The AI

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

The AI

Unread postby Angelspit » 18 Nov 2006, 14:47

I remember that the previews that Dark Messiah would feature an excellent artificial intelligence, with enemies changing tactics based on your moves.

So far, I've seen groups of enemies trying a flanking maneuver, and some orcs keeping their distances to dodge my flame arrows, but that's about it. I don't expect to see any bright move from the spiders and the zombies, but I was expecting more from the Orcs and the Black Guards.

Have you seen anything like that in your games?

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 18 Nov 2006, 15:16

Well, I haven't seen any game so far where AI would feel like from another world - they all appear to be quite mediocre in the end. In Dark Messiah as the only act of smart AI I noticed my enemies throwing physical objects at me, as well goblins calling others for help, but that's pretty much all. Human's mind always will be superior to AI. :D

PaladinOfMM
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby PaladinOfMM » 19 Nov 2006, 01:00

Well, while playing in hard mode, there are times I heard from black guards and orcs saying something like

"get him"
"we got him cornered now"
"go get him from the right/left"

Especially the last sentense, the monsters really did go aim for my right/left when I'm engaged with one of them.

Cyclops' AI is bad. Like the one inside the Temple of Spiders, if you stand on top on one place where before you go down into the big hall to trigger the event of cyclops came crushing out from a wall, it won't know where you stand and just keep standing at one area and allow you to shoow arrorws and spells at it.
The Paladin of Might and Magic

Qlczas-PL
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Qlczas-PL » 12 Jan 2007, 22:35

<SPOILER>
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
In chapter 9 when I free Leana she bounce into the big spider corpse and she didn't follow me!

and now when I used the portal Xana told me that Leana told me something a while ago but... Leana isn't with me :D did I must play again so she would follow me? :>
"Today is the last day
of the rest of Your Life!"
- Caleb from "Blood"

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 13 Jan 2007, 01:33

Well, if you have a recent save, it's probably safer to replay the big battle in order to free Leanna for good. But she could very just reappear later without any other glitch.

The news of the 12% increase in performance makes me want to play the game again.

DemonHunter
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DemonHunter » 14 Jan 2007, 12:00

Qlczas-PL wrote:<SPOILER>
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
In chapter 9 when I free Leana she bounce into the big spider corpse and she didn't follow me!

and now when I used the portal Xana told me that Leana told me something a while ago but... Leana isn't with me :D did I must play again so she would follow me? :>
I also had that, but after 5 minutes she did find her way around the corpse

Return to “Might and Magic”