Disciples III: Renaissance Announced

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 15 Apr 2006, 13:53

Disciples II was half a game and WAAAY to super hero focused. But I'll definetly try the demo!

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 15 Apr 2006, 13:53

Hasn't it been "The Empire" from the very beginning? It's like a sort of brand of the series, keeping the faction names the same, making the war between them more consistent (Empire=Humans always vs Legion&Hordes&Whatever).

Unlike Heroes, which has not only repeatedly changed faction names and characteristics, but has also included the famous H3 Genie with new and improved sex-change special ability!

edited
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Apr 2006, 14:27

Yes it has. That wasn't my point. And the elves where refered to as the Elven Alliance in RotE anyway. They and the Undead are the only ones that have the race name in the faction name. I would prefer the elves would not, the undead I can live :D with, as they're not really a race, just corpses. Maybe they could call them the Forest Kingdom or something.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 15 Apr 2006, 15:49

But what do we know about their political structure? Maybe they really are just a number of clans/noble houses/forest-city-states forming an Alliance. With a queen. :|

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Apr 2006, 16:03

They didn't have a political structure before Gallean got ressurected. They were scattered around the world in city-states or something like that. In RotE they finally conquered a land of their own. They also split into Wild and Noble Elves.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 15 Apr 2006, 16:11

Well, there you have it. What better way to call a population of elves that are noble than... Noble Elves. :)

frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 16 Apr 2006, 11:39

Great news! Disciples II rocked I still play it from time to time.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 18 Apr 2006, 05:46

@theLuckyDragon

Yeah, the Dwarves and the Undead were decimated at the conclusion of the second game. Probably will be rebuilding or something and added in the expansion. I will miss the undead though. Wights were just overkill in that army; nothing like ripping creature upgrades off units.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Apr 2006, 10:49

Mortis better be back with a vengeance. Gallean deserves to burn.

And I hope Angels get another dmg type than weapon, Empire was useless against Wraiths/Deaths and Wights unless ur hero was a caster!

Xanatus Sirloin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Xanatus Sirloin » 19 Apr 2006, 02:25

D2 was good.. but i found it too hard to get into, in the camains i played any way.. not much direction apart from intro, do this on this map and go. but otherwise i thought it was a attractivly different alternative to the heroes series
"Cry Havoc and let Slip the Dogs of War"

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 19 Apr 2006, 20:52

I loved D2, it had a game style I had never seen or heard of before. The animations were so smooth in battle even though the graphics were not 3D. The only problems I had with it were:

- Wild creatures on land on the adventure map did not move, so you could accidentally walk right into them

- Some of the insides of the towns look poor (cough, Legions...cough)

- The music while moving on the adventure map drove me nuts, because it repeats and it is very monotone (battle music rocks though!)

Nevertheless, it was a very fun game. I must admit, not as fun as Heroes, it does not offer as much replayability. But I am looking forward to a third one and have been for a long time.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Return to “News”