Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 26 Nov 2008, 10:54

TBH, I didn't care about it much, and I never finished a Archomage quest. We'll talk about bringing it in game, this is just no certanty that it will come...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 26 Nov 2008, 13:10

Arcomage will probably take a bit of a role in the game's storyline.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 26 Nov 2008, 15:29

Personally, I never much cared for Archomage, and have not played it in a while. If you do decide to include this feature, please make it secondary and optional to the game sequence.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 26 Nov 2008, 15:49

You must keep arcomague in game->no matter if as a secondary quest, but keep it! I usually relax after doing many quests, playing for like half hour. If possible, try to add several more cards(like M&M 8 did ;) )

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 26 Nov 2008, 19:48

Corlagon wrote:Arcomage will probably take a bit of a role in the game's storyline.
hmm nice
arcomage rule

look here if you like acromage
http://arcomage.netvor.sk/

kaan_dt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kaan_dt » 27 Nov 2008, 21:22

God thats perfect guys, please keep it up. I hope it wont be another dead project =(

I read all the pages but I guess I missed it, will the animations, say in a shop or a house, be taken from previous games or are you guys trying to create new ones as well?? I'm a fan of MM6-8 serie, played for so many years finished them like 5 times each.. And I really liked the different animations they created in each game.

auralsun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby auralsun » 28 Nov 2008, 22:46

So what is the team behind this project nowadays? Do most of the contributors to this project post on these forums? Who does what?

The Oracle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby The Oracle » 29 Nov 2008, 17:35

What happened to the weekly updates? Give us something to dream about, once in a while, will you? Godspeed!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 30 Nov 2008, 01:18

As said, the producing rate is low ATM, due to unforeseen circumstances of a member. We will be working top speed again in probably a few weeks.The weekly updates are following afterwards of course...

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 30 Nov 2008, 03:07

About Arcomage:

1) I'd rather have it as an optional quest, not part of the main story.
2) The green cards should be more useful. I don't remember how it is in MM8, but in MM7 I have never actually succeeded in destroying the enemy tower. The green cards just aren't good enough. The only thing they can do is hold out the enemy's victory, but the blue "damages enemy tower" (instead of the wall first) cards are alot better for doing that.. Just seems a shame that one of the three victory conditions is pretty much unatainable.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 30 Nov 2008, 16:02

I think you misinterpreted :D It will be part of the story, but that doesn't mean you'll actually be forced to play it.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 30 Nov 2008, 23:24

Corlagon wrote:
I think you misinterpreted :D It will be part of the story, but that doesn't mean you'll actually be forced to play it.
Pfieuw :-D
I'll probably complete the arcomage quest once anyway, but good to know I don't have to do it :D

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 02 Dec 2008, 23:00

Hey.

Sorry to Vector and anyone else who my absence may have misfortuned, I've been very busy with school and haven't had the opportunity to do that dialogue yet. After exams this week and next is Christmas break and I'll definately have more time then.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 02 Dec 2008, 23:13

jeff4815 wrote:Hey.

Sorry to Vector and anyone else who my absence may have misfortuned, I've been very busy with school and haven't had the opportunity to do that dialogue yet. After exams this week and next is Christmas break and I'll definately have more time then.
Well, why don't you send me some stuff you made :)?

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 03 Dec 2008, 00:01

Vector has all of the stuff that I've done so far. I still can't do anything more for another 2 weeks give or take a few days.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 04 Dec 2008, 20:37

Anything going on with this? I mean, I joined the forums just for MMX
Your perception determines your experience.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 Dec 2008, 15:12

Hey people. Sorry about the delay lately, but reasons were personal, we hope you understand. Today we got some good news for you guys. We are back on track, and we are working at full force again.

Thanks for the waiting :)!

Updates will follow soon enough...

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 05 Dec 2008, 15:52

darknessfood wrote:Hey people. Sorry about the delay lately, but reasons were personal, we hope you understand. Today we got some good news for you guys. We are back on track, and we are working at full force again.

Thanks for the waiting :)!

Updates will follow soon enough...
That's great news! Waiting (not too) patiently ....

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 05 Dec 2008, 16:01

Ok guys, sorry for not being very informative lately. Work is being done on MMX as we speak. We have come up with some very interesting ideas to incorporate into the game with a number of surprises.

Our current work incorporates a number of various aspects. My current objective is working on the interior dungeon cells and making new textures for them. Screenshots for them will be available soon enough, as I can tell a lot of you are on the edge of your seat for something new to see.

Quests are coming along nicely and they have been for the past moth, same goes with the storyline which is absolutely wonderful (I know, I keep saying that, but it is). We have some very nice ideas and it is absolutely wonderful how each idea is tied into previous MM history. I can say this will be an extremely epic game that will bring back lots of memories from the game we love.

I know a lot of you will be away for the holidays, so be safe, have fun, and enjoy your time with your families. We will be diligently working on MMX with more updates to come including some long awaited screen shots.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 05 Dec 2008, 16:07

You have all my patience, as I prefer quality over quantity, and If you need 7 months to finish it, I can wait :)
Anyway I'm glad to hear that you are again working, and can't wait to that screenshots :oex:
Keep up the good work!! :-D

Return to “Might and Magic”