Which is best? MM6 or MM7?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
masterpoobaa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby masterpoobaa » 03 Aug 2007, 01:54

Q is easy. if you can you can get him behind a corner where you can hit him, but his "DIE" hits the wall.
Or Buff your party to the max(prot from magic a must), and run right up face to face as close as you can get, enter turned based combat and save.

remain in turn based, you tend to get more hits in.
Fighters thump him as best they can (manditory to have buff spells like precision, power, speed, haste, bless & Heroism).
Magic users use the high damage singe opponent type spells.

Also spells that work well are the 'non aimed' ones such as Fireblast, Sparks, shrapmetal and poison spray.
Standing point blank means Q takes maximum damage from all magic projectiles.

Save every now and again
M&M VI - the best.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 03 Aug 2007, 02:38

masterpoobaa wrote:Q is easy. if you can you can get him behind a corner where you can hit him, but his "DIE" hits the wall.
Or Buff your party to the max(prot from magic a must), and run right up face to face as close as you can get, enter turned based combat and save.

remain in turn based, you tend to get more hits in.
Fighters thump him as best they can (manditory to have buff spells like precision, power, speed, haste, bless & Heroism).
Magic users use the high damage singe opponent type spells.

Also spells that work well are the 'non aimed' ones such as Fireblast, Sparks, shrapmetal and poison spray.
Standing point blank means Q takes maximum damage from all magic projectiles.

Save every now and again
Funny, but your strategy is at the opposite end of the spectrum as mine … and I have beaten Q at least 40 times already. Don't go into turn based mode! This will give Q more chances to cast his Eradicate Spell. Instead, go in full force, move in real close to Q because then his spell can't hit anyone in your party for about 99% of the time. Sometimes a lucky hit will hit one of your party members … but it's rare. Be sure to stay right in his face and keep hitting that 'A' key.

Don't bother to use any spells other than a basic Ice Bolt, which will hit Q while you're up close. While you are in his face, your party can hit him again and again with just conventional melee attacks. Eventually, you'll wear Q down and you'll gain the victory. Be sure to loot his corpse because he carries a really nice little Aritfact.

Good Luck & Happy Gaming!
:-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 05 Aug 2007, 02:28

I was tired of working on my campaign tonight and decided to load MM6 to play it once again. Well that meant digging through some boxes in the garage. Fortunately I remembered which box it was in. When I opened the box, it took me back. Along with it was Wizardry 6, 7 and 8, Master of Orion, Master of Magic, Starflight 2 and MM3. There was an assortment of Sega Saturn cartridges as well. There were many lost days with those games, and that just doesn’t happen with any of the current games. Now I’ll need to dig through some other boxes to find the rest of my MM and Heroes games.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 Aug 2007, 21:57

Memories are nice. I still rember my days with the MM series, final fantasy, resident evil, and so on and so on.... :proud:

masterpoobaa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby masterpoobaa » 07 Aug 2007, 01:44

dont forget the wizardry series.
I may play wiz8 again sometime soon!
M&M VI - the best.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 07 Aug 2007, 03:20

masterpoobaa wrote:dont forget the wizardry series.
Wiz 8 was great, and it takes a major time investment to replay that one.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

MM7today
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MM7today » 07 Aug 2007, 15:27

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:
In MM7 you aren't required to use Blasters for anything at all.
How about sharks near the Lincoln? Maybe you prefer to kill them at melee range with your bare fists? ;) (Which would only really work with 3-4 monks in your party)
i just avoid sharks :E

i have mm7 (it is actually my only mm game) and mm6 is a hard game to find. but maybe ill own it in due time. but until now, obviously mm7 is my fav. no seriously, i think it is a very good game :D

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Aug 2007, 23:32

Well finding mm6 is really hard. Only thing you can try is to download it :( :baby:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 08 Aug 2007, 01:43

darknessfood wrote:Well finding mm6 is really hard. Only thing you can try is to download it :( :baby:
It's all over Amazon.com … that is, if you are willing to honestly pay for it!

