cheat program

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
purple_kathryn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

cheat program

Unread postby purple_kathryn » 31 Jul 2007, 09:30

Before this computer crashed I had a cheat program that let you change the stats, exp and get whatever you wanted from the inventory for M & M but I can't remember what it's called.

Does anyone know?

thanks
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun).”
Eddie Izzard

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 31 Jul 2007, 11:18

I do know the name of a few M&M editors. Instead of giving you the easy solution you wanted, why don't you try playing the game without cheating? You may find that you like the game much more and enjoy the various challenges that playing without aid gives. :)
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 31 Jul 2007, 13:31

Why should you judge the way he chooses to play? Not everyone has the time to sink into a long game like m & m, but maybe he wants to see the graphics and stories again.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 31 Jul 2007, 15:11

Or maybe he wants to make the game harder by REDUCING his stats!
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

purple_kathryn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby purple_kathryn » 31 Jul 2007, 15:31

I already have (6-9) several times in some cases and no cheating ;)
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun).”
Eddie Izzard

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 31 Jul 2007, 15:56

Search for MM6che, MM7che or MM8che or for Might Edit32.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 31 Jul 2007, 18:09

Klaravoyia DOES have peasant and other M&M challenge games, though I know that most 1st time posters don't bother with the Search function or looking beyond the first page on a forum. I do realize that I should have worded my response a bit better, but editors can be quite an evil that makes a game too easy. I did not mean to see 'judgemental' or forcing my views upon others, but the reaction of other posters here strikes me of having the same hypocritical viewpoint of this site. This is the only forum/site I've run across where gray areas of supported assistance are provided.

So don't throw your 'stones' at me when there are many that are guilty of far more serious moral offenses. :shh:

P.S. - I suspected that a reaction like this would happen and it's a shame that this forum is becoming far too predictable. I'll take my own advice here in saying that one should THINK about what they are saying since it can have serious impact upon others.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 31 Jul 2007, 18:58

DaveO wrote: I do realize that I should have worded my response a bit better, but editors can be quite an evil that makes a game too easy. I did not mean to see 'judgemental' or forcing my views upon others, but the reaction of other posters here strikes me of having the same hypocritical viewpoint of this site. This is the only forum/site I've run across where gray areas of supported assistance are provided.
You worded your response fine. I'm not sure what you mean by gray area in this case. They clamp down on cracks and illegal copies.
So don't throw your 'stones' at me when there are many that are guilty of far more serious moral offenses. :shh:

P.S. - I suspected that a reaction like this would happen and it's a shame that this forum is becoming far too predictable. I'll take my own advice here in saying that one should THINK about what they are saying since it can have serious impact upon others.
I fail to see a moral offense somewhere in the thread...nor how cheating at a video game would constitute a "serious impact". Reading it again I see that you're talking about what people say having a "serious impact". My response to that is, it's an internet forum, I don't take it too seriously anyway.
__
The reason that I'm troubling to respond is because you didn't like my use of the word judgement and I apologize if it made you uncomfortable. It's true the poster could have probably found what he was looking for without making a post, but shouldn't a community be helpful?

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 31 Jul 2007, 22:56

I do agree that the overall goal of the forum should be as helpful as possible. I realize that I made an incorrect assumption that the editor would be used unwisely.

Now to prove that I am willing to be helpful, I've posted links to all the appropriate M&M editors from MM6 to MM8 below:

http://www.open.org/~hodge/M&M_Editor_Zips/
HodgePodge has been quite nice in providing a central location where you may download all of the editors. Thanks, HodgePodge!

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 31 Jul 2007, 23:30

I wasn't criticizing you - just posing the possibility that the original poster wanted to use the editor to make the game really hard. Not that I have any confidence that that was the case, of course. :)
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

masterpoobaa
Peasant
Peasant

editorz

Unread postby masterpoobaa » 01 Aug 2007, 00:48

Editors also take the heartbreak (or at least some of it) out of modding.
Ability to fiddle with stats, create and delete items etc.
See if things actually work. very handy.
M&M VI - the best.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: cheat program

Unread postby HodgePodge » 01 Aug 2007, 01:45

purple_kathryn wrote:Before this computer crashed I had a cheat program that let you change the stats, exp and get whatever you wanted from the inventory for M & M but I can't remember what it's called.

Does anyone know?

thanks
Yes, I have them … go to the link below and click on the number (6, 7 or 8) for whichever MM game you want an editor.

Might & Magic 6-8 Saved Game Editors

If you use the MM8 Editor, be sure to read the text file included with the editor.

Good Luck & Have Fun! :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

masterpoobaa
Peasant
Peasant

Additions:

Unread postby masterpoobaa » 01 Aug 2007, 04:50

Some fun things to do with character editors (if you are that way inclined)

Give your start parties stats of 1 accross the board, but outfit them with top of the line gear.

Strip your start party bare, 0 gold, 0 food, no equipment at all, but give them uber stats and see how they go. (Goblin Punching goodness)

Have a normal party, but everyone has 60 learning points at grand master level... and watch them levelup like crazy!

Ditto trying out 60 skillpoints in other stats like fire magic. A simple firebolt can toast pretty much anything.

Try a 1 person party... with just a sorceror... but give him something special... like Grandmaster mace skill with 60 skillpoints and a hammer of Darkness! (lets go clubbing!)

Possibilities for foolishness are boundless!
M&M VI - the best.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 01 Aug 2007, 12:56

I think the key to editors is like alcohol: Do it responsibly!

Return to “Might and Magic”