Dark Messiah HD Gameplay

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Dark Messiah HD Gameplay

Unread postby Angelspit » 21 Apr 2006, 01:57

Hours after Heroes V went gold, Ubisoft is trying to create some hype for that <i>other</i> Might and Magic game, Dark Messiah. And judging by the number of comments on the <a href="/http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?comments=41781">news sites</a>, it seems to work well. If you have a broadband connection, you might want to take a look at 1UP's <a href="/http://www.1up.com/do/download?cId=3142946">exclusive HD movie featuring some gameplay</a>. The file is well over 100 MB, so be patient. There are also new screenshots at <a href="/http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/dark ... ackNews</a>, showing some Source-powered action.

I think I've seen my share of goblins getting pushed off a cliff or stabbed in the back. While I understand that the developers don't want to reveal any secret, isn't it time they show what else this game can do?

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1145584678
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Dark Messiah HD Gameplay

Unread postby arturchix » 21 Apr 2006, 07:28

I really liked the video, especially the assassin mode and kicking some orcs off the cliff, however I also agree that the developers should start to show us something new. It can't be that the whole game will proceed in this only environment that we have seen so far.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Apr 2006, 10:55

What, no Wizard footage?

I never could get into first person RPG's and I doubt I would really enjoy attacking with a melee weapon, but casting spells might be FPS enough for me.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Dark Messiah HD Gameplay

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Apr 2006, 10:57

I think the melee will work out just nicely, It cant be worse than the melee in Morrowind :p

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Apr 2006, 11:04

I'm not saying it won't, just that i won't like it. (never managed to get into Morrowind or M&M). Heck, I find the Gauntlet in Quake and the Knife in CS annoying to use. It is pretty good when they work though. :devil:
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

socketboy
Conscript
Conscript

Dark Messiah HD Gameplay

Unread postby socketboy » 21 Apr 2006, 22:11

This would really be best if they included a 3rd person mode ala oblivion. I do almost all of my melee fighting in third person in that game, unless of course I am casting spells or have to be careful not to chop an ally.

This game looks sweet anyway

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Apr 2006, 22:14

Source engine... they'd have to put in alot of extra effort to make it look bad.

Malicen
Pixie
Pixie

Dark Messiah HD Gameplay

Unread postby Malicen » 21 Apr 2006, 22:47

This is BAD! These people do not think that some of us still have to study. I'll quit my studies if they continue to produce games like this ;). I usualy do not like FP games, but I think I'm not going to skip this one.
The prayers of the soul tend towards the helping angels discovering the griefs of the heart when pains are consuming it burning.

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Dark Messiah HD Gameplay

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 22 Apr 2006, 17:38

This game should be released in summer when almost no One studies. ;)

Nice video BTW.
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LordHoborgXVII » 23 Apr 2006, 23:33

From how this looks right now the AI in this game is worse than in Homm4. Kicking orcs off cliffs and sneaking up behind them is hardly any fun if those orcs don't actually try to attack you and try to use cunning approaches. Of course the graphics and all is beautiful, although I was surprised that these goblins could have a dagger thrust through them and bleed from a completely different part of their body. (this collision/blood needs to be worked on a little.) Still it looks like a very well-done game, even if the concept of a might-and-magic shooter still is a bit paradoxical.
Happy Millenium!

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Dark Messiah HD Gameplay

Unread postby Sikon » 26 Apr 2006, 07:10

Source is an awesome engine, but it's just an engine, not a magic wand that will automatically make your game look beautiful. For an example, see Half-Life 1: Source. Except for water and lighting, it looks and feels exactly the same as the non-Source version.

Return to “News”