Heroes V Still in the Top 10

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 29 Jun 2006, 12:51

The PC Game Sales charts from NPD Funworld show that Heroes V was still selling well on the week of June 11-17. The Ubisoft strategy title ended in 8th place, behind a couple of veterans such as The Sims 2, The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and World of Warcraft. A Disney game called Cars: Radiator Springs Adventures ended up in first place, above the boxed version of Half-Life 2: Episode One. But as <a href="/http://www.gamespot.com/news/6153342.html">GameSpot</a> reports, "since Valve Software, developer of Episode One, sells many--possibly most--of its games via its Steam download service, it is almost certain that the first Half-Life 2 expansion pack sold far more units than the charts indicate."

Eight place: is it the last apparition of Heroes of Might and Magic V in the top ten? We will find out next week.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1151585485
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 29 Jun 2006, 13:15

The Sims 2 are still here ? That's one thing I'll never understand...
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 29 Jun 2006, 13:32

the Cars game will drop out of top 10 within a month, probably less. its just that the movie just came out and all the kids are nagging their parents to get it for them cause they are really excited about talking cars and a game about a movie they saw, but after the exitement of that dies out in like 1 or 2 weeks it wont sell anything at all.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 29 Jun 2006, 13:37

I hoped that would be the cause of pokemon too among with many other lame movies and games pointing to kids and their parents wallets, but look the evil little beasts are still popular :mad: It wouldnt surprise me if the cars game will beo n the top 10 list for more than a month, I really dont hope so.

Dakobstah
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dakobstah » 29 Jun 2006, 15:40

I'm somewhat surprised Heroes 5 is still in the Top 10. Oblivion is not surprising at all, given that it shipped with very few bugs (I've only found one or two in 150 hours of gameplay), an incredible amount of gameplay out of the box (those 150 hours haven't even gotten me through all the content yet), and full mod support. I wish I could say that Heroes 5 scores on any of those, but it doesn't. If I were advising my friends I would tell them not to buy this game unless they are a Heroes fanatic (like me) or have money to waste...Or until the patching process brings it up to a professional level (which looks like it will be somewhere between 6 months to 1 year from now). I can only assume that its sales are still riding on the reputation of the previous games in the series and not on its quality as a standalone product.

WretchedGnu
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby WretchedGnu » 29 Jun 2006, 22:54

Oblivion sucks. Its AI is worse than Heroes V -- and that's saying something.

Heroes should get another boost, though, after today's rave review in the New York Times...

Edited on Thu, Jun 29 2006, 16:54 by WretchedGnu

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 30 Jun 2006, 03:30

I have experienced no bugs in HOMM5. I finished all the campaigns and 6-8 maps.

I have the US standard edition, so maybe other versions have bugs or else I'm just lucky.

HOMM5 is a turn based fantasy strategy game. IMHO it is a worthy successor in the HOMM series, and I am looking forward to the map editor, new map releases, and to future expansions. However, I think the turn based strategy genre has a smaller fan base than some of the other game types so I don't expect it to stay in the top 10 too much longer.

I haven't found the AI in either HOMM5 or Oblivion to be bad. Maybe I just suck.

GOW

Return to “News”