Arkane Answers Questions

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Arkane Answers Questions

Unread postby Angelspit » 29 Jul 2006, 13:06

There is an ongoing discussion (the Question of the Day, <i>QOTD</i>) between fans and the developers of Dark Messiah on the <a href="/http://www.mightandmagic.com/uk/">official portal</a>. Five answers have been posted until now. I found the following two quotes particularly interesting:

<b>On the open-endness</b>: "The game will definitely be more Half Life-like. It is very action-oriented, and the world is not open-ended. We made this decision because we had to build each level very carefully in order to allow you to use the environment. This is not the type of thing you can do at a huge scale."

<b>On returning characters</b>: "Well, surely we do not want to spoil anything here. ? However we can tell you that some actors from Heroes of Might and Magic V will return in Dark Messiah, though you may not necessarily meet them “physically”..."

I'm not sure what that means, but I can't wait to find out. We also learn that the game will be easily moddable: tools will be provided to the community and a map editor might be available even before the game is released. Read the rest <a href="/http://www.mightandmagic.com/uk/">here</a>.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1154178363
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jul 2006, 13:28

On returning characters: Lets hope that we don't meet them physicaly. Or if we do lets hope we can hurt them... :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Arkane Answers Questions

Unread postby Orfinn » 29 Jul 2006, 13:33

"The game will definitely be more Half Life-like. It is very action-oriented, and the world is not open-ended. We made this decision because we had to build each level very carefully in order to allow you to use the environment. This is not the type of thing you can do at a huge scale."

Sigh, well I just hope it wont be too LINEAR and short, when it comes to the campaign mode. Which is a flaw for many FPS games out there.
Edited on Sat, Jul 29 2006, 07:34 by Orfinn

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Arkane Answers Questions

Unread postby Ethric » 29 Jul 2006, 15:57

Angelspit wrote:
<b>On returning characters</b>: "Well, surely we do not want to spoil anything here. ? However we can tell you that some actors from Heroes of Might and Magic V will return in Dark Messiah, though you may not necessarily meet them “physically”..."
Oh joy, the voiceacting in dark messiah will be from the same people that brought you the greatness of H5 :D
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Arkane Answers Questions

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 30 Jul 2006, 02:07

Well, at least we already know that their mouths will move. :P

Sweet, map editor BEFORE game release!? It would be nice if Arkane could do HOMM 6 for us...
Edited on Sat, Jul 29 2006, 20:09 by CloudRiderX
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Jul 2006, 07:08

Ethric wrote: Oh joy, the voiceacting in dark messiah will be from the same people that brought you the greatness of H5 :D
I took it to be frenglish for "some characters..."

aaeglr is probably one of them. Wonder what he'll call himself this ime?
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Arkane Answers Questions

Unread postby VortexD » 30 Jul 2006, 13:00

I think Agrael will return this time as Eragal the Wizard. I realy didn't mind the voice-acting. Just knowing we'll have some lip-movement courtesy of the Source Engine is enough.
When someone asks whether your glass is half full or half empty, always say your glass is entirely full. The actual contents of the glass is not relevant.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Arkane Answers Questions

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Jul 2006, 19:56

i think they meant that some characters from H5 will be mentioned, or maybe letters be sent by them or something, although you dont actually see them and interact with them.

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 30 Jul 2006, 20:10

"...as if Isabel herself were on our heels!!"

Something like that? ;)

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Arkane Answers Questions

Unread postby asandir » 31 Jul 2006, 00:34

good stuff, and i add my vote to arkane for h6
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Arkane Answers Questions

Unread postby Orfinn » 31 Jul 2006, 08:11

yeah arcane for h6 all the way :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Jul 2006, 14:18

Orfinn wrote:"The game will definitely be more Half Life-like. It is very action-oriented, and the world is not open-ended. We made this decision because we had to build each level very carefully in order to allow you to use the environment. This is not the type of thing you can do at a huge scale."

Sigh, well I just hope it wont be too LINEAR and short, when it comes to the campaign mode. Which is a flaw for many FPS games out there.
Edited on Sat, Jul 29 2006, 07:34 by Orfinn
If they concentrate on HLI,theres nothing to fear.That game is long,chalenging and interesting even now when I know it by hard.

Return to “News”