Patch 1.2 Content

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Jul 2006, 13:52

CloudRiderX wrote:Otherwise I would probably be using it.
They mean that you can quit the game while in a fight without using Alt+F4 or things like that.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 18 Jul 2006, 14:58

CloudRiderX wrote:B. Took, H4 does not have an exit battle menu. Otherwise I would probably be using it. :)
Yeah, Heroes 4 does indeed have a complete Combat Options Menu. Along the right side of your screen, there is a panel of buttons just waiting to be clicked.

Choose the one that looks like a computer to bring up the Combat Options Menu. It's all there, Volume, Speed, Shadows, Grid, New, Load, Save, Quit Game!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Jul 2006, 16:37

CloudRiderX wrote:B. Took, H4 does not have an exit battle menu. Otherwise I would probably be using it. :)
Im going to stand on CloudRiderXs side here(and for hes sake,I better be right :devil: ):See that smiley in the end?It means hes being literal on purpose,in order to add a funny note.Of course he knows about the menu,but he says that there is no way to literally exit the combat once you start it.Not quit,but exit.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 18 Jul 2006, 18:04

Surrender, Flee, Town Portal. :)

Either way, you've got a menu for exiting the battle. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby Caradoc » 19 Jul 2006, 06:39

And why do they include the keyboard shortcuts in the text displayed when the mouse hovers over the object?

I think it's a nice way to tell people "did you know you could use the "M" key to move the current hero?" and the like without it getting in the face.

I prefer the way this is done in CIV. Such tips are displayed while the game is loading. In Heroes V, the most common button used, the 'exit' door, gives not one, but THREE keyboard shortcuts. And as I said, since you need a mouse to even see this message, why would you be interested anyway?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Patch 1.2 Content

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 19 Jul 2006, 14:47

Quite right Daemian, quite right. When I said H4 did not have an Exit Battle Option, I meant it does not have the feature I initially interpreted it as - a way to exit out of a battle. What you guys are describing, as Hodgepodge pointed out, is the Combat Options Menu, which it does have. That is where my confusion is coming from. We call it the Combat Options Menu, and Ubisoft is calling it Exit Battle Options. While I understand what they mean now, I didn't before you make that connection for me.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Return to “News”