Patch 1.2 Now Available

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Aurelain
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby Aurelain » 20 Jul 2006, 20:51

The skill hierarchy hasn't changed. Only some descriptions...

(I was expecting a fix for Plague Tent and Resistance, both beloging to the Warlock).

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby Campaigner » 20 Jul 2006, 21:08

Downloading...Oh man I can't wait to see the Hall of Fame :) I wonder if it's built like the Heroes II and III ones. I wonder about the formulas too

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby Caradoc » 20 Jul 2006, 21:20

The automatic update worked well, and much faster than the commercial sites. Highly recommended!
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

davhey
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby davhey » 20 Jul 2006, 21:27

While I am happy to have the HoF... it is a bit underwhelming to look at. It also seems to be per map.... though I'll need to finish a map to prove that out.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby HodgePodge » 20 Jul 2006, 22:24

I just downloaded mine, from the official link, in the official post from Fabrice, on the official UbiSoft Forum … with a dial-up connection. It took almost four hours, but, oh well! :-D
ZireX wrote:Why it says 1.02?Isn't it 1.2?
Here's what Fabrice writes, in the official UbiSoft Forum, about your question:
MuadDib_FC wrote: The file name is version 1.02, this is the 1.2 version ingame and in the readme, dont worry.
You must install the first patch before installing the second one.
The US regular and US limited editions share the same patch.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby LindaG » 21 Jul 2006, 00:32

I thought I installed patch 1.1, but I don't have an auto update anywhere. Just how many patches have there been so far?

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby VortexD » 21 Jul 2006, 01:03

Just two...
When someone asks whether your glass is half full or half empty, always say your glass is entirely full. The actual contents of the glass is not relevant.

quolo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby quolo » 21 Jul 2006, 02:06

Is it me, or is the initiative bar at the bottom acting even more screwy after applying the patch? Half the time, I just don't know what creature or hero I've got a hold of.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Re: Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby LordErtz » 21 Jul 2006, 02:20

quolo wrote:Is it me, or is the initiative bar at the bottom acting even more screwy after applying the patch? Half the time, I just don't know what creature or hero I've got a hold of.
You're not the only one, my friend. It updates after you choose to attack. And when casting spells, if a creature is going to lose its entire stack, it will disappear before the attack starts, but only if the entire stack dies. Same with haste and slow, it changes on the bar before the spell completes or even starts.

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby infael » 21 Jul 2006, 02:22

I have the Euro CE and used the auto updater. Now my Hero trail is grayed out, albeit checked. My hero trail still shows.
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7
-all King's Bounty games; M&M 1-9, HOMM 1-6

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby LordErtz » 21 Jul 2006, 02:33

Well, I just figured it out. The reason that we keep waiting for these patches, and the reason they are so buggy and incomplete and focused on the wrong things is this: the programmers are monkeys.

I'm serious.

Did you see the South park episode about Family Guy, and the manatees are what picks the jokes out for their shows? Same thing, but monkeys are coding our game so that the developer can save $ since all they have to do is feed them bananas.

I've finally conceded t hat we will never have a complete game, the bugs will never, ever be completely eradicated (no, not every bug in every game is always killed, but in this case, it wont even come close) I'm going to go to school for 8 more years after I get my medical degree to become a coder, go to France, and code the entire game over by myself, since it will still be patching 8 years from now :) If you guys can wait that long, I'll perfect it!

There is one solution that will never happen. If Ubival would read our "bugs" forum post, and just fix those damn things, and stop f'ing with the master gremlins, elementals, and whatnot, we'd have a game.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby King Imp » 21 Jul 2006, 05:16

Well said LordErtz. I am really getting quite annoyed with them trying to "fix" things that never had a problem in the first place (i.e. Master Gremlins repairs, stacking Elementals, First Aid Text text saying it's a Plague Tent, etc.)

By doing this, they keep creating more problems than they actually fix.

Edited on Thu, Jul 20 2006, 23:16 by King Imp

Taiche
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby Taiche » 21 Jul 2006, 08:08

LordErtz : since Nival (the developer) is located in Russia, going to France won't help much, I think :)

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 21 Jul 2006, 10:08

Well, once I finally fixed my useless internet connection, I found the 1.1 updater works quite well, taking me about 45 minutes to download (~20kB/sec, about 20 times faster than when I tried to download it manually - my internet connection is usually good, so I assume this was due to bandwidth usage).

I haven't played it yet though. I will later on.

ZireX
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby ZireX » 21 Jul 2006, 10:15

LindaG at 2006-07-20 18:32 wrote:

I thought I installed patch 1.1, but I don't have an auto update anywhere. Just how many patches have there been so far?

I thought i applied the 1.1 patch even in the game it says 1.1 but when I downloaded 1.2 it wanted 1.1 to be installed.Strange.I fixed it by downloading 1.1 patch again.

GatorG
Peasant
Peasant

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby GatorG » 21 Jul 2006, 11:11

Is anyone else disappointed with the Hall of Fame? I liked HoMM IV where they gave you the breakdown of the scores. I'm glad to have scores, but don't know what to focus on in the map to get a better score. G (-:

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby Ryder » 21 Jul 2006, 12:07

Yep, the Hall of Fame is crap.

Infact, ever since I installed the first patch the game has begun to freeze up on me half way through a game. With this new patch, all I got to do was enter a town and it froze. Piece of crap patches too if you ask me.

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 21 Jul 2006, 12:18

If the patches give you issues, just copy the new maps somewhere, reinstall the game, put the maps back, and you're ready to go again.

You naysayers have got to admit, there must be something good in this game that keeps drawing you back if you care enough about it to complain to people like me who can't do anything about it.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby Ryder » 21 Jul 2006, 12:27

Hmmm, reinstall the game you say? Maybe I'll just uninstall it and leave it at that. Either way it's definetly getting shelved for quite a while.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Unread postby Akul » 21 Jul 2006, 13:02

Shame that Hall of Fame isn't like H4 one. I liked to see statistics after the game.

Well, one more thing from H4 that has been craped. Oh well.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Return to “News”