MM 1-5 on DOSBOX

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

MM 1-5 on DOSBOX

Unread postby MadMax » 02 Oct 2008, 09:17

Can anyone help me i have the mm6 limited edition but i cant get it to work on vista :(

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Well

Unread postby MadMax » 02 Oct 2008, 09:20

I have DOSbox but i dont know how to do excactly.. i can mount my drive but then when im gonna mount my cd it just sais it cant find it :/ I really want to play theese oldies and i hope you pplö can help!

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 02 Oct 2008, 11:02

Mount i i:\ -t cdrom. My I drive was my cdrom that I used to play another game that needed access to it.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 02 Oct 2008, 16:43

First of all, install M&M classics, then go to the folder that you installed it in and click and drag the install files for M&M 3-5 to DOSbox and install them with highest possible settings. Then after that click and drag LAUNCHER.bat to DOSbox. Voila! There is a more specific way that involves messing with the DOSbox.conf file but it would take a while to type.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

hmmm

Unread postby MadMax » 02 Oct 2008, 20:29

Still doesnt seem to work tough :( I really want to play them :( can you guys do a more specific description? (A)
directory i does not exist :( and i cant click and drag it to dosbox?? or can i?

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 02 Oct 2008, 20:35

I got the mounting to work what do i do now? shall i have cd 1 or 2 in???

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 02 Oct 2008, 21:58

DosBox... I love this wonderful program, I just got done playing Kyrandia on it not too long ago.

Easiest way is to install the game from DosBox and play. Find out what Drive your CD rom is and then mount it in DosBox so you can install your game. Make sure you install your game via DosBox or else the game has the potential to not function. That is actually the harder part. Once that is complete, put the play CD in your CDrom and mount the directory your game is installed. You can then launch the game by typing the appropriate name of the exe file; you can find this by browsing your game directory files and locating the launch icon and its associated name. Make sure DosBox is set to the folder location of your game.

As a note, everytime you want to play your game via DOSBOX, you need to mount your CDROM and the directory your game is installed.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 03 Oct 2008, 03:58

Last time I heard you didn't need the disk in to play M&M classics. I should know because I have on many (all) occasions that I have played the game not had the M&M VI install disk in while I played.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 03 Oct 2008, 04:01

Deadguy118 wrote:Last time I heard you didn't need the disk in to play M&M classics. I should know because I have on many (all) occasions that I have played the game not had the M&M VI install disk in while I played.
You are likely correct; if the case, then you only need to mount the game directory once DOSBOX is started in order to play.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 03 Oct 2008, 11:42

Vector is right, just mount the directory where you installed the M&M classics. Configure sound and graphics to your preferences, although I know there is an option for the best music experience you'll have.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Return to “Might and Magic”