MM7: Good vs Evil?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Good aligned wizards - Light magic
61%
Evil aligned necromancers - Dark magic
35%
I'd stay neutral the whole game, if I could!
3%

Total votes: 31

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 06 Apr 2007, 19:46

Which side do you prefer to choose, and for what reason?

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 07 Apr 2007, 20:43

Light -- better buffs for a Might addict. :)

Though the Dark side is significantly easier as far promotion quests go. I mean, 5 Arena Victories at that level vs. raiding the Elf Castle? :jester:
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 07 Apr 2007, 22:06

Bandobras Took wrote:Light -- better buffs for a Might addict. :)

Though the Dark side is significantly easier as far promotion quests go. I mean, 5 Arena Victories at that level vs. raiding the Elf Castle? :jester:
What about Warlock vs Arch Druid?

Arch Druid needs you to go to 2 easy (and probably already cleaned out) dungeons: Tunnels to Nighon, and Barrow Downs.

Warlock promotion quest needs you to go through Tunnels of Eofol and LOG, MUCH earlier than you would normally need to otherwise.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 08 Apr 2007, 14:26

I play for the dark side, those attack spells are great (for example shrapmetal is very brutal spell, I used it often in the labyrinth and the Minotaurs didn't have a chance)
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 08 Apr 2007, 14:52

Speaking of the minotaur maze,
the most fun spells you can use there are Rock Blast, Toxic Cloud and Fire Spike - try them!

Fire Spike can be used to ambush minotaurs very effectively.

And It's EXTREMELY fun to have Toxic Cloud and Rock Blast "ricochet" against walls and hit someone you don't even see yet! (Also fun to use in Colony Zod, as the projectiles also bounce up and down!)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 08 Apr 2007, 20:31

Voted: Light Path

Not only do I love those wonderful Protection & Stat Buffer spells (Day of the Gods & Day of Protection) but I just can't seem to bring myself to let the "bad guys" win. So I have never played Dark Path in this game or any other game either. :proud:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 08 Apr 2007, 21:01

That means you never played Archibald's campaign in Heroes 2 ??

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 08 Apr 2007, 22:53

Light path. A bit the same as HodgePodge, although I have been playing as the Dark path a few times. I also find the light path more challenging, although that probably is because I usually exterminate the wine cellar, steal the soul jars from Castle Gloaming and never use druids in my party ;| and I'm also convinced that Tolberti is harder to kill than the other one :disagree:

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 09 Apr 2007, 05:59

I always choose Light path - I believe I've played the Dark path only twice or so. I just like to be the good guy, can't do anything about it. In Dark Messiah I twice started a game with intentions to finish with a pure evil character and twice ended up with the good guy anyway. Also in TESIV: Oblivion I try to avoid to kill non-attacking NPC's to complete quests, unless there's no real choice. Shame on me. :disagree:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 09 Apr 2007, 09:06

Justice wrote:Light path. A bit the same as HodgePodge, although I have been playing as the Dark path a few times. I also find the light path more challenging, although that probably is because I usually exterminate the wine cellar, steal the soul jars from Castle Gloaming and never use druids in my party ;|
No, that's because necromancers have pain reflection and powerful damage spells, which are very effective against a party that's supposed to take out several times their own HP. Wizards have Dispel and summon wisps, which are annoying but not as powerful. Light magic just isn't as good in the hands of monsters as dark magic is.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 09 Apr 2007, 20:40

Mmm. I generally go with Light (better ending sequence IMO: “Congratulations, the universe is now your sandbox!” compared to “Yay, your off-world friends are going to start another war. How thoughtful. Surely this will end well, not.”). I do tend to miss getting Pain Reflection though.

Neutral might be interesting; how would that end? Go to King Hothfarr and ask him for his recommendation for Arbiter, then…what?

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 09 Apr 2007, 21:05

I've not palyed MM VII for 5 -6 months or so (please don't hurt me :( ) so... Uhm, just who was it Hothfarr is? The dwarven king?

And yeah, that's probably it Gaidal Cain.

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 09 Apr 2007, 21:55

Yeah he's the dwarf king.

A neutral choice would RULE.

They could have involved him in some way, and made "neutral final classes" that could use both light and dark magic, but having BOTH wizards & necros as enemies, and a tougher game overall.

There would be neutral promotion quests.

The final goal could be to have Harmondale steal the tech gadgets of both sides and become a mightier empire than both Deyja & Bracada.

The butler would be given a much higher role than what he is doing now.

Here are some names for neutral final classes, tell me what you think.

Knight - Gladiator
Monk - Black Belt
Thief - Swashbuckler
Archer - Marskman
Paladin - Vigilante
Ranger - Forest Warden
Druid - Shaman
Cleric - High Templar
Sorcerer - Conjurer

gryphonheart
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

good vs evil

Unread postby gryphonheart » 11 Apr 2007, 03:15

I always play on the good side - fundamentally unable to be evil...

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 11 Apr 2007, 23:46

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:They could have involved him in some way, and made "neutral final classes" that could use both light and dark magic, but having BOTH wizards & necros as enemies, and a tougher game overall.
UndeadHalfOrc wrote:The final goal could be to have Harmondale steal the tech gadgets of both sides and become a mightier empire than both Deyja & Bracada.
Ooo…

I like it. :)

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 12 Apr 2007, 08:00

I usually pick light side, because as so many other I can't put myself through playing evil. The evil side also has a very weak ending in comparison to the light ending.

That would be an awesome mod, a neutral side. But how would spells be divided? no dark and light, or both?

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 13 Apr 2007, 02:37

Maybe it would be both, but limited to Expert level only (and thus adding some extra attraction to the classes that can’t GM either anyay…)

JMK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JMK » 14 May 2007, 17:33

By far, Dark DARK DARK! tis the best and I've played light and dark 3 times each, although Breeding Zone is an outright bummer! :devil:

JMK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JMK » 16 May 2007, 17:36

you know i absoloutly love the way the background changes, u know like when your neutral, dark and light, that's just awsome!! B-) :-D :D

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 17 May 2007, 02:01

Sounds like you'd like Heroes of Might and Magic 2, there is also a good/evil background depending on the faction you choose.
(And Roland & Archibald Ironfist are central to the storyline)

Return to “Might and Magic”