damaged and can not be opened appeared. COuld you guys retry posting the new guide?

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 09 Aug 2006, 00:49

ditto

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 09 Aug 2006, 01:01

The link in the forum looked weird (but the one on the front page is fine) -- it works on both places now.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 09 Aug 2006, 02:53

The file seems fine to me. Thanks for the updated info! Somehow I like the appendix much more than the rest. :)

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 09 Aug 2006, 07:53

hmm, well, i tried again and i still get the same message; file is corrupted and cannot be opened.

I'm using an older version of acrobat (5) because that's the latest copy i have with the editor built in. think that might be the issue?

EDIT:

yup. that's it. newer version of acrobat opened it fine. Might want to make a note as to the minimum version of acrobat needed to open the file (5 is not sufficient, I'm guessing 7 or later).

Edited on Wed, Aug 09 2006, 02:28 by Sir_Toejam

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Aug 2006, 08:43

Or you may use FoxIt for viewing pdf. A little faster and little smaller. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kildor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kildor » 09 Aug 2006, 10:57

I just wanted to say Thank You for all the hard work you've seem to put into this! I just printed out all the stuff (Manual + Appendix) and bound it with hardcover. I love it!
"He does know about second breakfast, doesn't he?"

Kildor, the Halfling

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Re: CH Manual Appendix Updated

Unread postby Robenhagen » 09 Aug 2006, 15:49

Sir_Toejam wrote:... Might want to make a note as to the minimum version of acrobat needed to open the file (5 is not sufficient, I'm guessing 7 or later).
Actually Acrobat 6.0 is enough. Thanks for pointing it out, since we obviously forgot :tsup:
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby VortexD » 09 Aug 2006, 16:48

I think it's still possible to export files to Acrobat v5 compatibilty, in turn you might miss some features from later Acrobats as well as the possibility that the file is a bit larger.

Anyway, cool thanks for the manual appendix!
Edited on Wed, Aug 09 2006, 10:49 by VortexD
When someone asks whether your glass is half full or half empty, always say your glass is entirely full. The actual contents of the glass is not relevant.

Return to “News”