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 08 Aug 2007, 03:02

jeff wrote:
masterpoobaa wrote:dont forget the wizardry series.
Wiz 8 was great, and it takes a major time investment to replay that one.
Seconded

It's my favorite rpg, similar to might and magic 6 but more polished. Expert difficulty really forces you to use all your resources. The game does everything it can to kill you, but you can prevail if you are really familiar the game.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 08 Aug 2007, 11:05

If ANYBODY wants a copy of MM6, I do have a spare CD that is looking for a good home. If any are interested, PM me and explain the reasons why I should sell my copy to you. It isn't first-come first-served, but by responding first you may have a better chance of getting that copy. But I WON'T guarantee it.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

MM7today
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MM7today » 08 Aug 2007, 11:27

by the way, now 3DO is bankrupt, who will get the money if i buy a new copy? :P (just curious)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 08 Aug 2007, 12:07

MM7today wrote:by the way, now 3DO is bankrupt, who will get the money if i buy a new copy? :P (just curious)
Probably the software stores which bought the game to sell.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 08 Aug 2007, 14:17

HodgePodge wrote:
darknessfood wrote:Well finding mm6 is really hard. Only thing you can try is to download it :( :baby:
Ah, ok. Well i just looked around the dutch sites and you can't find sh*t there. Yeah, for that price i would buy it :)

MM7today
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MM7today » 08 Aug 2007, 14:22

darknessfood wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:
Ah, ok. Well i just looked around the dutch sites and you can't find sh*t there. Yeah, for that price i would buy it :)
its not much :) ill just have to figure out how amazon works, and then ill have my copy :D

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 08 Aug 2007, 14:32

Yeah, and you can play one of the best rpg's ever!!!

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 08 Aug 2007, 15:46

I actually like MM7 more because it is closer to a real RPG instead of just a power mongering slaughter-fest:

-- I loved owning your own castle and upgrading it just like in the good old days ... It gives you a better sense of being connected.

-- Having to pick light or dark was a great & welcome change

-- Having at least slightly different endings, quests, etc. depending on your alignment and in-play choices was very good

-- Seeing what happenned to your old MM3 heroes was quite nice ....

I haven't played the games in question for a looonnng time so I'm sure that I'm leaving tons of things out but, for me, there's not much point in comparing MM6 && MM7 from an RPG standpoint.

Devil's Advocate: IIRC MM6 had bigger dungeons, a larger feel, and better level design than MM7.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 08 Aug 2007, 17:23

Alamar wrote: Devil's Advocate: IIRC MM6 had bigger dungeons, a larger feel, and better level design than MM7.
That's a pretty good point. I get the impression that I'm going to like the rpg aspects of MM7 that you have mentioned, but I first went back to worlds of xeen (4/5) and I must say htat those enormous well designed dungeons were better in 6.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 08 Aug 2007, 23:19

PhoenixReborn wrote:
Alamar wrote: Devil's Advocate: IIRC MM6 had bigger dungeons, a larger feel, and better level design than MM7.
That's a pretty good point. I get the impression that I'm going to like the rpg aspects of MM7 that you have mentioned, but I first went back to worlds of xeen (4/5) and I must say htat those enormous well designed dungeons were better in 6.
The dungeons in MM6 are really well done. Sometimes they don't make sense, until the answer just pops in yer head... :)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 10 Aug 2007, 10:56

HodgePodge wrote:
Phobos wrote:
HodgePodge wrote: I'm pretty sure it shows resistances and which spells (if any) monsters can cast. Anyhow, I think the Horn of Ros is worth the fight, not to mention all those high level spellbooks and wands. :-D
It only shows remaining Hit Points, nothing else. You couldn't see other statistics or spells that the enemies cast until MM7.
You're correct. I keep getting MM6 & MM7 mixed up in my mind because I keep intermingling the playing of those two games simultaneously. ;|
MM6 patched + Mok's patch:

(slowed and stoned effects are visible besides hit points)

Return to “Might and Magic”