Speed gaming for MM7

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Kackelacka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Speed gaming for MM7

Unread postby Kackelacka » 03 Sep 2007, 08:43

Old days, old games, old guys, hehe..

i have found this place very nice and decided to join, here i am with a question in m'bag for MM7-For blood and honour.

i have finished the game at level 15 and in 4 months 17 days.

i have done almost every first and second promotion quests for every class and also finished almost every side quests and slew about 30 dragons, 30 titans and lots of ancient behemots. i got about 41000 for the final score of the game with about 5000 fame.

i still dont know how the final score be calculated. i know it's roughly equal fame/time. do you know the exact formula.

i hope there are others in the forum :)

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 03 Sep 2007, 12:00

Welcome! As much as I love MM6 and MM7, (finished both numerous times) I never once cared about fame, time or score.

What I did however is make the MM7 monsters much stronger (with a mod), and removed many class-skill restrictions (making the hybrid classes better)

Kackelacka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kackelacka » 05 Sep 2007, 05:38

actually speed gaming does not effect on your way to play.

for MM7, after clearing the red dwarf mines and return back to the castle, clock starts and you have 4 months for the choice. i prefer not to train and clear all places especially land of giants, eofoel path and titan's stronghold. because; red dragons give you 12 fame, blood titans and ancient behemoths 11.

all first promotion quests give you 60 fame
all second promotion quests give you 160 fame

with m'last party with 3 rangers-1 sorceress i have cleared titan's, road to eofoel (almost because medusas dont give much fame) and start to blitz (fly and whirlwind at the top of the titans shooting with explosive impact bows at master level of archery) on LoG.

i have about 2500 fame, but most of the fame comes with the last 6 quests.
than i will clear the entrance and inside of the hive. than maybe i can train.

total time : 8 days(ship travel to castle) + 2 days (travel to BD - i couldnt find a pathfinder in harmondale i think there is not) + 1/2 days (pass to nighon) + 1 days(travel to Bracada - thanks god there is a pathfinder in stone city) + 1/2 days (clearing the mine and finding a gate master guy) + 4 months (elf-human war) + ? (final 6 quests)

4 months 13 days is needed at least to complete the game. i have clearing the dungeons for second promotion quests and started to buy lloyd's beacon scrolls. and....

am i mad? i think so :). maybe i love this game too muchi yesss, the reason must be this.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 05 Sep 2007, 06:49

Kackelacka wrote:4 months 13 days is needed at least to complete the game.
Actually 4 months and 11 days. :) Ribannah holds most if not all speed game records for MM6-MM9. Including the 5 day finish of MM6.

Kackelacka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kackelacka » 05 Sep 2007, 08:16

Actually 4 months and 11 days. :) Ribannah holds most if not all speed game records for MM6-MM9. Including the 5 day finish of MM6.
(I cannot quote this cuz i dunno how to do it :))

8 days to castle (no navigator or sailor companion works here)
2 days to barrow travel (no pathfinder and no coach service to barrow downs)
1 day to bracada (again this is the least day)
1 day shore (you cannot beacon there without suits)
4 months for war (i tried i know :))

4months + 12 days without considering the fight. if the fight takes 1 day. total 4 month +13 days...how can it be 11 days...NO WAAY !!!!

i really would like to see those forum notes.

tia

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 05 Sep 2007, 08:34

Well, she found a shortcut somewhere - I'm not sure where exactly but you might want to check out Castle Gobs. The previous record indeed was 4 months and 12 days.

P.S. And let's not forget each new day starts at 9:00 AM. Finish the game early in the morning and that doesn't count as a day for final score.

Kackelacka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kackelacka » 05 Sep 2007, 09:48

11 days for the war +1 day to shore = 12 days

yes it is acceptable :).

3 final quests for good saga and 2 final quests for evil saga cannot be handled before the path choice, so it needs to be handled after the 4 months ended.

starting at 6 a.m. for good saga all can be handled in a day, 4 and 12 days.OK
but starting at 6 p.m for evil saga you must handle 2 final quests+1 final task must be finished in 15 hours which is possible. 1 and 12 days.OK

Okay, i accept :)

thanks for the info.

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 05 Sep 2007, 12:27

>>>> i couldnt find a pathfinder in harmondale i think there is not)

I couldn't either. I remember spending half an hour reloading in harmondale.

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 05 Sep 2007, 13:44

There is a pathfinder in harmondale !

just save in harmondale.. then keep looking for a pathfinder.
If you cant find any .. just load the harmondale saved game.. and new NPC's will appear (if your lucky ..its a pathfinder).

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 05 Sep 2007, 13:52

Except that you will never be able to find one. :tongue: There are no pathfinders in Harmondale.

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 05 Sep 2007, 14:23

There are pathfinders in Harmondale ;)

Or is this Vori ? lol :D

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 05 Sep 2007, 15:20

Well, that could be a fake pic but maybe I've mixed up things a bit. It's possible that there are no pathfinders in Emerald Isle, not Harmondale. :)

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 06 Sep 2007, 03:00

arturchix wrote:
Kackelacka wrote:4 months 13 days is needed at least to complete the game.
How on Earth can you win MM6 in 5 days? It takes 5 days just to travel to Castle Ironfist from new sorpigal!
Back from the dead? Maybe.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 06 Sep 2007, 04:14

Use NPC's that reduce traveling from 5 to 1 day, Town Portals and other miscellanous teleporters like the hidden teleporter from New Sorpigal to Dragonsands.

Kackelacka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kackelacka » 06 Sep 2007, 05:32

i completely agree with arturchix,
1. It is possible to finish MM6 in 5 days using the portal. The details in goblin's castle page which arturchix has given previously at the top of the threat.

2. And there is absolutely no pathfinder in harmondale. If it was, the record for MM7 will have been 4 months and 10 days.

But i still dont understand the one thing:

The record for in goblin's site is given as 4m11 days, but the both speed game walkthroughs are for 12 days. and i think the .pcx file which shows the final score is a fake. Cuz as i noted previously it is not possible due to the traveling.

Return to “Might and Magic”