MM6 Trouble with Mok's patch

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
rschanke
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM6 Trouble with Mok's patch

Unread postby rschanke » 08 Oct 2007, 03:13

Hey guys, hoping you can help me solve this. When I install MM6 normally, I get the "Might and Magic VI has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." and I can choose to send or not send the error, you have all seen it before. Now, when I install the mm6 fix, it enters the game just fine. The problem is that when I install Mok's 1.3 Patch, it overwrites the exe and the error is back...I've tried simply installing mok's patch and then replacing the exe with the one from the fix, but I dont seem to get the Always run option then unless I'm missing something. Thoughts? Any help would be welcome :)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 08 Oct 2007, 08:38

Well, if the game runs fine without the MOK patch, why did you patched it. If it's not working now i would advise you to reinstall the game and don't patch it with the MOK patch.
Question, did you install the extra graphics file, in my case i did and the game didn't run at all, som maybe you should try and install the game without the extra graphics and the MOK patch...

rschanke
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rschanke » 08 Oct 2007, 12:23

Hey, first off I did not install it with the extra graphic files, when I do that the install locks at 81% for some reason. My thing is that I want the always-run feature to work, I can get the game to work on its own, but not the always run feature. I was hoping that someone might have ran into a similar problem, and that an alternative mok patch, or some sort of solution existed :)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 09 Oct 2007, 08:39

rschanke wrote:Hey, first off I did not install it with the extra graphic files, when I do that the install locks at 81% for some reason. My thing is that I want the always-run feature to work, I can get the game to work on its own, but not the always run feature. I was hoping that someone might have ran into a similar problem, and that an alternative mok patch, or some sort of solution existed :)
Well actualy you have to activate it yourself. Just go to your MM6 directory, and open the mokpatch file ( i dunno it's name but it's a text file so you just run over them) then in the text you see a couple of options and the numbers 0 or 1 behind them. Just swap the 0 with the 1 (DUH, with the always run option:P) and save it, start MM6 and DON'T PRESS THE SHIFT BUTTON OR ZYOU WILL BE WALKING!!!

Ciao!!

Return to “Might and Magic”