Heroes V Preview

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Heroes V Preview

Unread postby Labyrinth » 01 Mar 2006, 14:42

Should I give you the tenth explanation why the hit point system is different from what you proposed? :D

(People, once is fairly enough!)

To DaemianLucifer's comment I'd like to add that stacks can retaliate only once in their turn. Exactly the first time they are attacked in each turn, that is.
What the #$*! do we know?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Heroes V Preview

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Mar 2006, 15:40

Jerrie wrote:To DaemianLucifer's comment I'd like to add that stacks can retaliate only once in their turn. Exactly the first time they are attacked in each turn, that is.
Except for the Griphon/Griffon!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Friend_of_Gunnar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Friend_of_Gunnar » 01 Mar 2006, 16:22

TUTORIAL!!
let me add a couple of exclamation points for a total of four:

TUTORIAL!!!!

I don't know how many times I've gotten a game that was a sequel in the series (without playing the original) and been utterly bewildered by it. I started from HOMM1 and just about every gameplay mechanic since then has gotten more complex. Just a word to Nival: You need to have an entire team working on the tutorial and the pacing of the campaigns if you want to achieve breakout success. (it also makes me wonder if the relative failure of HOMMIV wasn't due in part to ridiculous learning curve you had to go through )

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Heroes V Preview

Unread postby Cleanpea » 01 Mar 2006, 17:35

In H2, everything was cosy and funny and made it fun to explore(also, many small features were not described in the manual). If H5 could be just as intiutive, and with many small secrets waiting to be discovered, it will be a smash hit. I hope so!

Return to “News”