Vote for the Sylvan Lineup!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Sep 2014, 17:36

After having decided that the fifth faction of <i>Heroes VII</i> will be Sylvan, the Shadow Council site now offers another voting opportunity for the fans: voting for the creature lineup. Good news for those afraid of having a faction full of elves; there is ample opportunity here to make sure the Sylvan faction contains creatures as well. Creatures such as treants, pixies, unicorns, phoenixes, dragons and snakes.

<a href="/https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... -up">Visit the Shadow Council to vote!</a>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1410543385
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 12 Sep 2014, 18:21

#teamfury
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Sep 2014, 22:30

I like being able to choose between dragons and phoenixes as champion creatures.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Sep 2014, 23:15

Why in the Ancients name isn't he Unicorn in the same line up as the Phoenix???

And all the line ups contain way too many elves...

But Phoenix it is then, it's about time they came back to a town lineup...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 12 Sep 2014, 23:37

Hmm, it probably would have been better if they revealed the line-ups during the faction vote, but whatever.

TT is right, there should be two or less elves/race unit for any faction. Although there doesn't seem to be much variation between the choices, phoenix vs dragon is the winner for me. However, seeing artworks of all the units could swing my vote, but no artworks. :(

I don't quite understand the difference in strategy between the variants, especially when the majority of the line-up doesn't change. Are the same units getting different skills based on which variation you choose?

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 12 Sep 2014, 23:57

@TT:

I second that. All of it. I would have liked phoenix + unicorn, but given the choices I voted for the phoenix lineup anyway. Perhaps the emerald knight will ride a unicorn. :p

Since the treant unit is in the lineup one way or another, I don't see why would anyone not vote for the phoenix lineup.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 13 Sep 2014, 11:29

I don't relish the idea of emerald knights or snakes in the sylvan lineup. Hence I voted fury. However I would prefer fury with unicorns instead of deer. Also blade dancers are awesome.

Fretnix
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fretnix » 13 Sep 2014, 14:08

I like snakes and unicorns, so Strength it is.

Fuddelbaerentatze
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Fuddelbaerentatze » 13 Sep 2014, 14:13

Wouldn't mind a lineup with the Phoenix and the Treant as the mutual exclusive champion units. Dragons should be very limited, far stronger than a champion unit and only available througout key moments in the campaign where it fits the story ark. Same for the dragons in other Factions. I complettly dislike the idea of dragons as ordinary units.

And what is a emerald knight? Serious question - i ve got no idea what this is supposed to be ...

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 13 Sep 2014, 20:05

I totally agree with no Dragons as units. With the creatures named, my favorite faction would consist of hunters, dryads, pixies, unicorns, druids, blade dancers, phoenixes and treants. Just make phoenixes a bit more offensive than described, you're good to go. Seriously, I don't know why this line-up is not offered... Three elf units and mystical forest creatures... Doesn't get better ;)

Closest one is the Fury line-up. Just get rid of the Dragons for Phoenixes and Deer (seriously!!???) for Unicorns.
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 14 Sep 2014, 12:30

clearly alot of inspiration from warhammer games. I mean Treant, dryads, blade dancers.. have to agree with gryphon's line-up suggestion
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby JSE » 14 Sep 2014, 13:35

Ubisoft has borrowed heavily from Warhammer Fantasy ideas and aesthetics from the get-go. Even though I'm a Warhammer fan, I think this "inspiration" is way too blunt and obvious.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 14 Sep 2014, 15:14

@Karmakeld:

Seriously? Treants and dryads imply a Warhammer influence? Didn't they exist for like thousands of years? Weren't then used by numerous fantasy novels, games and dungeons and dragons RPGs?

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 14 Sep 2014, 15:38

Well, in heroes 5 their 'inspiration' went so far that they couldn't use the original treants due copyright infringement.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 14 Sep 2014, 19:45

@hellegennes, you obviously know more about the fantasy lore than I do, I just knew these specific creatures from warhammer which I used to collect and paint many years ago. Not implying that warhammer is their origin, but merely comparing to the lastest heroes games. I used the wardancer idea myself in my campaign, so in no way I did I say it was bad inspiration, hence I don't see the reason for the harsh tone.. (or maybe I misinterpreted your words)
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Wizard of Soz
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Wizard of Soz » 14 Sep 2014, 22:10

I thought from the initial vote that Sylvan would be all guerrilla warfare and light fast strikes i.e. Sylanna's Fury (which is why I chose Elves as it would make a good contrast to the other factions). So I guess its Sylanna's Fury for me.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 14 Sep 2014, 23:53

What are the tallies so far?

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby JSE » 15 Sep 2014, 11:53

@ Karmakeld and hellegennes:
What strongly hints at a Warhammer Fantasy influence is the very specific combination of treants (treemen), dryads, and especially blade dancers (war dancers). It's about as telling as giving a dwarven faction Troll Slayers.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 15 Sep 2014, 15:33

@Karmakeld:
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound insulting.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Sep 2014, 16:05

Phoenixes, hum...

I would ditch the dragons, if I could.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “News”