MM8: Three small questions about Murmurwoods

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

MM8: Three small questions about Murmurwoods

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 17 Oct 2007, 00:24

- After some experimentation, I have found that if you un-stone Cauri Blackthorne first before any of the other generic pilgrims, they all disappear once you free her, making the rest of your Stone to Flesh scrolls useless. Is that normal?

- Flamestryke's page mentions a "Murmurwood Tree" that can trade Diamonds for Horseshoes. That would be nice since I saved a few diamonds just for that. Where is that tree?

- Can you town portal back to Murmurwoods?

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 17 Oct 2007, 01:16

1- Not really useless. Pretty sure you could use them on your party members. Though, I do try, for RP reasons, to free them all, before Cauri. Though, that's pretty easy, since I know which one she is. I do, mostly, have a hard time finding the others, though.

2- Don't know. Haven't tried it before. Through a bit of searching, though, I found this site. http://www.portailsmm.com/comm/MM8-FAQ-Misc.html Just search for Murmurwoods, or tree, and you'll get to it, or around it.

3- Nope. Unless you place a beacon there.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 17 Oct 2007, 02:24

Not sure, but...wasn't that the tree at the tip of the arrow on the region map?

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 17 Oct 2007, 03:11

Yeah! I had just found it and went back to post the coordinates. I noticed the arrow from the sky (I was flying). The tree is named "Tree".
x: 3415 y:6092

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 17 Oct 2007, 19:04

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:Yeah! I had just found it and went back to post the coordinates. I noticed the arrow from the sky (I was flying). The tree is named "Tree".
x: 3415 y:6092
Oooh thanks, UHO! :-D I never found that Tree before.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: MM8: Three small questions about Murmurwoods

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Oct 2007, 19:29

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:- After some experimentation, I have found that if you un-stone Cauri Blackthorne first before any of the other generic pilgrims, they all disappear once you free her, making the rest of your Stone to Flesh scrolls useless. Is that normal?
No, it isn't normal. They shouldn't disappear. Are you sure that you didn't miss them? Sometimes it is hard to locate them in the forest.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 17 Oct 2007, 19:38

Unless, maybe you left the area, then came back. Then they'd be gone. I'm pretty sure they would, anyway. It's been a while since I played MM8.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: MM8: Three small questions about Murmurwoods

Unread postby HodgePodge » 17 Oct 2007, 19:55

Avonu wrote:
UndeadHalfOrc wrote:- After some experimentation, I have found that if you un-stone Cauri Blackthorne first before any of the other generic pilgrims, they all disappear once you free her, making the rest of your Stone to Flesh scrolls useless. Is that normal?
No, it isn't normal. They shouldn't disappear. Are you sure that you didn't miss them? Sometimes it is hard to locate them in the forest.
Yes, it's normal. The other statues do disappear as soon as you unstone Cauri. I've played at least a dozen games the statues always disappear after getting Cauri. You can use the Scrolls on your party if need be. :)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Oct 2007, 19:59

Strange - I always free these four or five other people afer unstonned Cauri. And they never disappear to me. Maybe because I didn't leave Murmurwoods map before unstonned rest of stone figures?

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 17 Oct 2007, 20:16

To answer to the above - yes, I did leave Murmurwoods immediately after unstoning Cauri - I went straight for her using Fly and zipped back out.

When I came back to Murmurwoods a few weeks after that to clear the whole map, I wanted unstone the other guys, they weren't there at all, and believe me, I treaded across the WHOLE map.

So, I loaded an earlier pre-cauri save and sure enough, I can find the other generic guys pretty easily.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 18 Oct 2007, 00:14

Avonu wrote:Strange - I always free these four or five other people afer unstonned Cauri. And they never disappear to me. Maybe because I didn't leave Murmurwoods map before unstonned rest of stone figures?
That is really bizarre because in all of my games, if I find the Cauri statue before any of the others, they disappear as soon as I unstone the Cauri statue. Maybe I better play again, just to make sure. :-D

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 18 Oct 2007, 17:25

HodgePodge wrote:Maybe I better play again, just to make sure. :-D
Me too. Well, it is also possible that somehow we have different version of this game - no know how it could be possible.

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 19 Oct 2007, 03:27

HodgePodge wrote: Maybe I better play again, just to make sure. :-D
I still wonder how many times have you played the game? :|
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 19 Oct 2007, 05:03

a55a55in wrote:
HodgePodge wrote: Maybe I better play again, just to make sure. :-D
I still wonder how many times have you played the game? :|
HodgePodge wrote:… I've played at least a dozen games the statues always disappear after getting Cauri. You can use the Scrolls on your party if need be. :)
I've played MM8 so many times that I lost count! And I've played MM6 and MM7 even more times than MM8. Gosh, maybe I should get a life. :-D

Return to “Might and Magic”